Author Topic: Saved by the nail.  (Read 960 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Saved by the nail.
« on: Wednesday, March 07, 2007, 03:58:39 PM »
link

Man, 85, saved by nail

An 85-year-old man had a miraculous escape in China after he fell from a fifth floor window but was saved by a nail.

Zhao Jingzhi, 85, had a miraculous escape in China after he fell from a fifth floor window but was saved by a nail which snagged his clothing until help arrived /Lu Feng

The nail in the wall, between the fourth and fifth floors, snagged his clothing and held his weight until help arrived.

After 30 minutes hanging from the outside of the building in Zhengzhou city, Henan province, Zhao Jingzhi was rescued by firefighters.

"I was trying to open the window, but I pushed too hard and lost my balance and fell out," he told Zhengzhou Evening Papers.

The alarm was raised by Mrs Liu, who lives on the fourth floor, who called police when she saw two legs swinging outside her window.

"I was surfing the internet, and suddenly heard a loud bang, and saw two legs outside," she said.

Zhao was taken to hospital for a check-up where doctors said he was in good health - but advised him to be more careful in future.

After giving him a check-up in the hospital, doctors say Zhao is in good condition, but should be more cautious around windows, reports Zhengzhou Evening Papers.

I like the person who got close enough to take a photograph yet not try and save him.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Re: Saved by the nail.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 07, 2007, 04:00:53 PM »
Lucky dude.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 07, 2007, 06:51:18 PM »
Seriously.  That's insane luck.  Like something out of a cartoon.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 09, 2007, 02:35:37 AM »
link

I like the person who got close enough to take a photograph yet not try and save him.

china.. explains alot
Taken.