Author Topic: Bf 2142 = spyware?  (Read 8536 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Bf 2142 = spyware?
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 01:53:32 PM »
The best part is you can barely tell that theres ads!

This is an unedited screenshot.

So, Pepsi made its way to 2141, eh? ;)

Is Taco Bell there? I remember in Demolition Man, which takes place in the future, Taco Bell was still around -- and survived some sort of "chain restaurant" war or somethin'; hehe.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 02:06:04 PM »
Haha I love in Futurama how many of the things are still there but they're somehow different :P "Taco Bellevue Hospital"

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 07:45:58 PM »
Holy crap that's aweful huge.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 09:50:10 PM »
That does look fugly.  Must be at low settings.  At least I would hope so.  Or maybe not.  After all, I do want this to fail.  And yes, that's huge, and I would never play a game with giant ads like that in it.  Never.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 10:03:12 PM »
That kind of advertising would be totally fine in FIFA! Or TrackMania Nations! Hell advertising boards like that could have passed off as acceptable in competition arenas like in Tribes Vengeance, even UT. But that's only because they are appropriate to the "stadium" environment. They're completely inappropriate and irrelevant to the setting and environment of this game.

I sure hope stupid/relentless advertising doesn't ooze its way into other promising titles.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 10:11:49 PM »
I saw a series of screens on one site (sorry, dont have the link anymore) where he went around one map and took pics of where all the billboards are. The ad server wasnt up or he did it offline because it was just some generic image, but all the billboards were large like the one above..and they seemed like they were all over.