Author Topic: Poachers mauled by hippos / lions  (Read 1849 times)

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
Poachers mauled by hippos / lions
« on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 09:00:44 PM »
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2010/03/poacher-attacked-by-rhinos-devoured-by-lions.php

The quote is the best part:

It appears the dead man was charged and injured by hippos. It's impossible to say whether he was alive or dead by the time the lions got him.

:D

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
Re: Poachers mauled by hippos / lions
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 27, 2010, 04:19:39 PM »
Haha

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 27, 2010, 04:29:26 PM »
The video at the bottom of the article is pretty damn cool as well.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 27, 2010, 04:49:37 PM »
I love when the universe dishes out precisely what some person deserves. It's so satisfying to me.

Like when right-wing politicians have gay children. Or when some kid gets picked on in school, and decides to fight back, totally knocking the shit out of his attacker. Oh it's marvelous! 

On a side note, not relating to the article really. Why is it that when people are attacked by animals it's a big deal? If some surfer gets bitten by a shark, everyone freaks out, the shark is referred to as a man-eater and it's somehow abnormal in some way. After all, the shark should know that it's not supposed to eat a human being, there must be something wrong with it. Sure it sucks, but that's the way it is. The shark is doing what it is supposed to do.

"Humans; you are an animal, and dependent on the intricate web of nature...act accordingly"

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 27, 2010, 06:47:45 PM »
Well, yeah.  All animals fight for survival.  The human animal is just way better at it than most others.  In nearly any competition with other species, the human will win massively.  Intelligence, speech and opposable thumbs FTW.  Tree huggers are so in love with nature, yet they despise its most successful achievement.  C'est la vie.   ;)

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 11:10:11 AM »
Cause by this point we believe that "nature" is something we have control over, that we are somehow immune from it's rules and practices.

Same thing with weather. People love bitching about how bad the weather is like somehow it's only supposed to be nice and warm for us to enjoy. These days, any time a storm comes it's bound to somehow get associated with global warming, yet weather has always been unpredictable, chaotic and "strange".

Even in the video, the one at the bottom of the article, you can hear some people cheering for the buffalo when the calf gets attacked by lions. Like somehow the lions are "bad". People forget that death and struggle are the way of life.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 11:27:01 AM »
It is human nature to cheer for the underdog. Nothing wrong with that.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 12:25:44 PM »
I think humans are way out of line when they poach etc.. it's unnecessary.. so serves him right for getting killed and eaten.. as you sow, so shall you reap.
Taken.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 02:32:59 PM »
It is human nature to cheer for the underdog. Nothing wrong with that.

Whoa!  I swear I thought of posting that very comment above.  I guess I should have.  Yes, we root for the underdog.  Not that I think a shark is an underdog in its element.  They have survived millions of years for a reason.  They are much older than us.