Author Topic: Ive been gone for a couple of days  (Read 1262 times)

Offline PyroMenace

Ive been gone for a couple of days
« on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 11:16:12 AM »
Basically some rough nights went down and realized I had to do something about it, so I went back to a place I thought I wouldn't go again. I went back to a treatment center and got some help dealing with the drinking problem. Its something I thought I could do on my own because yes, my drinking was a bit excessive, but it was growing into a much worse problem which would have lead me to a much worse state and I was noticing I couldn't stop it. I was starting to feel like I was in a car with no break pedal speeding through red lights.

Anyway, I have returned, for better hopefully so I can now go back to fucking around on IRC with you guys.

Offline Ace_O_Spades

• Poster Child
Re: Ive been gone for a couple of days
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 11:26:02 AM »
Did it help? My dad is an alcoholic and he hates treatment because it fills you with all kinds of crazy hope that fucks with you hardcore when you relapse. It's hard for me to understand that level of addiction, but not in other ways because I feel like I'm addicted to other things that are just less self-destructive.

Anyway... Hopefully things work out for you man
The CONtrast
...Is the conTRAST
to THE contrast...

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 11:46:15 AM »
I feel like I'm addicted to other things that are just less self-destructive.

For me, gaming.

Pyro, I hope you feel better, man.  Keep up the good fight.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 11:53:51 AM »
Yea, it did, I got a lot of perspective and insight I needed. I also see how your dad feels about it, but I think its something to realize that many people relapse multiple times, which I kinda worry about myself and situations in my future. Hell right now Im a little scared of heading back to my apartment tonight and not stopping by the usual gas station mart to pick up a six pack. My first month or so will be a little rough and I realize this. I barely went through any withdrawal symptoms at all, in fact I felt perfectly fine at the treatment center because i was in a totally different environment with new people who are getting away from their addictions and thats makes me feel a little better. Important thing to remember its not the end of the world when relapsing, just another stepping stone to getting know yourself a little more.

I havent told my mom who is a recovering alcoholic that I was in a treatment center cause she has no idea I drink so much. But I plan to talk to her about it, and confront her if she has had any relapses because I suspect she has but she hides it so well from me and my brothers.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 12:23:53 PM »
Glad you're back, I was wondering where you've been.  Hopefully I wasn't adding fuel to the fire when you and I decided to drink here when you came over.  You've got my phone numbers if you ever want to talk or I can call you since I have free long distance.  Like Cobra said, keep up the good fight.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 12:37:57 PM »
Keep it up, hang in there, etc. I can't offer any real advice without being a hypocrite because, well, I drink too much as it is. I realized as much last night when I couldn't fall asleep because I hadn't had a drink.

Are going to go to meetings and whatnot?

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 12:57:51 PM »
I'm going to IOP, Intensive Outpatient Program, Im not sure how many times a week it is or how long, but its similar to AA but it covers for people with multiple addictions and mental illnesses.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Friday, November 16, 2007, 01:18:42 AM »
Good for you, man.  You're smart enough to know your limitations and not be afraid to seek help when you need it.  There are a hell of a lot of people who just let things get the better of them and totally screw themselves up.  But you aren't one of them... you're going to be fine.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #8 on: Friday, November 16, 2007, 06:51:46 AM »
Glad to hear that you are doing well, Pyro.  It takes a courageous person to check themselves in after realizing they have a problem.   I really applaud you for that.

I wish you luck with everything! :)
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #9 on: Friday, November 16, 2007, 12:13:05 PM »
Yea trust me, it wasnt easy heading to that place. In fact when I drove into the walk in center I knew what i had to do, and the women there set me up to go to treatment, I was a drunk but sobering up. I obviously couldn't drive there myself so a sheriff had to transport me and it took him 6 hours to show up. Those 6 hours was the most horrendous period of the hole ordeal, even the treatment itself I handled better. I was having second thoughts, even told the lady I changed my mind and I didn't want to go, I was a mess and a nervous wreck.

But thanks guys for the support.

Offline Dragonlor

• Nii-San!
« Reply #10 on: Friday, November 16, 2007, 08:35:41 PM »
I'm not good with advise or anything like that.  But I'm with you to the very end buddy and will do what I can to support you.  Hope everything get a lot better.  Like I said man I'm here with you 100%.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: Friday, November 16, 2007, 10:18:11 PM »
gotta love you for being brave and going there.

hmm can i tag along, it's not a drinking problem since i don't drink.. more of the mental illness, might take longer to cure though.
Taken.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, November 17, 2007, 09:53:09 AM »
Glad to have you back Pyro!