Author Topic: Deja Vu (movie, w/ Denzel)  (Read 2998 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Deja Vu (movie, w/ Denzel)
« on: Friday, April 27, 2007, 02:47:18 PM »
Anyone seen this Denzel movie yet???

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Re: Deja Vu (movie, w/ Denzel)
« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 27, 2007, 06:33:55 PM »
I got it but haven't had a chance to see it just yet.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #2 on: Friday, April 27, 2007, 06:57:54 PM »
I was pretty impressed w/ it for the first hour and 20 some-odd minutes, as it feels like your not-so-typical movie....

But, then the movie makes a shift....for the worst...and goes "predictable..."

The "Shift" The Movie Takes....
(click to show/hide)

This movie could've been better than what it was....because in the 1st hour and 20 minutes, it was quite interesting, well-done, and unpredictable...

The last half of the movie, was just too paint-by-numbers and predictable...

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 10:29:56 PM »
Well overall I enjoyed it.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 04, 2007, 01:10:53 PM »
Good, because it's waiting nearby for me to watch it soon.  Will post comments later.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, May 12, 2007, 10:32:04 AM »
I forgot all about this thread.  I watched the movie, twice, and I liked it, mostly. 

(click to show/hide)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, May 12, 2007, 10:56:41 AM »
Yea I liked it and didn't like it. I mean you have to suspend your disbelief massively to enjoy it. If you can put you logic aside then you will like it.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, May 12, 2007, 08:43:40 PM »
I read this sci-fi story when I was like 12 that was totally like this movie.

In the story, man has found a way to look back into the past. They use these little portals and have set up a center where groups of scientists study the lives of past scientists/great men. The only thing is that they can't get any sound so each group has a person who reads lips.

Anyways, a journalist goes to do a story on these machines. He watches the group who are studying Isaac Newton. As they watch Newton grow older they notice he is very paranoid. He constantly rants about spies trying to steal his work. They skip forward to when he is a bit older. He is not paranoid anymore but they notice he does things like look up while he is working and smiles at no one in particular.

They fast forward to the day Newton dies. His last words on his deathbed are "My guardian angel who has watched over me my whole life. I am content to meet you now."

Then the leader of the Newton group gets this weird look on his face. He excuses himself and goes to talk to the other groups. He comes back and tells the journalist that every single person that the center is studying has at some pointed become paranoid and felt like they were being watched. "That is because they were being watched!..." he says "By us!"
Suck it, Pugnate.