Author Topic: The Recent Gaming Purchases Thread  (Read 11087 times)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: The Recent Gaming Purchases Thread
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, October 04, 2006, 07:27:37 PM »
I just fiinished the Uru demo, and it was pretty good! It takes a little while to get the hang of the controls (as simple as they are). I kept trying to understand if it was a 3rd person point & click or a 1st person game.. Turns out it's a mix. I like how you can create your own character too :)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, October 04, 2006, 07:40:12 PM »
Gametap is going to bring the online multiplayer Uru back up. They are even toying with releasing tools to players to create their own ages. Which on one hand could be cool, on the other we'll see a lot of crappy looking ages.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #42 on: Friday, October 06, 2006, 05:49:32 AM »
My copies of Uru: Complete and SC: Pandora Tomorrow arrived this morn'!
Yay!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #43 on: Friday, October 06, 2006, 07:15:40 AM »
Great....Uru: Complete won't run. :(
I get the evil "Cannot Locate CD-ROM" message box. :(

Checked the forums -- looks like it's either b/c Nero 6 and/or my Burner Drive causing issues....

EDIT:
Now Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow does the same thing, but only on the MP Portion of the game for the "Cannot located CD-ROM" issue.

Though, the SP portion will run -- and it runs just fine and all. Weird...

Any ideas, guys???
« Last Edit: Friday, October 06, 2006, 08:42:03 AM by MysterD »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #44 on: Friday, October 06, 2006, 12:16:56 PM »
Hmm weird.. In SC Chaos Theory the MP part doesn't require a CD (it's excatly the same MPa s PT but with some minor improvements).. In fact you can copy the 400 MB of the VERSUS folder to any PC that can run it and it'll still work.. Try running the direct exe for SC's multiplayer instead of the launcher menu.

As for Uru, I'd say try looking for a crack, that usually solves any CD-ROM errors for me.

I know it's not a fix, but it's a work-around and it'll get you into the game :P

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #45 on: Friday, October 06, 2006, 01:08:10 PM »
As for Uru, I'd say try looking for a crack, that usually solves any CD-ROM errors for me.

I know it's not a fix, but it's a work-around and it'll get you into the game :P
Found how to fix it and where to get the files from that you will need to extract:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/524109302/m/5401012463

Took me a lot of searching, but there is a fix for this issue, which UbiSoft released -- basically, you have to replace 4 files w/ those Ubi provides in this "Bug Fixing" zip file for you. :)

Yay!! It's running! :)

So, here's what you actuall have to do:

Ubisoft has released a patch that should fix the "Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application" error.

The patch is UruCC_n.zip, 3.29 MB, available here.

To apply this patch:
-- a. Save UruCC_n.zip to your hard drive.
-- b. Extract the 4 files it contains - SoundDecompress.exe, sp.dll, UruExplorer.exe, and UruSetup.exe - to where you saved UruCC_n.zip.
-- c. Go to \Program Files\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Uru - Ages Beyond Myst and for backup purposes rename these same 4 files. For example, rename SoundDecompress.exe to SoundDecompress_OLD.exe.
-- d. Copy the 4 patch files to \Program Files\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Uru - Ages Beyond Myst.
-- e. Play Uru.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #46 on: Friday, October 06, 2006, 04:14:32 PM »
Oh, my copy of NFS: Most Wanted just arrived via UPS, a few minutes.

Installing....

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #47 on: Friday, October 13, 2006, 02:59:53 PM »
Quote from: MysterD
I picked up today for the PC:
--Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
--Splinter Cell
--Sacred

Around $13 for all of that, after tax. Mad sweet.

That's an awesome deal, and they're all quality games ;D Enjoy them man!

Yesterday, I installed Sacred (jewel case edition). I figured it was the original version of Sacred, okay.....I figured I'd have to do a lot of DL'ing, to update it to "Sacred Plus" (130 MB patch file) and then add the  patch to the newest version of that.

Yet, after installing the game on the disc, I looked at the PDF addendum to the PDF manual for Sacred, which spoke of Sacred Plus -- which I knew was out, but figured I'd have to take the time to download the 130 MB file to install the extra content. Well, then I looked at the name of the CD -- "Sacred Plus." I realized this was going to save me time -- it's got the "Plus" content already on it! Very nice! I didn't expect that, since I do know they sell a "Sacred Plus" edition at stores and a "Sacred: Gold" edition (w/ "Sacred Plus" and "Sacred: Underworld" expansion) -- I'm wondering why this 2-CD jewel case edition wasn't labeled "Sacred Plus".....what was the American publisher (Encore is the US publisher) thinking?!?!?!

And booted the game. From the disc, it's already all patched up to the newset version of Sacred Plus, which is "1.8.26." Didn't expect that either.

All I need now is "Sacred: Underworld." Sweet. :)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #48 on: Friday, October 13, 2006, 03:02:04 PM »
Sweet ;D I love it when that happens :P

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #49 on: Friday, October 13, 2006, 04:50:34 PM »
Sweet ;D I love it when that happens :P
Me too.

From what I read on the Sacred site, I don't like that the US Version has been toned down on the violence so Encore (the publisher) could get the T rating, unlike the Euro version.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #50 on: Friday, October 13, 2006, 09:22:51 PM »
Yeah, that's a common case with many games.

I remember back home a friend of mine got a UK version of Turok for his N64 and all the blood was green, but my cousin got an Asian version (it was still in English though) and the blood was red.. There was an unlockable (or a cheat) which allowed you to change the blood's colour (red, green, blue, purple), but the UK version had no red blood option.. It was weird.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2006, 10:05:37 PM »
New purchases tonight: Odama for Gamecube and Dead or Alive Ultimate for the boobies Xbox. Both were on clearance at Target. Odama was $13 and DoAU was $15. Except the lady didnt ring them up right so Odama was free. Hooray!