Author Topic: New Lambo  (Read 1741 times)

Offline bullshark

New Lambo
« on: Thursday, March 03, 2011, 02:22:38 AM »
Soooo, who's got an extra $400k in their couch cushions?  Xessive, you will probably see this in person the same day it is released.

http://jalopnik.com/#!5771111/lamborghini-aventador-lp700+4-first-look

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: New Lambo
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 03, 2011, 05:22:46 AM »
Pretty sweet.  I've seen a lot of nice cars lately.  A bunch of Maserattis and even an Aston Martin DB9.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 03, 2011, 06:11:53 AM »
Oh man, I have no doubt it will show up on the streets here soon.

I've already seen a one-of-a-kind Ferrari custom-built for a Sheikh here. There are all sorts of crazy extravagant things here.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 03, 2011, 12:23:53 PM »
I like the Gallardo and the Murcielago look better.  This one has too many lines to it.  Haven't seen how the car looks at the back though.

Offline bullshark

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 03, 2011, 11:28:27 PM »
Pretty sweet.  I've seen a lot of nice cars lately.  A bunch of Maserattis and even an Aston Martin DB9.

The Maseratti Gran Turismo is one of the prettiest cars for sale today and a bargain in the low 100k's...

I like the Gallardo and the Murcielago look better.  This one has too many lines to it.  Haven't seen how the car looks at the back though.

It's strange, most people I talk to don't like the Gallardo.  I've always thought it was cool but maybe because it's only the baby $200k Lambo it loses it's appeal to people?  I dunno.  This new Aventador is based on the limited edition Reventon from a few years back.  The problem with a lot of these cars is they don't look nearly as good in pictures as they do in person.  I've seen many cars initially in print that I wasn't fond of but later saw in person and then changed my opinion.  Ferrari 599 was a big example of this for me.  In print it looks boring but when I saw it in person it transforms into a thing of beauty.  The AMG SLS is another case in point for me.  Now if only I could afford to drive one...

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, March 03, 2011, 11:46:55 PM »
The Gallardo LP560-4 got a Reventon inspired face lift and looks amazing to me.  I even prefer it over the Murcielago.  This new Lambo just seems too jagged.  Also, since it's the successor to the Murcielago, we're probably looking at a $350k to $400k price tag.

However, my current dream cars are the Ferrari 458 Italia and the SLS AMG.

I agree with you on the SLS -- that thing doesn't look that good in pictures, but in person it looks amazing.  It's also the car with the most powerful naturally aspirated engine in the world.  It's kind of hard to get out of the vehicle though.  The door sill is quite high and you sit very low in it, such that you pretty much have to climb and lunge out of the vehicle.

Offline bullshark

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 03, 2011, 11:56:12 PM »
The Gallardo LP560-4 got a Reventon inspired face lift and looks amazing to me.  I even prefer it over the Murcielago.  This new Lambo just seems too jagged.  Also, since it's the successor to the Murcielago, we're probably looking at a $350k to $400k price tag.

However, my current dream cars are the Ferrari 458 Italia and the SLS AMG.

I agree with you on the SLS -- that thing doesn't look that good in pictures, but in person it looks amazing.  It's also the car with the most powerful naturally aspirated engine in the world.  It's kind of hard to get out of the vehicle though.  The door sill is quite high and you sit very low in it, such that you pretty much have to climb and lunge out of the vehicle.

Yeah the new Lambo will be just under the $400k mark.  House or Lambo, house or Lambo, decisions decisions...

The 458 is just so pretty.  I always felt the 430 was too derative of previous Ferraris and when I first saw the shots of the 458 I literally said, "Yes.  SEE!  This is what Ferrari should be."

It's hard not to like the sound of that naturally aspirated SLS engine.  I'll admit, I've sat down at the computer for an extended period of time and opened up youtube videos of that car just to listen to the exhaust note.  Just amazing.

Have you seen the new Mclaren MP4-12C?  All initial reviews say it outperforms everything by a wide margin (relative in this category of vehicle) but lacks something special.  It doesn't look as good as the Ferrari but I wouldn't turn one down and to be honest, if I REALLY had the money I would drive them all and see which one felt best.