Author Topic: Crysis Wars (Multiplayer) THREAD -- Update: Source Code released  (Read 1868 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Crysis Wars (Multiplayer) THREAD -- Update: Source Code released
« on: Friday, October 03, 2008, 02:00:03 PM »
EDIT:
This free weekend ordeal is over.

ORIGINAL POST:
Here's the details on the free Crysis Wars MP weekend for anyone who registers.

Introduction
Following on from our cryptic message in last months community update, we're now going to shed some light on what it actually meant. That's right, a Crysis Wars free trial weekend will be held between October 10-12th so you can round up all of your friends that haven't gone out and bought the game yet, and get them to jump right in with you from the 10th of October.

Official Press Release
EA AND CRYTEK DECLARE A WEEKEND OF WARS

Experience All of Crysis Wars Absolutely Free October 10th – 12th

The only thing better than more Crysis is more free Crysis!

Electronic Arts and Crytek are announcing today that Crysis Wars, the new multiplayer suite for Crytek’s award-winning Crysis franchise and part of the critically acclaimed Crysis Warhead package, will be available for free from Friday, October 10th through Sunday, October 12th.

“We have been extremely pleased with the reception we have received from gamers and press for Crysis Warhead,” said Cevat Yerli, CEO and President of Crytek. “Crysis Wars is definitely a big reason for this success and something we are dedicated to, not only as a part of future Crysis titles, but in terms of releasing new modes and continued support for our growing community.”

Starting on Monday, October 6th, gamers can take advantage of this offer by registering online at www.mycrysis.com. After registration, those who sign up will be emailed a unique activation key that will allow them to immediately play Crysis Wars on LAN for the entire week and will allow them to play on Gamespy servers from October 10th at 11:00 AM PT to October 12th at 11:59 PM.

Crysis Wars includes:

* Three diverse multiplayer modes including InstantAction, TeamInstantAction and PowerStruggle
    * 21 maps ranging from large battlefields to smaller, more intimate battlegrounds with a diverse array of settings ranging from beaches to graveyards
    * All weapons and vehicles released within the Crysis Universe

For more information about Crysis Wars and to take advantage of “Wars Weekend”, please visit www.mycrysis.com. For more information about Crysis Warhead, winner of Editor’s Choice Awards from IGN.com and GameSpot.com, please visit www.crysiswarhead.com. Crysis Warhead is now available at retail stores and leading online download services for only $29.99.

Summary
Make sure to tell your friends about this great free trial, and for those of you that already have the game don't worry not only will you get to play all those friends that haven't but we're also offering something extra special for you during the trial weekend.

- Crytek & EA
« Last Edit: Monday, May 11, 2009, 04:29:06 PM by MysterD »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: FREE Crysis Wars (Multiplayer) weekend on Oct 10th to 12th, 2008 for EVERYBODY!
« Reply #1 on: Friday, October 03, 2008, 04:00:00 PM »
Sweet deal. Crysis Wars is quite fun! Has some great enhancements over the original Crysis multiplayer and a lot of little variables have been balanced.

Oh, I forgot to mention I picked up Crysis Warhead a couple of days ago. The DRM is not quite as bad as SPORE, it just needed an online activation once upon completing the installation (like Bioshock), it's definitely non-intrusive and virtually unnoticeable by the average gamer. It does not require the disc in the drive either.

The performance is definitely better than the original. Now I'm just waiting for a "Triple C Pack" mod for Warhead.

I also like that Crysis Warhead and Crysis Wars are completely separate. Separate discs, separate installation.

I have not tested it on LAN yet (as I only have one system capable of running it), Crysis Wars is a lot of fun. Normally I hate deathmatch in favour of coop but this is the most fun I've ever had in deathmatch. It was lagging a bit (I was getting a ping ~290ms) but I managed to squeeze my way up to 2nd place out of 24 players all of which had a ping ~100ms and under. I had to brag about that :P

I always thought the Camouflage would be kinda weird in multiplayer but it's actually quite balanced. If you fire while cloaked you not only decloak, you also lose all your suit's energy. The part I liked is when you're cloaked you're not 100% invisible but you are very hard to spot (just like The Predator). You have to have a keen eye to spot someone who's cloaked and it's amusing when you blast him into visibility!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: FREE Crysis Wars (Multiplayer) weekend on Oct 10th to 12th, 2008 for EVERYBODY!
« Reply #2 on: Friday, October 03, 2008, 08:16:14 PM »
Sweet deal. Crysis Wars is quite fun! Has some great enhancements over the original Crysis multiplayer and a lot of little variables have been balanced.

Oh, I forgot to mention I picked up Crysis Warhead a couple of days ago. The DRM is not quite as bad as SPORE, it just needed an online activation once upon completing the installation (like Bioshock), it's definitely non-intrusive and virtually unnoticeable by the average gamer. It does not require the disc in the drive either.
I don't know if it's non-intrusive really, since the reason EA is being sued for Securom also happens to be b/c it is believed to attack Ring 0.

The performance is definitely better than the original.
That's good.

I also like that Crysis Warhead and Crysis Wars are completely separate. Separate discs, separate installation.
Which is cool, since I don't have to keep the entire package installed if I say I only want installed the MP, once I finish the SP campaign (if I don't wanna replay the SP campaign).

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, October 04, 2008, 12:11:50 AM »

The performance is definitely better than the original. Now I'm just waiting for a "Triple C Pack" mod for Warhead.

I have not tested it on LAN yet (as I only have one system capable of running it), Crysis Wars is a lot of fun. Normally I hate deathmatch in favour of coop but this is the most fun I've ever had in deathmatch. It was lagging a bit (I was getting a ping ~290ms) but I managed to squeeze my way up to 2nd place out of 24 players all of which had a ping ~100ms and under. I had to brag about that :P

I always thought the Camouflage would be kinda weird in multiplayer but it's actually quite balanced. If you fire while cloaked you not only decloak, you also lose all your suit's energy. The part I liked is when you're cloaked you're not 100% invisible but you are very hard to spot (just like The Predator). You have to have a keen eye to spot someone who's cloaked and it's amusing when you blast him into visibility!

OK now I am buying Warhead.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, October 04, 2008, 01:44:44 AM »
I don't know if it's non-intrusive really, since the reason EA is being sued for Securom also happens to be b/c it is believed to attack Ring 0.

I'm not sure about it exactly, but at least in terms how obvious it is that some form of security is being set up it can go right over the head of anyone who is not particularly versed in the tech. I mean you'd never even know it's there unless you go looking for it; which also makes it somewhat unsettling (along the lines of StarForce).

OK now I am buying Warhead.
Sweet! Bring it ON!! Dude we can team up JK Outcast style! hahaha No Force choke here, but you can go camouflage and I can lure unaware targets into your line of sight then BOOM HEADSHOT!

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Crysis Wars (Multiplayer) Patch v1.1 Released
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 04, 2008, 12:56:20 PM »
Crysis Wars Patch v1.1 has been released!

Patch 1.1 Content
The following list contains all fixes, improvements and updates that have been integrated with this patch.

Fixes

* Fixed: Stand/Prone firing exploit by exaggerating spread of all weapons when transitioning
      from standing position to prone position

* Fixed: Inconsistency between the HUD score and the score shown in the scoreboard

* Fixed: Disconnection caused by cheat protection for levels saved by the map downloader

Improvements

* Improved: Player icon, cross hair and round start messages visibility against bright backgrounds

Updates

# Removal of online activation (ReleaseControl)
    With this patch the online activation has been removed due to some problems with it we encountered after the release of the game.

# Support of Linux server
    The linux server that is part of the Patch 1.1 release allows server administrators to setup dedicated servers on a linux based operating system. The download of the dedicated linux server can be found here.

# 64bit version
    Missing in the final version of Crysis Wars we are now able to release the 64bit Binaries. It is important to note that the 64bit binaries are not supporting the anti-cheat tool Punkbuster. If you own a 64bit system and you want to play with Punkbuster it is required to start the Crysis.exe that is located inside the Bin32 folder.

# Vista Parental Control file
    Allows parents to control the access to the game on the Windows Vista operating systems.

Some pretty good fixes and improvements plus a special one that just goes to show that bullshit security measures are also troublesome for the developers not just the players.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, November 04, 2008, 02:37:34 PM »
Well, Crysis Wars has NO install limits anyways. Glad they removed the activation process.

Has the install limits for Crysis Warhead SP been removed yet? Does it still need activation?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 04, 2008, 03:10:50 PM »

Has the install limits for Crysis Warhead SP been removed yet? Does it still need activation?
As far as I know that's still in effect. Occasionally it will have trouble connecting and tell me I can't start the game becuase it can't connect to the authentication server. Fuckin' bullshit man. Activate once upon installation and that should be fine!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2009, 01:44:25 PM »
Crysis Wars Patch 1.4 is coming soon.
So is the SDK.
All coming March 20th.

Crysis Wars Patch 1.4!

Introduction
That's right, we have yet another patch almost ready for you guys! For the gamers we've got some fixes that should really improve stability and enhance performance, and for you modders out there we've got enabled mod support! So an extra special treat in the form of the Editor will be made available at the same time as this patch and will be ready for download Friday 20th March at 19:00 CET

Patch Notes
These are the updated patch notes as seen in the readme file with the patch.

General Fixes

* Fixed a crash relating to dropped weapons
    * Fixed an issue where spectating players could impede other players' movement
    * Fixed several memory leaks
    * Several optimisations
    * Scope position broken when picking up the same weapon type

Updates and improvements

* All graphic settings are now available on DX9 machines
    * Improved visibility of mouse cursor on bright backgrounds
    * Improved hit feedback when shooting vehicles
    * Modding interface is now available

Balance

* Cloaked players are no longer detected by the Radar Kit
    * Reduced radius of Radar Kit scan sound

It's almost time...
In preparation for the release of the editor we've included mod support in this version of Crysis Wars. The full notes for the editor will follow within the next 24 hours, so hold tight, the waiting is almost over!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god