Author Topic: Rappers are teh tough.  (Read 9952 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Rappers are teh tough.
« on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 01:09:35 AM »
Croatia too dangerous for 'gangsta' rapper

Gangsta rapper Nas has called off a gig in Croatia because he's worried the country is "too dangerous".

Gangsta rapper Nas won't go to Croatia /PA Photos

Croatia has become popular with tourists again after the end of the war of independence in 1995.

Organisers of a concert on June 3 in the capital Zagreb say they've tried and failed to talk Nas out of pulling out.

But the rapper insists it's "too dangerous", local media reported.

A spokesman for Croatian label Aquarius Records which was helping organise his performance said: "We did our best to assure Nas that Croatia was not dangerous.

"We told his management that James Brown, Pink, the Rolling Stones, Public Enemy and others had performed in Zagreb and had no problems.

"But he has not changed his mind. We have no idea why Nas is so afraid of coming to Croatia."

I wish all 'gangsta rappers' would die horrible deaths.

Offline beo

• Veteran
Re: Rappers are teh tough.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 02:48:37 AM »
in other news - WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING ON HIS NECK? how much did it cost him, and does he actually think it looks good?

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 02:51:55 AM »
Dude, this is the rap culture. The bigger the bling, the higher the street cred. Its the most retarded social acceptance rules known to man.

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 02:58:28 AM »
Dude, this is the rap culture. The bigger the bling, the higher the street cred. Its the most retarded social acceptance rules known to man.

i get that (well i think it's stupid), but this looks like gift shop souvenir attached to a curtain rope. it's possibly the tackiest thing i've ever seen. definitely top ten.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 04:14:36 AM »
Actually, if there is any rapper I respect, it is Nas.  He is against the gangsta thing.  All his messages that I've heard are positive and encouraging.  In most of his songs, it's like he's lecturing black youth to rise above it all.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 05:25:29 AM »
i get that (well i think it's stupid), but this looks like gift shop souvenir attached to a curtain rope. it's possibly the tackiest thing i've ever seen. definitely top ten.

haha it looks like something you'd find in a cheap souvenir shop in Egypt.

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 06:04:10 AM »
Actually, if there is any rapper I respect, it is Nas.  He is against the gangsta thing.  All his messages that I've heard are positive and encouraging.  In most of his songs, it's like he's lecturing black youth to rise above it all.

actually what i've heard of nas, i think is alright (and i'm really not big on rap). but the chain...

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 06:26:50 AM »
Yeah, song content aside... yeesh.  I mean, I guess all subcultures have their own weird things, it just seems like hip hop culture makes the least sense.  There's no rhyme or reason to it, really, unless you want to take the obvious and just realize that it's based entirely on materialism, greed, and self.  But no, nobody wants to admit to that, or admit that 90% of it is slowly destroying the people that follow it like it destroyed the far more positive black cultures that came before it.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 10:16:25 AM »

Yeah, he is actually one of the few rappers that I enjoy. That thing on the chain is ridiculous, though. It's almost as big as his head!

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 02:22:52 PM »
Then why is he wimping out?  How does someone who's afraid of Croatia fit into this picture?  I'm surprised no one has asked the question, not that I really care that much.  (See Que's post.)

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 07:25:23 PM »
Interesting.  I just watched an episode of Three Sheets that took place in Croatia. I was left with the impression that it would be an extremely cool place to visit.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 07:35:11 PM »
First of all, Nas is not a "gansta rapper". Anyone who has taken the time to actually listen to his songs without writing him off would know this.

Secondly, I hate how so many people hate rappers just because they like rock. Rap and rock are about the same things: sex, drugs and rock n' rock/rap, why is it that rock doesn't get blamed for some white kid that shoots up his school anymore? Why is rap blamed for everything negative that happens in the black community, but rock isn't contributed to anything?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 07:41:12 PM »
I think you're deluding yourself.  Rock still gets blamed for plenty of shit.  In fact, it has traditionally been a far more controversial form of music than rap or hip hop.  It's just been around longer and people are used to it.  It's only *somewhat* recently that hip hop has become an absolute juggernaut in the music scene.

And guess what?  Probably 90% of what I listen to has nothing at all to do with sex or drugs, and I've been listening to rock and metal since I was a shrimp.  Most of my music is emotional, philosophical, or religious (not necessarily Christian, either) in nature.  Or just plain pissed off.  Some of it is political as well.  I certainly wouldn't say there aren't elements of that in rap and hip hop too, they just aren't things that even remotely come close to defining it as a genre.  Like you said, sex and drugs fills that role (or bitches and money... whatever).

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 08:06:17 PM »
I think you're deluding yourself.  Rock still gets blamed for plenty of shit.  In fact, it has traditionally been a far more controversial form of music than rap or hip hop.  It's just been around longer and people are used to it.  It's only *somewhat* recently that hip hop has become an absolute juggernaut in the music scene.

And guess what?  Probably 90% of what I listen to has nothing at all to do with sex or drugs, and I've been listening to rock and metal since I was a shrimp.  Most of my music is emotional, philosophical, or religious (not necessarily Christian, either) in nature.  Or just plain pissed off.  Some of it is political as well.  I certainly wouldn't say there aren't elements of that in rap and hip hop too, they just aren't things that even remotely come close to defining it as a genre.  Like you said, sex and drugs fills that role (or bitches and money... whatever).

You're kidding right? The only thing rock has had to deal with was the PMRC 20 years ago and all they wanted to do was put "Parental Advisory" on CDs. Rap had to go through the same thing, but I'm dame positive that no rock album has ever been illegal to sell in stores, unlike rap.

You also say rap isn't political, emotional, philosophical, etc, but you also said that you don't understand it. I would also believe that means that you don't listen to it, I think you're making an assumption from what the media is spoon feeding you.

Rock wasn't even considered decadent until white kids starting listening to it back in the 50's. Same thing as rap, rap wasn't considered a threat until it started topping the charts and white kids started picking it up. Once that happened, it was no longer something "those black people did where we couldn't see them".

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 08:22:37 PM »
You're kidding right? The only thing rock has had to deal with was the PMRC 20 years ago and all they wanted to do was put "Parental Advisory" on CDs. Rap had to go through the same thing, but I'm dame positive that no rock album has ever been illegal to sell in stores, unlike rap.

What rap CDs were illegal to sell?  There's a difference between being illegal to sell and a store just refusing to sell it.  Also are we talking about the United States or other countries?  Also Que listens to some rap if I'm not mistaken.  Also rap might have gotten more shit when the charts started topping but it had nothing to do with "white kids starting to pick it up".  I don't get why you say rock isn't blamed for when "a white kid goes into his school and shoots everyone", Marilyn Manson and several other groups got turned into scapegoats after the Columbine shootings.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 08:40:34 PM »
What rap CDs were illegal to sell?  There's a difference between being illegal to sell and a store just refusing to sell it.  Also are we talking about the United States or other countries?  Also Que listens to some rap if I'm not mistaken.  Also rap might have gotten more shit when the charts started topping but it had nothing to do with "white kids starting to pick it up".  I don't get why you say rock isn't blamed for when "a white kid goes into his school and shoots everyone", Marilyn Manson and several other groups got turned into scapegoats after the Columbine shootings.

2 Live Crew's "As Nasty As I Wanna Be" was called "legally obscene" and was declared illegal to sell in parts of Florida. I can't think of any rock album that has ever happened to...

The Columbine shooters' rampage was also blamed on being teased, K-Mart, Doom, and shitty parenting. Next to the shitty parenting, Manson took the least amount of heat. Besides, this is one case, rap is being connected to everything negative in the black community. Do you all think that blacks are that weak minded?

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 09:06:35 PM »
There has been loads of albums banned from certain parts of the U.S. just like the 2 Live Crew album.  When you said illegal I was thinking in all of the US.  Off the top of my head I can think of several Cannibal Corpse albums and Marilyn Manson albums have been banned in Kentucky and a couple of other states that I can't think of at the moment, but it was mostly in small areas, like the 2 Live Crew album.  There was a kid in New Braunfels (a town about 30-45 mins away from me) that got arrested for wearing a Marilyn Manson because it was considered "public obscenity".  I think you are deluding yourself if you think rap gets more flak than rock, they both have had their equal share of being scapegoats.

I also think there's an equal amount of shitty music in the gangster/hip-hop subculture and the recent nu-metal/rock subculture.  That being said, there seems to be a lot more glorification of "materialism, greed, and self" like Que said, in the gangster rap/hip-hop subculture than there is in rock, at least currently.  I myself like a small amount of rap (Deltron 3030 is probably my favorite rap album), but its mostly artists that don't sing the same redundant shit over and over again about how big their dicks are, how many hoes they have, how much bling they wear, etc.  Most of the rap artists I consider shitty isn't all due to song content, some of it has to do with the repetitive beats and just flat out mediocrity of the songs, but that's just my personal taste.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 10:30:25 PM »
the would would be a whole lot better if everyone just listened to some bluegrass and jazz

that stuff just makes you want to relax and lie back.

thats all i have to say about that
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 11:21:58 PM »
Nick, you obviously know next to nothing about music in general, no offense to you personally.  Half of what you said is dead wrong and can be easily disproven by just searching around the internet for five seconds.  Rock and metal albums have been banned all over the world, let alone just in the US, and they've gone through a hell of a lot more than just the PMRC.  You also apparently didn't read what I said, because I said that obviously there is stuff in rap that's emotional, political, religious, etc., it just isn't the kind of thing that really defines the genre at all.  Rock and, particularly, metal are much more divided by sub-genres.  Rap has a few, but probably a fifteenth of what metal's got, and a lot of metal's sub-genres are very focused on specific topics, many of which are entirely inoffensive.

And I've been listening to rap for years.  My best friend and I grew up in fucking Richmond and Oakland in the 80s, man.  I was surrounded by it.  It defined much of what I dealt with in school when I was a kid, and it was the only in I had with most of the kids.  No, I don't listen to a lot of it anymore, and that's because I think a lot of the people producing it now are talentless hacks, but I still have some albums that I go back to.  I seem to recall gpw and I having a few discussions about some old-school shit like Tribe Called Quest.

And no, obviously no music was considered threatening until it became popular, because nobody paid any attention to it.  Then it gets big, people hear what it's about, and they get curious.  And when people hear rap, they don't hear anything noble or worthy.  They hear greed and the lust for dominance more than anything else.  Sure, there are MCs who don't go down that road, and there are songs with decent messages out there, but they aren't the loudest voices and are in a very small minority compared to the rest of it.  Just look at the landscape.  And why do I dis the shitty culture black youths are following?  Because it's garbage.  Why do I lay blame at the feet of the music?  Because it propagates it.  It's the disease producing more of the disease.

Don't let that make you think I don't find fault in other cultures and other forms of music, even those I love.  I take issue with many of the fucking punks that listen to metal and try to abuse it.  I take issue with talentless nu metal bands and their ilk for their worthless music and lack of insight.  I take issue with bands that have serious satanic messages or that promote real violence, the burning of churches, etc.  I know their music because I'm a musician and I know a lot of music, but that doesn't mean I support those acts.

Anyway, don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, because that's not going to fly.

And yes, Keebs, I'm also a huge jazz fan.  I've made a few attempts to convert Pyro to the cause.  Maybe you can assist me.  I want to get him an Art Blakey album for his birthday, but I can't remember what he thought of the last album I got him (Brubeck).  Never been much a fan of bluegrass, though, so you're on your own there.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 03:48:14 AM »
This has nothing to do with what I see on TV or in the media, but with what I have seen with my own eyes. You know what I think of when rap music comes to mind?

First I feel a thumping vibration from the ground, then I hear it and realize it's a car about a block away. As the car gets closer, I start to hear actual lyrics. "Bitch ass hoes", "bust a cap in a muthafucka", "catch a beatdown, nigga", "bitches and benjamins", "bling bling", "I made tha bitch suck mah dick". The car pulls up and parks and some guys get out. Their hats are on sideways with the bill still stiff and flat, like they don't realize it looks stupid. They're pants hang around their knees, they walk with a limp, and they wear a giant "diamond" earring they stole from their mom's costume jewelry collection. They throw up pseudo gang signs, wether they think it means something or not, just because they think it looks cool.

That is rap to me. It's about an image that says you're the shit. Why are you the shit? Because you fuck whatever women you want, and you treat them like shit. Because you have money. Because you can't dress yourself. Because you have a quarter-sized jewel hanging off your ear and a 10 pound gold necklace. Because you have so damn much money that you put gold and platinum in your mouth, even though you had perfect teeth.

Who the hell decided all that shit was cool?

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 05:20:34 AM »
Ok, lets say for the sake of the argument, that everything about the Marilyn Manson thing is true. Thats only one rock group to blame and no one blames rock for that, they blame Marilyn Manson. Rap as a whole is grouped together, just like so many of you have done in this thread.

Of course this is just another subject where I'm just wasting my breath.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 06:38:32 AM »
Maybe that's because 90% of what you say is uninformed and irrelevant, not to mention arrogant in the extreme despite the fact that evidence rarely supports any of your opinions.  Just maybe.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 06:47:17 AM »
First I feel a thumping vibration from the ground, then I hear it and realize it's a car about a block away. As the car gets closer, I start to hear actual lyrics. "Bitch ass hoes", "bust a cap in a muthafucka", "catch a beatdown, nigga", "bitches and benjamins", "bling bling", "I made tha bitch suck mah dick". The car pulls up and parks and some guys get out. Their hats are on sideways with the bill still stiff and flat, like they don't realize it looks stupid. They're pants hang around their knees, they walk with a limp, and they wear a giant "diamond" earring they stole from their mom's costume jewelry collection. They throw up pseudo gang signs, wether they think it means something or not, just because they think it looks cool.

haha you know what I think when I see those guys? I think they should spend one week in a third world country to get straightened out.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 06:55:29 AM »
Maybe that's because 90% of what you say is uninformed and irrelevant, not to mention arrogant in the extreme despite the fact that evidence rarely supports any of your opinions.  Just maybe.

Where is your evidence? Oh yeah, you once sped through Richmond with your doors locked back in 1989...ok.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 10:43:46 AM »
you guys all need to simma down

rap music will be the downfall of society. It's actually the "gangster" image that is destroying us but 90% of rap music is focused on that. It does not take a rocket scientist to see this- one needs only to open his eyes and watch MTV for like 3 minutes.

Que- if you want to bring someone into jazz then you have to go with the classics dude. "Kind of Blue" by Miles Davis is the jazz album for people who don't know about jazz and if they like that then you can move them on to other stuff.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 11:28:20 AM »
Rap as a whole is grouped together, just like so many of you have done in this thread.

Are you even reading what anyone else is saying?  Que and I have both stated that we listen to some rap and we have both said in some way or another that not all rap is the shitty gangster rap that we both dislike.  If you want to start pointing fingers about how we "group things together", I can play the blame game too, in an earlier post you assumed that we were in the category of "how so many people hate rappers just because they like rock." when that was just a blind assumption you made about people here, you don't know that all we listen to is rock, I know that most people here listen to a variety of music.  You are just grouping us together because we don't agree with you and your views on rap music.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 01:21:26 PM »
Shoot Em Up is the one song I've heard by Nas. How is this being above the whole gangster thing? I know I'm just judging based off one song, but still.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 01:29:55 PM »
What I learned from this thread:

Rap is "black" music.
Rock is "white" music.
If you're white, you listen to rock and don't like rap.
If you listen to rock and not rap, you're white.
If you don't like rap you are a racist.
If you're white, then you must be racist too.
Rock is immune to ridicule and scorn.
Bitches like to be called hoes, and they love your bling and your gat.

Black power! Down with Whitey!

Rap music, in general, is complete shit. It's about greed and power, and almost never anything else. You know why I think it's spreading across America like a fucking plague? It's politically incorrect to be racist, and rap is automatically assiciated with black people. So people won't do anything to stop it, for fear of being called a racist.

Here's an example:
A white guy calls a black guy a stupid ass bitch, and the black guy attacks the white guy with a lead pipe and beats the living shit out of him in the middle of the street.
"He taught that white boy a lesson"

A black guy calls a white guy a stupid ass bitch, and the white guy attacks the black guy with a lead pipe and beats the living shit out of him in the middle of the street.
"Hate crime! He's a racist! Lock him up for life!"

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 01:31:04 PM »
Are you even reading what anyone else is saying?  Que and I have both stated that we listen to some rap and we have both said in some way or another that not all rap is the shitty gangster rap that we both dislike.  If you want to start pointing fingers about how we "group things together", I can play the blame game too, in an earlier post you assumed that we were in the category of "how so many people hate rappers just because they like rock." when that was just a blind assumption you made about people here, you don't know that all we listen to is rock, I know that most people here listen to a variety of music.  You are just grouping us together because we don't agree with you and your views on rap music.

I'm grouping you together because you are all saying the same thing. Its easy to say you listen to rap, technically I can say that I listen to country western. I dunno, I'm seeing a lot of hypocritical stuff in this thread and I'm the one being made out as the bad guy. First everyone says they hate rap, then everyone say they don't hate rap, then they only hate 90% of rap ( I keep seeing 90%, if you're going to give an answer go all the way and cut the bullshit).

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 01:33:28 PM »
What I learned from this thread:

Rap is "black" music.
Rock is "white" music.
If you're white, you listen to rock and don't like rap.
If you listen to rock and not rap, you're white.
If you don't like rap you are a racist.
If you're white, then you must be racist too.
Rock is immune to ridicule and scorn.
Bitches like to be called hoes, and they love your bling and your gat.

Black power! Down with Whitey!

Rap music, in general, is complete shit. It's about greed and power, and almost never anything else. You know why I think it's spreading across America like a fucking plague? It's politically incorrect to be racist, and rap is automatically assiciated with black people. So people won't do anything to stop it, for fear of being called a racist.

Here's an example:
A white guy calls a black guy a stupid ass bitch, and the black guy attacks the white guy with a lead pipe and beats the living shit out of him in the middle of the street.
"He taught that white boy a lesson"

A black guy calls a white guy a stupid ass bitch, and the white guy attacks the black guy with a lead pipe and beats the living shit out of him in the middle of the street.
"Hate crime! He's a racist! Lock him up for life!"

It's just music. That's all it is. To your ears it may not be music, but really, there's nothing more to it. These racial associations are bullshit too. Rap is popular music, even pre-pubescent white girls who don't understand half of what's being said listen to it.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 01:33:36 PM »
There are people who will group all rap into the same box, or trash can.  Take for instance, me.  I know that part of my problem is that I'm too old to warm up to something so radically different.  But I'm convinced that's not all there is to it.  I've discovered plenty of world music after I became an adult, and I liked it just fine.  I simply have some minimum requirements.  Just like I don't consider puking on a canvas art, I don't agree that speaking rhythmically to a plaster-cracking beat is music.  Red Green said his definition of art is, if he can do it, it's not art.  With some intense practice, I'm sure I can do rap.  I'll never ever be able to sing, or play an instrument, or do any music of any kind.

I don't mean to say that I can't see the difference between the thug values of gangsta crap and more benign rhythmic jawing.  I just won't listen long enough to recognize which kind of unwelcome noise is invading my atmosphere.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 01:37:56 PM »
It's just music. That's all it is. To your ears it may not be music, but really, there's nothing more to it. These racial associations are bullshit too. Rap is popular music, even pre-pubescent white girls who don't understand half of what's being said listen to it.

Well, I was being sarcastic. I know it's just music, but if you don't like it and you say somethign about it, you'll probably be labelled racist. This thread started out as laughing at some dumbass thug who thinks he's tough, but is scared shitless to go to Croatia. We laugh at him, so we're labelled as racist.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 01:50:32 PM »
When were you labelled as racist? In this thread Nick started the whole rap-black connotation but as far as I can see he didn't call anyone racist.

and cobra, music and art don't have to go hand in hand. You can probably whistle a tune, and that would be music. But nobody is about to call that simple little melody a work of art. A lot of rap is shit and doesn't approach anything I'd call art, but it's still music.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 01:52:49 PM »
Holy shit Cobra, you watch Red Green? I love that show and it seems like no one else has ever heard of it.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 01:56:29 PM »
There are people who will group all rap into the same box, or trash can.  Take for instance, me.  I know that part of my problem is that I'm too old to warm up to something so radically different.  But I'm convinced that's not all there is to it.  I've discovered plenty of world music after I became an adult, and I liked it just fine.  I simply have some minimum requirements.  Just like I don't consider puking on a canvas art, I don't agree that speaking rhythmically to a plaster-cracking beat is music.  Red Green said his definition of art is, if he can do it, it's not art.  With some intense practice, I'm sure I can do rap.  I'll never ever be able to sing, or play an instrument, or do any music of any kind.

I don't mean to say that I can't see the difference between the thug values of gangsta crap and more benign rhythmic jawing.  I just won't listen long enough to recognize which kind of unwelcome noise is invading my atmosphere.

Come on Cobra, you can learn to sing, play an instrument or make music if you wanted. I'm not sure how good it would be, but you can do it. I think the fact that so many people believe that rapping takes no talent is the main problem.

I never said hating rap made you racist, but the biggest haters of rap are white. Thats the truth, take it however you want.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 01:57:27 PM »
Women don't find you handsome, they should at last find you handy.

Got a fan here too, although I probably butchered the line a little.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 02:00:28 PM »
Holy shit Cobra, you watch Red Green? I love that show and it seems like no one else has ever heard of it.

you should come up here to canada. Duct tape forever!

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 02:19:52 PM »
I hate how so many people hate rappers just because they like rock. Rap and rock are about the same things: sex, drugs and rock n' rock/rap, why is it that rock doesn't get blamed for some white kid that shoots up his school anymore? Why is rap blamed for everything negative that happens in the black community, but rock isn't contributed to anything?

Here's a paraphrase:
You hate rap because you like rock.
Rap and rock cover the same subjects in lyrics.
People don't blame rock for white kids killing people.
Everything bad about the black community is blamed on rap.

Before you came into this thread with your reverse racism, white and black hadn't been mentioned.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 06:09:09 PM »
Here's a paraphrase:
You hate rap because you like rock.
Rap and rock cover the same subjects in lyrics.
People don't blame rock for white kids killing people.
Everything bad about the black community is blamed on rap.

Before you came into this thread with your reverse racism, white and black hadn't been mentioned.

How is what I said reverse racism? Do you really think that race has nothing to do with how rap is perceived?

Please don't paraphrase my posts anymore, I don't like having to defend myself against things I never said.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 06:47:40 PM »
How is what I said reverse racism? Do you really think that race has nothing to do with how rap is perceived?

Do you really think that race has EVERYTHING to do with how rap is percieved?