Author Topic: Info on TF2 item drops  (Read 569 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Info on TF2 item drops
« on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 06:34:39 PM »
Interview

In the last update there was some strange changes. A "backpack" to hold, and delete, items. A "head slot" for...hats or something. Except there weren't any hats and why would you delete things you've unlocked?

I guess thats the next update. Currently there will be new hats, but they will be cosmetic only. At first. Guess they are toying with the idea of making them useful.

They are going to decouple the unlockables from the achievements...finally.

I dunno. I like the idea of a FPS with some RPG trappings in it (like if Shadowrun wasn't an abomination), but I don't think I want that out of TF2. While its cool they want to update the game, I'm not sure how I feel about the company being able to drastically alter the game after you've bought it. Steam makes these updates mandatory so there will be no way to say "No" and play the old version should you happen to not like the changes. It would be nice to have the option to play the game you paid for, and not the game they turned it into.

Offline PyroMenace

Re: Info on TF2 item drops
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 10:27:47 PM »
Looks like they are trying to compete with battlefield heroes which has similar gameplay ideas to what they are doing with TF2. It could work out to something cool but at the same time they could be shooting themselves in the foot.