Author Topic: Do business with Noel Gallagher when he is drunk.  (Read 4146 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Do business with Noel Gallagher when he is drunk.
« on: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 10:21:50 PM »
linky

Drunken Noel tried to sign Maldini

Noel Gallagher nearly bankrupted himself by drunkenly offering to sign Paolo Maldini for Manchester City.

The Oasis star offered the AC Milan star £150,000 a week to play for his favourite club, reports the Mirror.

But he had to backtrack the next morning when he learned that Maldini had taken him seriously.

Noel said: "I said to him in a drunken ramble if he promised to play for City I would personally give him £150,000 a week.

"My manager rang me to tell me he thought I meant it. I had to phone him to say I didn't."

If Maldini, 38, had taken up the offer, he would have spent Noel's £25million fortune within three years.

What I find interesting is that Maldini, a former Italian football star, took it very seriously.

Offline ender

Re: Do business with Noel Gallagher when he is drunk.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 17, 2006, 06:01:16 PM »
Man, Noel and Liam are a bunch of sad, drunken bafoons now. They need to get back to being talented.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 17, 2006, 06:36:57 PM »
Man, one of my roomates would freak out if he heard you say that.  And by freakout I mean whimper and cry to his gross asian girlfriend about it...the one he's making passionate disguisting love to right upstairs right now.  I can tell it's passionate because of the intervals of the creaking and the fact that my other roomate says "the idiot has been in there for 3 hours".  Sometimes I wonder if her other boyfriend is as much of a bitch, but then I think about how much of a statistical anaomaly that would be.

Anyways, yeah...he'd cry.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 17, 2006, 06:49:50 PM »
Man, imagine making £150,000 a week!

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 17, 2006, 06:57:59 PM »
I once thought that Oasis was the greatest band in the world and they could do no wrong.

God, what an idiot kid I was.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 17, 2006, 09:08:29 PM »
They had one good album.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 17, 2006, 10:11:52 PM »
They had one good album.

You shut your damn mouth.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 17, 2006, 10:21:16 PM »
Honestly, I never even liked them that much.  Couple of my female friends got on stage and made them sign their boobies, but... I honestly don't see the obsession.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, September 17, 2006, 10:53:30 PM »
Honestly, I never even liked them that much.  Couple of my female friends got on stage and made them sign their boobies, but... I honestly don't see the obsession.

You...you can also shut your damn mouth.

Offline ender

« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 05:53:52 AM »
Actually i think Definitely Maybe and What's The Story Morning Glory are two definite "masterpiece" albums. So that's two. Be Here Now was good... but sounds really dated now.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 08:33:28 AM »
Actually i think Definitely Maybe and What's The Story Morning Glory are two definite "masterpiece" albums. So that's two. Be Here Now was good... but sounds really dated now.

I completly agree. Loved the first two and thought Be Here Now was merely good. Everything after that was shit.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline ender

« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 08:55:54 AM »
I completly agree. Loved the first two and thought Be Here Now was merely good. Everything after that was shit.

Yeah, I think Noel squandered some of his backlog of best songs on b-sides (they released tons in the 90s that could have been saved for later albums) and just kind of ran out of new melodies and song content... but you look at the first two albums and there are so many singles and great songs its a wonder they even had that many.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 09:14:26 AM »
Yeah, I think Noel squandered some of his backlog of best songs on b-sides (they released tons in the 90s that could have been saved for later albums) and just kind of ran out of new melodies and song content... but you look at the first two albums and there are so many singles and great songs its a wonder they even had that many.

Wow..its funny you should mention the bsides because I was just listening to a bunch of them. "Whatever", "Half the World Away" and "The Masterplan" are probably my favorites.
Suck it, Pugnate.