Author Topic: Soap gives caffeine kick  (Read 1567 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Soap gives caffeine kick
« on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 01:54:15 PM »
source

Soap gives caffeine kick

Caffeinated soap has been launched to help people who don't have the time for both a shower and a coffee in the morning.

Shower Shock soap /www.thinkgeek.com

Manufacturers claim their Shower Shock soap releases caffeine that is absorbed into the user's system and provides the same hit as a two cups of coffee.

The soap is also infused with peppermint and citrus scents so the user doesn't end up smelling of coffee, reports the Guardian.

A shower gel is also on offer, although the makers, Think Geek, warn that neither is recommended for pregnant women or children because of the caffeine content.

Jennifer Kuropkat, of Think Geek, said: "Every full body wash with the Shower Shock soap will provide the equivalent of around two cups worth of coffee.

"The caffeine is absorbed through the skin and into the bloodstream. It has exactly the same effect as if you were drinking coffee. Your blood pressure and pulse rate will increase, making your brain feel more alert and awake.

"The caffeine will then last in your system for approximately four hours - the same as two cups of coffee. They really are time-saves as you don't have to wait around for your coffee to brew in the morning."

The 4oz bars of soap, available via the internet, cost £3.50, and there is also a smaller travel version. The Mountain Dew shower gel costs £6.50.

So are people that lazy now? And you thought that caffeine breath sucked?

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
Re: Soap gives caffeine kick
« Reply #1 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 01:56:20 PM »
This product sounds like it has the potential to do all kinds of damage to your body. PASS.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 01:57:58 PM »
Besides, I fucking *like* coffee.  I don't drink it purely for caffeine.  If I want that, I drink Red Bull.  Of course, I also love the taste of Red Bull.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 01:58:55 PM »
Red Bull is too delicious... as is coffee... but I like pure coffee. I don't like the taste of the fancier stuff.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 01:59:07 PM »
Haha I heard about this.  I wonder if my friend will actually get this since he's really addicted to coffee.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 02:46:35 PM »
Yeah, I like my coffee black 95% of the time.  No milk, no cream, no sugar.  The only time this changes is if I'm drinking really bad coffee that just sucks.  Then sometimes a little cream can help.  But never sugar.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 03:25:53 PM »
I'd try it. I'm a caffeine addict. I love coffee, tea, red bull, whatever. All delicious. Anyways, most of the time I actually don't have time to brew coffee in the morning because I wake up just long enough to take a shower. You people are just scared of the caffeine soap. :-[

Offline Xero

• Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 04:48:38 PM »
I was given a bar of this when the underground here closed. Nifty stuff. I don't really think it was intended to replace coffee, it was for people like me who hit the snooze button to much. Or my room mate who's like Ghandi and a caffeine addict.  Not bad stuff really...

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 09:28:25 PM »
I've actually used the soap too, if anything its a little more invigorating than regular soap, has a nice smell to it also.  I doubt it could replace coffee though.

Offline NatchDan

• I object.
    • NatchDan Music
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 02:38:29 AM »
This confuses me, because it's not a new product at all. ThinkGeek has been selling it for years.
|

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 02:43:29 AM »
This confuses me, because it's not a new product at all. ThinkGeek has been selling it for years.

Indeed, I guess I'm not the only one who noticed that.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 03:02:06 AM »
Hmm... I guess it has only recently gotten media attention then.