Author Topic: I have my camera ready for next time  (Read 2173 times)

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
I have my camera ready for next time
« on: Monday, November 04, 2013, 08:53:43 AM »
So this morning I happened to look outside as I was making my way to my home office and something caught my eye. There was a red car parked in the middle of the road across from me. Then a guy stepped outside, pulled a bunch of bags out of the trunk, threw them into the mud and drove away. Yup, one of those assholes.

This area is new and is still being developed so there are lots of open fields of land ready for construction, unfinished roads, and unfortunately plenty of little spots where lazy idiots dump their shit, except usually they don't do right in front of the finished houses. I still don't get why people do it in the first place: it's not like you have to pay for garbage collection and if you have too much crap there are days when you can leave more than the usual number of bags. Most of the time it seems like people dump old crap or construction material from renovations, stuff that doesn't really have an expiration date or will smell up your garage that you must get rid of it right away. Like I said, I don't get it.

I also don't get how people can trash their own area in general. There's a school being built a few minutes away from me and it's already trashed, so is a small playground I passed on a walk yesterday a few blocks away. A few black bags and lots of cups, bottles, plastic bags, etc. It's not like the builder is going to clean it up either, the strategy here is to just cover it up. Alright kids, have fun digging up broken bottles! Is it really that hard to walk to the closest trash can? It really sickens me when I go on a "photo walk" to a nearby forest and there's trash everywhere from people drinking, etc.

Anyway, I've put a telephoto lens on one of my cameras. Next time someone tries to dump their shit I'm ready to take pictures. Fucking assholes!

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: I have my camera ready for next time
« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 04, 2013, 10:21:45 AM »
Yeah, we usually find dumped TVs and construction material in the ditch of our road. I dont know what makes people think doing that shit is ok.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re:
« Reply #2 on: Monday, November 04, 2013, 10:45:20 AM »
When I used to work construction on site this would happen all the time.  Sure, its a bitch when people are throwing their large garbage in your bin, but I understand... Fuck, I do it too.  Assholes would occasionally just lob bags of household trash over the safety fence though....and I would lose my shit. 

Shred your mail people, especially if you're dumping your garbage illegally.  Almost every time this happened we'd get a kid to go through the bags until they found something identifying, and then reverse number look up or just drop the bags off on the porch.

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 04, 2013, 11:07:18 AM »
Haha. Nice!

Yeah, it's most often just regular trash. Just put it away in your garage till next pick up or spread it out over a few weeks if its a lot.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 04, 2013, 03:28:42 PM »
Haha, that's awesome gpw.

I don't get why people do this kind of thing either. What I also don't get is how people build up so much trash. People throw away so much it's insane. The lady I lived with last would have overfull recycling and garbage bins every single week, like with the lids sticking up and shit. The garbage in particular would be heavy as hell when I went to drag it out to the curb. And it was just me and her. Now Heather and I have a place together, so same number of people, but we don't even have a full recycling or garbage bin hardly even after 2 weeks, let alone 1. In part it's because we compost in the back, and I guess because I make most of our meals rather than buying tons of packaged stuff, but we still do a fair number of packaged things. Way more than I think we should, even. I just can't imagine what people are doing to create so much waste.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 12:11:34 AM »
If it keeps going down Cools, and especially if there's no dumping signs, call the municipality or city.  Guarantee they'll root through the bags and fuck the guy.

Note:   I dump old furniture and mattresses in back alleys every time I have to get rid of them.  I'm not a good person.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 05:38:19 AM »
I had to pay $300 when I moved out of my house to dump some heavy stuff I wasn't supposed to leave on the curb for Rumpke, the regular trash service.  Much of that was for dumping fees at the Rumpke dump.  If I had known ahead of time, I'm sure I would have done something different, like not be a good person.

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #7 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 12:09:15 PM »
Saw another guy dump last night. Didn't have my camera close and it would've been too dark to get a clear image anyway. The weird thing, it was a guy on a bike and the package was very small. I'm tempted to go find the package (it was in a bright orange bag), but we've got a storm going on right now.