Author Topic: Ahhh.... Japan... volume II  (Read 2131 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 17, 2009, 12:02:38 AM by Pugnate »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Ahhh.... Japan... pt.II
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 05:17:49 PM »
What the?! For a sec I had to check that it wasn't April 1st!

I'm gonna look at the bright side and say: at least he's not obsessing over a real person who he would have likely stalked and possibly killed. Imagine if he had been talking to a phone sex operator then "fell in love" and tracked her down. Could gotten real creepy real fast.

I can see both his parents facepalming intently for several hours.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 07:07:43 PM »
On the bright side:
While not legally binding by any means...
At least they aren't THAT crazy. Though sadly that guy is that crazy.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 07:08:58 PM »
I... well... fuck theres just no words for how pathetic that is.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 07:56:02 PM »
That's crazy.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 08:35:43 PM »
このやつがぜんぜん気が変んだよ。 That guy is completely fucking insane.

I can understand loneliness driving people to extremes, but on top of being mostly imaginary to begin with, with only the stimulus of a program to drive your psychosis, this is taking such insanity to a whole new level because the virtual program can't even acknowledge your fantasy.  So you're literally playing make-believe with your make-believe.  That's pretty fucking bad, man.  You're even further than far gone at that point, I think.

A lot of this kind of thing stems from some severe societal problems over there, which is probably obvious enough to anyone, but it's really as much to do with women as it is to do with men, and has a lot to do with cultural restrictions as well.  But the Japanese have a strange relationship to technology that's hard for westerners to understand, which doesn't directly lead to shit like this, but is what puts them just far enough over the top so that a number of nutjobs will go and take shit like this too far (and let's face it, if some of this technology actually existed in America, some nutjobs here would probably go for it too -- but nobody's going to bring ラブプラス to the states).  This relationship is hard to explain without having some exposure to pre-war history, post-war history, and a little modern film/literature history.  Even the perception of religion and morality over there can come into this somewhat.  It's weird shit, but it seems a lot weirder when you're assuming a somewhat even playing field, and that really isn't the case.  There are fundamental differences that drive some of this stuff forward, some of it far more mundane than you'd think.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 27, 2009, 12:26:44 AM »
fauxmance

ARGGGGH....FUCK.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Ahhh.... Japan... volume II
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, December 17, 2009, 02:14:37 AM »
I'm curious, in his poor, twisted mind, how he feels about other people playing the game and enjoying "his wife's" company as well. Conversely, how would he feel about some dude jerking off to it.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, December 17, 2009, 09:26:28 AM »
The game's dev should do something for him.  They'll make some more sales because of this buzz.  You can't get anything about this game character itself in Google without adding "-sal9000 -marry -married -man".  Haha!

I had no idea about the game or the character before the story.  People really eat that shit up?  Ugh!

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, December 17, 2009, 09:51:50 AM »
Japan has a pretty weird culture.  For a long time, I honestly had a lot of respect for it.  I perceived it as basically a Westernized Asian culture, a mashup of both.  When I was in my low 20's, I wanted to move there and live there for a couple of years.  That obviously never happened, and in looking back I don't regret it since learning about the seedy underside of Japanese culture with things like this.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, December 17, 2009, 11:00:20 AM »
This guy isn't everyone over there by any means.  These are hardly the kinds of people you meet at every street corner.  And calling this a "seedy underside" is a little ridiculous... would you be happy about not visiting the US because of Klingon weddings?  Would you even call that a part of "US culture"?  I think people really like to overstate this stuff.  Plenty of weird shit happens in most countries, and I think it's merely popular to focus on some of Japan's particular things now because it's more enjoyable to make fun of someone else than oneself.  You could have gone to Japan and simply avoided Akihabara and you'd have been fine.  Even then, you'd probably have found it less offensive than the Castro district in SF on Halloween.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, December 17, 2009, 11:23:39 AM »
Yeah, but this is hardy the only thing.  What about all the sex bars that are closed to foreigners, supposedly because it's just too crazy in there.  Or subway fondlings.  Some of this stuff seems pretty commonplace, which is a lot more than you can say about Klingon weddings here.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, December 17, 2009, 02:34:49 PM »
We have sex clubs here that are just as weird.  And there are regular bars closed to foreigners in Japan as well, it has nothing to do with being too crazy.  Some places just don't serve gaijin.

The subway gropings are a bit out there, that's true, but the subway system in Japan is nothing like it is anywhere else.  You'll literally have station agents pushing people and their bags into the cars.  They can be so crowded that smaller people will get lifted off the ground they're so smushed by other people.  Train gropings have come about because of the extreme conditions where they can actually sort of get away with it, and because very often, Japanese girls are too embarrassed about such things to say, "Stop it, you fucking asshole," and will just endure it.

Offline Schlotzky5

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, December 17, 2009, 03:10:02 PM »
What would a Japanese person think of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkbIEUVSAX4

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, December 17, 2009, 03:14:57 PM »
その黒い人はうるさいですね。

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, December 17, 2009, 09:55:45 PM »
As an outsider -- I am neither Japanese nor American, the Japanese appear to be far far weirder a culture.

Sure, some Americans like to dress up as soft animals and rub each other into ecstasy, but hell, I'd like to try that some day.

Wait.. what?