Author Topic: New rentals  (Read 5448 times)

Offline PyroMenace

New rentals
« on: Sunday, February 04, 2007, 04:59:11 PM »
Unknown
Lady in the Water
United 93

Im really interested in Unknown, the trailers ive soon looked really cool. Lady in the Water I rented just for the hell of it. And United 93 Ive heard was really good.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: New rentals
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 04, 2007, 05:12:38 PM »
Unknown
Lady in the Water
United 93

Im really interested in Unknown, the trailers ive soon looked really cool. Lady in the Water I rented just for the hell of it. And United 93 Ive heard was really good.

Like The Village, Lady had horrible pacing, which ruins the actual decent story.

United 93 was great.

Ain't seen Unknown.

Offline JacksRag(e)

« Reply #2 on: Monday, February 05, 2007, 12:43:58 AM »
Unknown?  Never heard of it.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 05, 2007, 12:56:45 AM »
I saw a trailer for Unknown and it looks interesting.  I want to see it.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 05, 2007, 06:06:20 AM »
Never rent The Wicker Man.  Fucking stupid.

Lady in the Water pretended to be all mysterious and ominous.  But it just wasn't that great.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 05, 2007, 06:38:54 AM »
Unknown?  Never heard of it.

I thought you were trying to be funny at first.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 08, 2007, 10:45:10 PM »
Alright so Unknown was fairly entertaining. It was nothing really great but I honestly wasnt anticipating it to be as clever as it looked, and it wasnt. It just kind of unraveled rather typically and the twist wasnt to hard to see coming.

Lady in the Water... ugh. I didnt like it at all. This was Shyamalan's worst movie I think, and I wasnt fond of the Village either. It tried to do the whole fairy tale in a real world environment but just came off boring and uninspiring. Big Fish pulled that trick off so much better.

United 93. This one was just... wow. I knew exactly what it was about, but I still could barely stomach some parts. I've watched hijacks on action and thriller flicks before, but this was just so much more powerful. Everything felt so real as I watched it, definitely the best of the 3.

Alright new rentals.

An Inconvenient Truth
Lucky Number Slevin
The Chronic-what-cles of Narnia

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 08, 2007, 10:51:34 PM »
Alright so Unknown was fairly entertaining. It was nothing really great but I honestly wasnt anticipating it to be as clever as it looked, and it wasnt. It just kind of unraveled rather typically and the twist wasnt to hard to see coming.

Lady in the Water... ugh. I didnt like it at all. This was Shyamalan's worst movie I think, and I wasnt fond of the Village either. It tried to do the whole fairy tale in a real world environment but just came off boring and uninspiring. Big Fish pulled that trick off so much better.

United 93. This one was just... wow. I knew exactly what it was about, but I still could barely stomach some parts. I've watched hijacks on action and thriller flicks before, but this was just so much more powerful. Everything felt so real as I watched it, definitely the best of the 3.

Alright new rentals.

An Inconvenient Truth
Lucky Number Slevin
The Chronic-what-cles of Narnia

Lucky Number Slevin sucked! I thought it might be an action movie, or even a clever funny movie, but it sucked. It also has one of the biggest cliches of all movie time, two of them and they all involve Lucy Lui who I hate anyways. When you're done watching this movie, with your hopes crushed, you'll find it a waste of time.

Narnia I liked, but it takes a while to actually get going. Not to mention that for a PG movie, the battle scenes rock! Watch this one, but you have to stick with it.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 08, 2007, 10:55:14 PM »
I quite liked Narnia, but it's hard for me to be unbiased given how much time I spent with the books.  I liked it a lot, though.  Had me sniffling a bit during the big you-know-what scene.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 08, 2007, 11:26:05 PM »
An Inconvenient Truth was interesting... but nothing new or anything special.  I liked Lucky Number Slevin.  Thought it was a great movie overall.  Chronicle of Narnia is worth watching.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Friday, February 09, 2007, 08:15:08 PM »
An Inconvenient Truth was interesting... but nothing new or anything special. 
I liked this documentary.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #11 on: Friday, February 09, 2007, 08:27:14 PM »
I've actually just today been reading some very interesting tidbits on why Al Gore is full of shit.  Of particular note was this book.  I plan to read it soon.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, February 10, 2007, 01:55:37 AM »
Well, that book was written back when there was an actual debate. Or, when there was even the slightest doubt of whether or not global warming was caused by humans. Scientists recently proved beyond a doubt that humans are to blame. I think the UN report came this month, actually.

Articles: NYTimes

Fox News

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, February 10, 2007, 02:06:32 AM »
I don't think any intelligent person can deny Global Warming. Trouble is that there aren't many significant steps to stop it that don't cripple economies.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, February 10, 2007, 02:25:35 AM »
One way or another its going to hurt economy. Katrina is evidence of that.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, February 10, 2007, 09:51:21 AM »
I still don't know that I buy it.  There's still a lot of evidence to suggest that people haven't been looking at all the facts.  And let's not forget that many, many times in history scientific "facts" were challenged and disproved by scientists who didn't believe in the generally accepted consensus.  It's hard to ignore the fact that there have been *increases* in ice masses in some places to offset the losses in others, or the fact that there's no calculable change in sea level most places in the world.  Getting a bunch of grant-seeking scientists to whack each other off doesn't constitute convincing evidence in my book.  I'm not saying there aren't warming trends, nor am I saying that people aren't hurting the environment, I'm just saying I don't yet believe everything I've been told about global warming.  There seems to be far too much evidence that doesn't support their claims at this point and nobody has refuted any of it to my satisfaction.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, February 10, 2007, 06:04:08 PM »
I quite liked Narnia, but it's hard for me to be unbiased given how much time I spent with the books.  I liked it a lot, though.  Had me sniffling a bit during the big you-know-what scene.

Narnia (movie) disappointed me.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, February 11, 2007, 03:14:53 AM »
I don't think any intelligent person can deny Global Warming. Trouble is that there aren't many significant steps to stop it that don't cripple economies.

Call me a dumbass then.  I don't think humanity is in any way responsible for cyclical climate changes, and I doubt we're witnessing anything more sinister than that.  We are pimples on the face of the Earth, and even then, only on the 25% or so that isn't underwater.