Author Topic: Assassin's Creed 2  (Read 17388 times)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Assassin's Creed 2
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 02:45:23 PM »
Yeah, but there are only 20 glyphs and you get to unlock a video when you get them!

Getting all 100 feathers will unlock the Auditore family cape, which will make instantly notorious in every region. Notoriety drops to its previous level when you remove it though.

I wanna find all the glyphs but I wish there was a way to know which regions still have active glyphs for me to find. I have 8 left and I can't figure out which regions they're in; aside from manually visiting every single region of each city and spotting the little red eye icon in the pop-up.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 04:07:27 PM »
Yeah, but there are only 20 glyphs and you get to unlock a video when you get them!

Getting all 100 feathers will unlock the Auditore family cape, which will make instantly notorious in every region. Notoriety drops to its previous level when you remove it though.

I wanna find all the glyphs but I wish there was a way to know which regions still have active glyphs for me to find. I have 8 left and I can't figure out which regions they're in; aside from manually visiting every single region of each city and spotting the little red eye icon in the pop-up.

I think you can go into the menu system and browse locations. There should be an eye icon on the corner of any buildings that have a glyph. Though it doesn't help you in actually locating where in that city the building is.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 04:48:44 PM »

Yeah, see that right there is my problem.  I think they should be a map item.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 11:40:44 PM »

Yeah, see that right there is my problem.  I think they should be a map item.
Or if they at least put the names of the locations on the map. In the Locations section of the Database you see the red eye icon over any locations that you haven't uncovered the glyphs, but it only tells you the name of the structure with no indication of where it is on the map. Sometimes it's a monumental structure like "Palazzo Ducale" which I only knew because of the plot relation (it's the biggest building in Venice) but then you have other stuff that I cannot recall based on my ventures in the game world.

I also realized that revisitng a location does not bring up the HUD location notification. So I kinda have to guess the exact locations of the locations with the glyphs. Or I could just use a visually detailed walkthrough like this one.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 12:38:15 AM »
I think they do popup again the next time you play the game (great....that's really fucking retarded).  I think.  I know that some have popped up for me more than once but they don't do it often.

Also, I kind of just figured out that the grey buildings on the map seem to the be important ones, so they should have either a glyph or a tomb.  That helps, and you can go into the database under "places" and see entries for the buildings that you've discovered outlining if they have anything in them and if you've found it. I also saw that it did state that you have 4/5 glyphs (or whatever) in Venice/Florence/whatever on the same screen. So, it's not as bad as I thought.

I am completely finished with this game though.  Too big of a time drain for me.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #127 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 09:04:45 PM »
Assassin's Creed 2 PC is currently $14.99 on Amazon.
WARNING/REMINDER: It does come equipped w/ Ubi-Soft's Always Online DRM.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, August 15, 2010, 11:57:49 AM »
Began playing this on the PC today. So far, it's really good - a bit over an hour into this thing.

It feels already like a major improvement on the side-quests - even though there are general quest types (Race, Beat Up, etc) - the NPC character models and voice-work are much more unique in comparison to the original.

Graphics looks great. And my PC is running this AC2 MUCH better than the original AC ran on my PC - higher res (1024x768) and higher graphic settings (mostly 3's). They obviously tweaked the hell out of this engine. Very impressed w/ that.

Nothing to say about Ubi-DRM yet. Ain't ran into any issues...YET.

EDIT - 8-21-2010:
I been doing some of those "tomb" missions (side quests), where you go after The Assassin's Seals - which feels like something right out of a POP games - where you basically do all kinds of crazy platforming, jumping, flipping, vaulting, acrobatics, and gymnastics to get from starting point to some ending point. Freakin' awesome.

« Last Edit: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 06:24:02 AM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 08:29:54 PM »
Just finished the game - wow, what an improvement over the original. Took me around 19 hours to finish this game.

Of course, I guess it wouldn't be an AC game, without some nice head-scratching cliffhangers at the end...
Until AC: Brotherhood, I guess...

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Assassin's Creed 2 -> PC Version = $7.50 from Ubisoft.com to download (12-18)
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 09:16:26 PM »
So, big old bump. Was hoping to get this new for $10 on amazons black friday sale but it sold out the instant it went up. I was pissed and then noticed Gamestop was selling used copies for $10. I tracked one down and its in good shape so I figured...nows the time. Plus Pyro got me Brotherhood for christmas so I have to beat 2 now.

So I'm a few hours in and having a blast. The first 2 hours or so were kinda slow since I didn't have my stabby blade. Soon as I got it I was having a grand time. Lots of interesting things in this one, collecting the art and improving the villa, but my favorite so far are the tombs. Hole shit, you got Prince of Persia in my Assassins Creed! Thank you! I saw theres DLC and went "Meh, who cares?" but if there are more tombs I just might have to get them.