Author Topic: Joss Whedons new TV series: Dollhouse  (Read 3740 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Joss Whedons new TV series: Dollhouse
« on: Wednesday, October 31, 2007, 09:07:22 PM »
Neato

Here's how Fox describes the series:

Echo (Eliza Dushku) [is] a young woman who is literally everybody's fantasy. She is one of a group of men and women who can be imprinted with personality packages, including memories, skills, language—even muscle memory—for different assignments. The assignments can be romantic, adventurous, outlandish, uplifting, sexual and/or very illegal. When not imprinted with a personality package, Echo and the others are basically mind-wiped, living like children in a futuristic dorm/lab dubbed the Dollhouse, with no memory of their assignments—or of much else. The show revolves around the childlike Echo's burgeoning self-awareness, and her desire to know who she was before, a desire that begins to seep into her various imprinted personalities and puts her in danger both in the field and in the closely monitored confines of the Dollhouse.
Sounds...interesting. You can read the article for a little Q&A but they don't say much, just a bunch of gushing on how awesome the news is an that Buffy fans are excited. Whatever, Buffy sucked.

I'd rather have more Firefly, but I suppose this could turn out to be interesting. Though didn't he say he'd never work with Fox again? Whats up with that?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Joss Whedons new TV series: Dollhouse
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 31, 2007, 09:32:33 PM »
Yeah, that sucks.  Fuck Fox.  And yes, Buffy sucked.  Still, after Firefly I have to confess the guy interests me.  I'll keep an eye out one way or another.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline JacksRag(e)

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 31, 2007, 10:13:22 PM »
This just in, FOX has just cancelled Dollhouse.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, November 01, 2007, 04:17:33 AM »
Fuck!

I wanted to make that joke Jacks. :P

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 06, 2007, 05:57:31 PM »
People are on Joss Whedon's jock too much.  Admittedly, I never saw Firefly, but I saw most of Serenity and not only found it to be dumb and cheesy, but thought it would have been a better fit as a movie on USA or something.  It completely had a made-for-TV feel to it.

I just don't see what the big deal is.

Edit: Wow.  This totally comes off as a troll post.  I honestly didn't mean it that way.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 06, 2007, 07:01:47 PM »
Watch Firefly.  Until you do, your opinion is worthless.  And that isn't meant as a counter-troll post, it's just... like...

Damn it, just watch Firefly.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, November 06, 2007, 08:50:56 PM »
I was in a similar position as scott. I saw Serenity first. I liked it well enough, but it was cheesy andyou never really cared about the characters. It was an ok rental.

Then I watched Firefly, and was hooked. You really get to love the characters and "get" more of what they are about than the movie portrays. Once you finish the series and THEN rewatch Serenity you get a whole new understanding and appreciation for it. Serenity was totally a movie for the existing fans.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 06, 2007, 11:16:17 PM »
People are on Joss Whedon's jock too much.  Admittedly, I never saw Firefly, but I saw most of Serenity and not only found it to be dumb and cheesy, but thought it would have been a better fit as a movie on USA or something.  It completely had a made-for-TV feel to it.

I just don't see what the big deal is.

Edit: Wow.  This totally comes off as a troll post.  I honestly didn't mean it that way.

Well if I hadn't seen Firefly, I would have said the same thing. Because then you are judging his work on that Buffy show, and the Serenity movie... which without the TV show to back it up, wasn't that good.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: Monday, November 12, 2007, 03:40:26 PM »
Eliza Dushku is probably the hottest girl ever, that and another Joss Whedon series would be worth checking out in my book.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #9 on: Monday, November 12, 2007, 03:51:10 PM »
I know a lot of people think she is hot, but for some reason I find her to be a little masculine or something.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: Monday, November 12, 2007, 03:59:47 PM »
Pug, you and I are no longer friends.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #11 on: Monday, November 12, 2007, 04:37:31 PM »
haha... it is just her shoulders or something.

Come on... I am not saying that you like her because she is masculine.

That would be Keebler.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #12 on: Monday, November 12, 2007, 04:42:42 PM »
Heh, I don't find her masculine at all, but she really isn't my type.  She's cute, but sort of overdone.