Author Topic: Watch Dogs  (Read 5353 times)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Watch Dogs
« on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 03:46:55 AM »
Watch Dogs gets cover art:

Meh, generic but it gets the point across. Very Ubisoft-y style, slanted main character with gear and gadgets in sight.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Watch Dogs
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 04:44:37 PM »
I am so looking forward to this game. This just looks like a crazy & cool spin on the open-world genre of games.
This game just looks awesome from every Demo we've seen (Last Year's E3 Demo & This Year's PS4 Demo - all running on a PC).

It's almost a requirement these days that to ship a game to appeal to the masses, just stick a character acting tough & looking bad-ass while carrying some kind of weapon in at least one-hand.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 04:53:13 PM »
Game covers are pretty lame recently. Not much unique or something you'd actually want to display.

"10 OUT OF 10"

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 10:29:36 PM »
You mean this atrocity:

Which, thankfully, was later changed to this atrocity:

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 08:03:46 PM »

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Watch Dogs
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 11:27:26 PM »
So,  aside from PS4 and PC,  is this for current consoles as well?  It does seem like something I could get into on the PS3

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 01:30:37 PM »
Yeah I'm pretty sure its for current consoles as well. I mean, they are making a WiiU version.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 04:40:39 PM »
Prepare for VERY HIGH PC requirements:
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/watch-dogs-pc-system-requirements-revealed-64-bit-only-quad-cores-minimum-requirement/

DX11 & 1 GB video card required; 4 core CPU required; 64-bit OS's ONLY.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 05:28:52 PM »
Yeah, I'm out until I can upgrade.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Watch Dogs
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 08:45:32 PM »
The comments there are hilarious.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 07, 2013, 11:14:30 AM »
Don't worry, those specs weren't final. They got revised. Instead of 4GB it's now 6GB of RAM for minimum spec. Much better....

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, October 08, 2013, 06:42:32 AM »
I see nothing has changed in the world of PC gaming.  The PC I was eyeballing last Christmas (but never got) would already be in need of expensive upgrades.  Nothing to see here.  I'll move along to my little console world.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, October 08, 2013, 10:07:27 AM »
I see nothing has changed in the world of PC gaming.  The PC I was eyeballing last Christmas (but never got) would already be in need of expensive upgrades.  Nothing to see here.  I'll move along to my little console world.

Honestly, if you want to do serious PC gaming....
You either build a PC yourself;
get a friend to build it for you or help you with building it;
or configure/have a gaming rig built from a custom-PC shop.

If you're buying prefab (from BestBuy, WalMart, etc) - FORGET it.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, October 08, 2013, 11:44:39 AM »
Forgetting it is.  Not that I would shop WalMart or even Best Buy for a game PC, but I've never been one to build the things myself.  If it can't be found without that or without spending big bucks, it just ain't happening.  Honestly, I don't much miss it anymore.  Everything worthwhile ends up on the consoles, and usually looks and behaves well enough.  And that's before considering what next gen will bring.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, October 08, 2013, 12:20:20 PM »
Forgetting it is.  Not that I would shop WalMart or even Best Buy for a game PC, but I've never been one to build the things myself.  If it can't be found without that or without spending big bucks, it just ain't happening.  Honestly, I don't much miss it anymore.  Everything worthwhile ends up on the consoles, and usually looks and behaves well enough.  And that's before considering what next gen will bring.

The thing is - I think the PC is in a major transition AGAIN w/ numerous factors here. I do NOT think this is the time to build/buy/order a new PC right now. The landscape could change drastically soon.

First, we got the new consoles coming around the corner. Like when the X360 dropped - that's gonna also help dictate the PC requirements for multi-platformed game. We saw what Watch Dogs PC has for requirements - and it wouldn't surprise me if that is the start of HIGH PC requirements.

Second off, we got anarchy on the PC. We got the flopping of Win 8 here and also w/ Valve wanting to pull their gamers over to SteamOS (Linux). We got a war against Microsoft and its Windows OS coming - and who knows where the hell it's going. We got G4WL shutting down in 2014 - it feels like Microsoft is abandoning us PC gamers. If Microsoft don't do anything fast to make Windows more PC-orientated (after Win 8 flopping) and at least stay somewhat open as a platform - dev's, pub's & hardware-makers might want to go elsewhere. We already have ATI w/ their lower-level Mantle API coming - and EA giving it full blown support on BF4, since DICE wants a API of a lower-level for major performance boosts and gains. Looking at Watch Dog's PC requirements for Windows OS's, it also makes me wonder what those requirements would be on a system w/ lesser overhead than Windows - like say something like SteamOS. Windows has gotten bloated over the years, adding unnecessary things to it (Aero and background programs) and other things to slow it down. A OS built for gaming might be better for us PC gamers.

EDIT:
Besides Watch Dogs, add COD: Ghosts to the list of stiff PC-version requirements. Geez, Louise...

« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 08, 2013, 02:54:09 PM by MysterD »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, October 08, 2013, 02:47:41 PM »
Everything worthwhile most certainly does not end up on consoles, though I'll give you that a lot does. I feel the frustration to some degree, because my PC has slowly been dying for the last year or so and the thought of doing a big upgrade or getting a new rig is awful for me at this point (well beyond my current means). But I built it myself a hell of a long time ago and it still runs things, and for the degree of time which I'd have had to buy new consoles, I think this thing was far and away the better deal (given that even though a little pricier, I still want a decent PC for a lot more in life than gaming).

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, October 09, 2013, 10:30:07 AM »
You guys both make good points.  I go back and forth on this question.  Right now, to echo MysterD, it's just the wrong time to jump in.  Last year at this time seemed right, but I didn't do it--and I'm glad I didn't.  Even though I'm time-rich (and cash-poor) I can't find enough hours to play everything I want to on the Xbox.  I still haven't picked up GTA V, and Diablo 3 is on the shelf because the Tiny Tina Dragon Keep DLC went on sale, and got me back into the game.  Along with the Gibbed save editor to keep my gear at my level, and let me buy Seraph items (something I could never achieve on my own) I'm heavily into Borderlands 2.  (Funny how a cheating tool got me to spend money on Gearbox.  I bought the UVHM 1 pack too.  I had pretty much abandoned the game in disgust when it became clear it was way unbalanced for solo players.  Balance has now been haxored in. :P)  And I love Diablo 3, so that goes back in the tray when I tire of BL2 again.  Then there's Mass Effect 3, which I'm definitely playing in the future, and a whole list of other stuff I'm not about to bore you with. In short, I have no shortage of gaming just because I don't have a game PC.  In the future, who knows?  In a perfect world, I'd have a game PC.  But I live in this one.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 04:06:22 PM »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, March 06, 2014, 10:29:26 PM »
So is it still being called Watch Dogs? I remember some news where the name was being dropped or something.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #20 on: Friday, March 07, 2014, 12:20:31 AM »
I meet these requirements easily and my PC is a few years old. When I got it, it was mid range, not top of the line.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #21 on: Friday, March 07, 2014, 04:17:25 AM »
So is it still being called Watch Dogs? I remember some news where the name was being dropped or something.
Yep.
Someone made a mistake at Ubi and had to refile & re-register the name IIRC, hehe.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 07:09:56 PM »
Youtube -> Season Pass Trailer

Bluesnews -> Details on what will be in the Season Pass ($19.99 USD)
At $19.99, the Watch Dogs Season Pass will be available for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system, Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC.

Key Features
    All-New Single-Player Story – Take on the role of T-Bone, a brilliant but eccentric hacker who lives by his own rules.
    Conspiracy! – A new Digital Trip game mode that lets players hunt down cyborgs in this mind-bending alternate game universe.
    Exclusive Untouchables Pack – Pay homage to the classic Chicago mobster film with a M1 SMG weapon and a 1920s mobster outfit. In North America, the Untouchables Pack will only be available through Season Pass.
    More single player missions, weapons, and outfits.
    Save more than 25% over the individual downloadable pack prices.
    Season Pass holders get one-week early access to all included Watch Dogs add-on content.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #24 on: Monday, June 16, 2014, 02:49:19 PM »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, June 17, 2014, 03:56:40 PM »
TotalBiscuit takes on the PC version quality settings behind hidden & a modder re-enabled them:

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #26 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 06:00:47 PM »
Just finished Watch Dogs (PC).

Had a blast with it. While the gameplay + sandbox itself was great; and certainly, it's all a lot of fun to play...
...it's the (lack of) story + character development that weighs the game down. It's just kinda "meh", predictable, and pulls the game down from reaching the level of greatness that it should've reached.

Still, though - if you like GTA games; want some extra hacking + stealth thrown on top for good measure; and a variety of things to do - the game's a blast + must be played for those reasons alone.

Just don't expect character development, story, and plot to add up to anything worth much of a damn.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 12:01:57 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.  This is one I'll likely pick up at a cheap price sometime.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, November 28, 2015, 10:08:02 PM »
. . . and it's cheap right now on the XONE.  $15 in the Black Friday sale through the weekend.  *Drums fingers*  Kevin van Ord liked it.  *Drums some more*  I'll decide tomorrow.