Author Topic: REN!  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
REN!
« on: Wednesday, October 13, 2010, 01:53:13 AM »
Are you back in Canada? Done with your travels? Do update us.

Offline ren

• Veteran
Re: REN!
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 08:48:47 AM »
I've been back in Canada for a while now. After about 6 months abroad I was home in Toronto for the last couple of weeks of August but since then I've been at university. By the end of the trip I was ready to come home, it was the perfect length. I met some people who had been traveling for years though; I don't understand how they do it.

And right now I'm doing laundry and making lunch.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 12:39:08 PM »
Are you making.. laundry soup?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 09:00:06 AM »
I've been back in Canada for a while now. After about 6 months abroad I was home in Toronto for the last couple of weeks of August but since then I've been at university. By the end of the trip I was ready to come home, it was the perfect length. I met some people who had been traveling for years though; I don't understand how they do it.

For years? Wow.

How'd you sum up your trip? Do you feel more enlightened?

What are you studying? And how the hell old are you anyway?

Do post some travel pics if possible.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 11:01:32 AM »
Are you making.. laundry soup?

It cleans you out and leaves you feeling fresh.

For years? Wow.

How'd you sum up your trip? Do you feel more enlightened?

What are you studying? And how the hell old are you anyway?

Do post some travel pics if possible.

I don't know if I'd described myself as enlightened but I'm definitely better off. I'm finding now that I'm back I'm far more confident in everything that I do. I'm more sure of myself, more willing to make mistakes, I try more things, I'm a better public speaker. It's nice to go to a country by yourself where you don't speak the language and make it work. Makes you feel untouchable.

Also, the stark contrast of life in Asia and life in Canada was pretty jarring when I got back.  It's good to get perspective.

I'm about a year away from finishing a Bachelor of Commerce with a major in International Business. Right now I'm throwing around the idea of getting a job after graduation or doing the whole law school thing. I'd be pretty happy to get out of school, I've done a few internships/co-ops over the last few years and they're always so much more satisfying than university.

I am 21.63 years old.