Author Topic: Talia, are you interested in getting married?  (Read 1804 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Talia, are you interested in getting married?
« on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 10:33:29 AM »
Since you are the only female here it is my duty to report this to you. linky.

Man, 105, seeks wife

A 105-year-old Chinese man has placed lonely hearts adverts in newspapers for a new wife.

Gong Duruo, 105, has placed lonely hearts adverts in newspapers for a new wife /Lu Feng

Gong Duruo, who was born at Chengde, Hebei province, in 1901, wants a wife less than half his age.

Gong, a doctor, said: "First, the woman better have a history of doctor practice or learning literature, since I need assistance to write a medical book.

"Second, the woman should be younger than 50, and can take care of my life."

Gong has two medical degrees - one from the American State University around 1940, the other from the West China University of Medical Sciences in 2000.

He currentlly lives with relatives but told Inner Mongolia Morning Papers he was looking for life partner again.

"Every one should have a goal. Without a goal, people would die very early. That's why scientists always have longevity, like Einstein, since they have life-goals," he said.

Kidding aside, it is sad that he is at an age where even someone 50 is extremely young.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Talia, are you interested in getting married?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 01:56:05 PM »
Oh God! Watch this idea get turned into yet another stupid reality TV show!

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 06:15:01 PM »
Gong has two medical degrees - one from the American State University around 1940, the other from the West China University of Medical Sciences in 2000.

Umm....

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 09:48:01 PM »
 ::)

Taken.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 10:26:59 PM »
I think he may be confusing "wife" with "assistant" or possibly "secretary," but who can blame him, he is an old man with at least one phony medical degree.

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 10:45:19 PM »
I don't know much about Chinese medical schools, but assuming they are somewhat similar to American ones, I think it is pretty impressive that he got a degree when he was 100 from a real medical school.
Suck it, Pugnate.