Author Topic: Korn -- Untitled (new album) is on MTV's Leak to listen to  (Read 2531 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Korn -- Untitled (new album) is on MTV's Leak to listen to
« on: Monday, July 30, 2007, 05:19:44 PM »
Korn's new album, which is "Untitled", comes out tomorrow and all.

You can listen to it and all, on MTV's The Leak -- click here to listen to it.

I like the Intro (Instrumental)...has a circus kind of feel and all.
So far, I like the first song, "Starting Over."

EDIT:
"Kiss" is really good -- one of my fav's on this, so far.

"Do What They Say" .... did Trent Reznor sing this? Or Jonathan Davis??? Heh.

"I Will Protect You" is pretty good, as well.

« Last Edit: Monday, July 30, 2007, 06:06:39 PM by MysterD »

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
Re: Korn -- Untitled (new album) is on MTV's Leak to listen to
« Reply #1 on: Monday, July 30, 2007, 08:23:46 PM »
I checked out See You on the Other side after hearing Liar in a WoW pvp video, but really don't remeber liking anything else on it. I did like Take a Look in the Mirror though, even though it seemed like a lot of people didn't. I'm giving this new CD a listen as I type this.

Good songs:

Track 6 - Kiss
Track 7 - Do What They Say
Track 11 - Killing

I usually don't like Korn's softer and less aggressive songs, but tracks 6 and 7 are an exception. I'm not sure what to say after listening to the whole thing, either "This is a bad album" or "Korn will never be as good as they used to be".

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Monday, July 30, 2007, 08:46:06 PM »
I never liked them much.  First album was crazy and emotionally intense, next couple of albums were just sort of more of the same with some twists, but none of it mattered much to me one way or the other.  I have no interest in them now other than to hear what they sound like now... but it's highly doubtful that I'd be listening.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 30, 2007, 09:03:11 PM »
I fell in love with Korn with their first album, the self titled one. I bought Life is Peachy without knowing anything about it. Then I kinda missed the next 3 albums because I was ignoring anything without the "Christain" label on it for a while. With the exception of a few songs, I'd say their only good CDs are the first 2, and Take a Look in the Mirror.

I've tried listening to some of Head's stuff that he's done since leaving Korn, and I didn't like any of it. It's all way too ambient, and seems really preachy. I'd think someone who just found religion would sing about being happy about that or something, but the first song I heard from him was calling out Fifty Cent or something.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2007, 07:08:14 PM »
After listening last night to Korn's new album on MTV's The Leak, it swayed me to do what I originally planned to do, before listening to it: not buy the album.

Granted, the album feels to me like quite the mixed-bag. Some of it I really like, some of it I just don't like.

And I didn't really care for the two songs -- back to back -- aimed at Head, either.