Author Topic: Quantum Break -> Update: QB PC Steam w/ 33% perf. gains on NVidia (Reply 42)  (Read 10602 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Quantum Break -> Update: QB PC coming to Steam with Win 7+up support (Reply 39)
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, August 10, 2016, 06:20:56 PM »
Read: game not selling well, better backpedal on all the stupid exclusivity stuff.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Quantum Break -> Update: QB PC coming to Steam with Win 7+up support (Reply 39)
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, August 11, 2016, 09:14:48 AM »
Read: game not selling well, better backpedal on all the stupid exclusivity stuff.
Haha exactly! ;D

EDIT:
Btw, the game is not bad but certainly not great. The production quality is top notch to say the least but it feels like wasted potential.

In terms of gameplay, it's a pretty generic shooter, despite the time manipulation abilities. The story is bland and even though it tries to spice things up by giving a tiny measure of control using the "Quantum Ripples" they're practically inconsequential.

$40 for a collector's edition? Not bad but only if you really, really have to have it.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, October 01, 2016, 06:14:16 AM »
Eurogamer - Quantum Break Steam-version is the way to go w/ this game on the PC.

Some things to note from this article:
- Steam version uses DX11; W10 Store version uses DX12.
- W10 version is no longer getting patches. PERIOD.
- DX11 version on Steam is out-performing the W10 Store DX12 version - yes, even w/ Nvidia cards.
- Around 33% performance gain on GTX 970 + 1060 w/ the new Steam version.
- NVidia cards like the 970 + 1060 are now performing a lot similar to the AMD cards like the RX480 and sometimes even topping them (not by much).
- AMD cards still basically perform the same across both Steam version + W10 Store Versions.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Quantum Break -> Update: QB PC Steam w/ 33% perf. gains on NVidia (Reply 42)
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, October 01, 2016, 12:03:16 PM »
Well, here's a petition I created for Quantum Break on Change.org urging Microsoft/Remedy to give owners of the Windows Store version a free copy for Steam.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Quantum Break -> Update: QB PC Steam w/ 33% perf. gains on NVidia (Reply 42)
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, October 02, 2016, 07:53:34 PM »
Instead of snark, I will say good luck! They really should give people who want it a copy from a real store. I can't believe they've already killed off future patches and such.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #45 on: Monday, October 03, 2016, 02:06:42 PM »
Instead of snark, I will say good luck! They really should give people who want it a copy from a real store. I can't believe they've already killed off future patches and such.
That's what really irks me. Instead of fixing it (the game and the store) they cut and run, leaving the customers in the wind.

I mean, it was bad enough that the "best" technical iteration of the game was announced to be exclusive to another digital platform (which everyone wanted in the first place), now they're basically saying it's the only legitimate iteration too? That's a big F you to everyone who bought it on the Windows Store, especially when they were told there was no other option (at the time).

At the very least there should be some good will gesture or a "thank you" for supporting the Store despite its many, many failures.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: Monday, October 03, 2016, 03:53:54 PM »
I don't understand what's so difficult about getting their store to work right.  They own the freaking OS!  My only guess is hat it's a systemic issue, an internal-culture problem--like Bethesda with Elder Scrolls and Fallout.  It just shouldn't be that hard to be competent with something so old-hat at that professional level.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #47 on: Monday, October 03, 2016, 11:12:58 PM »
This is one of any number of reasons I flat-out refuse to use the Windows Store. Fuck em. They don't deserve it. I'd rather simply not play a game than deal with that garbage, which is sad, but it is what it is. My hope is that many people will feel the same, Microsoft will be forced to realize their service is a failure, then hopefully they'll give up and sell things through better existing channels.