Author Topic: Obvious news is obvious: Portal 2 announced  (Read 14872 times)

Offline shock

• Poster Child
Re: Obvious news is obvious: Portal 2 announced
« Reply #80 on: Friday, September 09, 2011, 10:40:00 AM »
What about Episode 3? (lol)
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #81 on: Friday, September 09, 2011, 05:25:49 PM »
What about Episode 3? (lol)
I've been wanting a new Half-Life title for a LONG TIME - I'd rather have a full-fledged HL3, though.
I think they should take whatever they had planned for HL2: Ep 3 and roll into into a bigger HL3.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #82 on: Friday, September 09, 2011, 05:26:53 PM »
Don't hold your breath. I'm pretty sure the announcement of the new CS was also meant to be a subtle "fuck you" to all the people waiting for more Half Life.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #83 on: Friday, September 09, 2011, 05:37:22 PM »
Really? Valve said that?

Huh. That's kind of a big deal. For all the shit I give them HL and Portal were genuinely good. It seems like they've determined it's easier to create a little context and throw together a multiplayer experience that will sell like hotcakes.
YES.

I think what we will see from Valve, if they offer a game with "Campaign" [with a story] w/ their game is like what you see in say L4D1 and 2 - where the Campaign is built to be played either Solo with computer AI; or w/ Friends online; or a mixture of both computer AI and Friends Online.

I think The Crossing was one of the earliest games I heard to plan to do such a thing, but I think that game went into the graveyard years ago.

EDIT:
Don't hold your breath. I'm pretty sure the announcement of the new CS was also meant to be a subtle "fuck you" to all the people waiting for more Half Life.
I'm not holding it.
Tons of other games around to keep me playing, until Valve decides to do something w/ the HL property.
After HL1, it took six years until we got HL2 to come around.
Probably be 12 years until HL3. :P

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #84 on: Friday, September 09, 2011, 09:16:58 PM »
Yeah, but the new CS isn't even developed by Valve. Which I suppose could also be taken as an even deeper, more meaningful "fuck you."

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: Friday, October 21, 2011, 10:06:34 PM »
Yeah, but the new CS isn't even developed by Valve. Which I suppose could also be taken as an even deeper, more meaningful "fuck you."

What the fuck does Valve do all day?  I mean, Steam, but that seems like it'd be a whole different department than their game development side.  Did they have massive layoffs a few years back that no one noticed?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #87 on: Friday, October 21, 2011, 10:52:54 PM »
What the fuck does Valve do all day?  I mean, Steam, but that seems like it'd be a whole different department than their game development side.  Did they have massive layoffs a few years back that no one noticed?
I assume they're like Blizzard in that regard, years between releases etc. Perhaps the team is focused on making more hats for TF2 but who knows what's really going on.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, October 22, 2011, 06:58:50 AM »
I assume they're like Blizzard in that regard, years between releases etc. Perhaps the team is focused on making more hats for TF2 but who knows what's really going on.

Hopefully, they're doing HL3.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 05:22:19 PM »
So I beat this today, probably 6-8 hours total. Really enjoyed it and am looking forward to the custom maps and challenges. Also co-op with Pyro, hope that works. Don't see why it wouldn't...its only 2 people.