Author Topic: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - PC patch removes Securom DRM from Non-Steam version  (Read 14415 times)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: BF: Bad Company 2 - Onslaught DLC for consoles; PC DLC is uncertain (Reply 76)
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, June 30, 2010, 08:12:04 AM »
BFBC2 gets a massive update, weighing in at nearly 1GB.

Changelog:
Server - Some potential sources for lag/rubberbanding have been eliminated
Server - The old reserved slots has been replaced by a kick-on-demand system like in BF2
Server - Log file for server admins: all remote admin interface commands/events are logged
Server - Log file for server admins: major server events + all chat messages are logged
Server - Idle kick is controllable
Server - Profanity filter can be disabled
Server - Teamkill-kick system is controllable
Server - Ticket counts and bleed rate are controllable per-level
Server - Infantry only mode available per-level
Server - Initial spawn delay and respawn delay are adjustable
Server - Server description can be up to 400 characters, and use "|" for line breaks
Server - Banlist can contain up to 10.000 entries
Server - reduced latency in packet handling

Admin Interface - fixed the player.onKill spam that occasionally happened
Admin Interface - ensured that player.onJoin events always report the player name
Admin Interface - events triggered when people spawn
Admin Interface - much more info on kills
Admin Interface - detailed stats are reported at end-of-round

Gameplay - Various minor level bugfixes
Gameplay - Helicopter handling has been tweaked
Gameplay - Weapon tweaks have been implemented based on PC public feedback
Gameplay - Tracer dart gun speed has been changed from 300 m/s to 200 m/s
Gameplay - Fixed technical hang when a crate was armed outside of the combat area
Gameplay - "Victory is near" message was shown for the wrong team on Valparaíso, this has been fixed
Gameplay - Countermeasures can be fired when driving a helicopter
Gameplay - The brightness of the pilot view in the Russian helicopter has been reduced
Gameplay - Advanced Spotting scope works better
Gameplay - Knifing people in the back works again (we backed out the change that we had done for Server R11)
Gameplay - Hit box for moving targets expands based on the speed of the targets movement
Gameplay - G36 now has crosshair when in Hardcore mode

Server Browser - Servers are sorted into 3 categories: Normal, Modified, Hardcore depending on their settings
Server Browser – Added support for retrieving update progress
Server Browser - Now refreshes information
Server Browser - Join queue system when attempting to join a full server
Server Browser - All settings are automatically saved between sessions
Server Browser - Pings are sent via an alternate mechanism, which should work for non-Administrator users as well

Client - Fixed DX9 issue, which likely caused graphics glitches and perhaps crashes
Client - Fixed some crashes
Client - Toggle/hold crouch is user controllable
Client - Toggle/hold zoom is user controllable
Client - Vsync bugfixed for DX10/DX11
Client - Rewritten how settings are written to disk; this should reduce/eliminate the spawn lag
Client - Fixed bug where a player could join a server before the stats has been downloaded causing faulty stats in "EOR- unlock progression"-screen
Client - New chat system allows chatting when dead (but not during end of round) and keeps a 100 lines log
Client - Improved Play Now functionality
Client - Removed K/D ratio and Skill Level filters in the leaderboards
Client - Any points you get while being dead will be added to your score
Client - Reduced negative mouse acceleration
Client - Increased health on the Cobra to match other vehicles
Client - More informative disconnection/kick reasons
Client - Support for Map Packs so PC gets future VIP maps at the same time as consoles

The Balance tweaks are as followed:

Slightly increased the damage of the UZI at long range.
The AKs74u now has more felt recoil when aiming.
The G3, VSS, and all SemiAutomatic rifles now settle slightly faster between shots when aiming.
The PKM, Type 88LMG, G3, An94, and 40mm shotgun have returned to their former glory.
Increased the damage of the MG3 to bring it in line with the rest of the LMGs.
Fixed a bug where the Saiga12 with slugs would do too much damage at long range.
Fixed a bug where the SVU would do too little damage at long range.
Fixed a bug where M95 rounds would not kill armored targets with headshots.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Ultimate Edition with all DLC is coming (August 12)
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, August 12, 2010, 06:19:09 PM »
Yeah, we've yet to see anything for PC besides the VIP mappack that came out around the game's release. No "kit upgrades" and no "onslaught."

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Ultimate Edition with all DLC is coming (August 12)
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, August 12, 2010, 06:25:40 PM »
Yeah, we've yet to see anything for PC besides the VIP mappack that came out around the game's release. No "kit upgrades" and no "onslaught."

That sucks. I wouldn't be surprised if EA just decided to only release all the DLC expansions for the PC version in an Ultimate Edition - if they are giving us one.

Really, I'm getting tired of all these re-released GOTY Editions - as it makes me wonder why I bought the game upon release in the first place. In the old days, expansion content was easy to buy in retail - so it wasn't a problem of finding it. You could always buy vanilla game now on disc, get expansions later as you go on disc.

DLC feels like a different matter. DLC doesn't seem to go on sale often from the game's publisher for direct-download, unless it's on say Steam or Impulse - even then, you're usually likely locked into owning Steam or Impulse version of game to get expansions/DLC, if you bought the vanilla game from them. Trying to get DLC on disc, who knows if they will release them on disc in double-packs (See Fallout 3 or Borderlands) if there's a lot of them or who knows what. Best chance to get everything, if they opt for it - wait for Retail Re-Release of some Ultimate Edition or GOTY Edition.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 02:12:35 AM »
So I've started playing BC2 -- finally -- and is it just me, or does this game not run very well?

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 03:01:26 AM »
Looks like eventually, Bad Company 2 will be getting an Ultimate Edition w/ All of the DLC...

ROFL, what DLC? There's was ONE piece of DLC, and it was an new mode. The Limited Edition stuff and VIP access all came with the game if you got the Limited Edition. Was that a limited run, or were pretty much all new copies the Limited edition? That's why BF1943 is included, because there isn't enough content to justify an "ultimate edition". Yea, the VIP access game you new map downloads, but there were never any new maps! All they did was add a new mode to a couple maps, and call it a "map pack".

It would have helped if there were at least more maps to begin with. There are 10, and not all support all modes. And if you stick to primarily one mode, you'll have at most 8 maps to play on. 8 for conquest, 8 for rush, 5 for squad rush, 5 for squad deathmatch, 4 for onslaught. Of course with the way DICE counts them, that's 30 maps!

In comparison, MW2 shipped with 16 maps, all but one playable in every game mode. Then they had map packs, adding 10 for a total of 26 maps. (I'm comparing because they are competing products, released within a couple months of eachother. Plus they even made jabs at MW2's map packs with their own map pack promotions.) Yes, MW2 has much smaller maps, but more maps means more variety.  A lot of maps have certain things you love or hate about them, and you love or hate the map because of it. BC2 gets me fatigued on the maps I don't like much faster, because you're playing them so much more often. I can see MoH being the same way, as I've only seen 5 maps for the non Combat Mission gametypes.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 06:22:28 AM »
So I've started playing BC2 -- finally -- and is it just me, or does this game not run very well?
Hmm, I've had not trouble with the game's performance on my old 8800GTS let alone my current Radeon 5870. It's a very smooth running game.

Have you switched HBAO (Ambient Occlusion) off? That's a big hit on performance and having it on is not a major visual improvement.

It really sucks that they haven't brought Onslaught to PC. That's the only one that actually counts as DLC.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 06:57:03 AM »
The game is throwing major issues even at medium. I'll try to clean up my system.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 01:38:32 PM »
Hmm, I've had not trouble with the game's performance on my old 8800GTS let alone my current Radeon 5870. It's a very smooth running game.

Have you switched HBAO (Ambient Occlusion) off? That's a big hit on performance and having it on is not a major visual improvement.

It really sucks that they haven't brought Onslaught to PC. That's the only one that actually counts as DLC.

I'm really getting overly-tired of this "Not bringing DLC to the PC" bull-crap.

Every platform you bring a game to, RELEASE the DLC for it - whether we have to pay for it OR they patch it in for free.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 11:24:12 PM »

Yeah, it didn't run so hot for me.  When I looked into it, seems like most were saying that you really needed a quad core to avoid fps drops. Don't get me wrong, still totally playable, but annoying at times.
I'm really getting overly-tired of this "Not bringing DLC to the PC" bull-crap.

Every platform you bring a game to, RELEASE the DLC for it - whether we have to pay for it OR they patch it in for free.

They're running a business, D.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 11:31:26 PM »
They're running a business, D.

That's really no excuse, I mean after all wtf.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 11:59:27 PM »
If D ever shoots up a stadium or post office then offs himself, i want his last words to be "RELEASE DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT FOR THE PC"
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #92 on: Friday, October 15, 2010, 12:38:21 AM »
If D ever shoots up a stadium or post office then offs himself, i want his last words to be "RELEASE DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT FOR THE PC"

No, I want him to say "FUCK YOU MYST333RDDD!"

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #93 on: Friday, October 15, 2010, 12:41:10 AM »
Yeah, it didn't run so hot for me.  When I looked into it, seems like most were saying that you really needed a quad core to avoid fps drops. Don't get me wrong, still totally playable, but annoying at times.

Yup, you told me when we were discussing the advantages of quadcores on PM.

Anyway, after last night (I had tried playing a PC game in after forever), when BC2 was running like crap, even on medium, I decided I'd open up my PC to see if it needed cleaning.

Well, I have four Persian cats in the house, and the video card exhaust vent was completely covered by cat fur, as was the processor fan.

Yes, this has happened before.

Hopefully this was the problem.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #94 on: Friday, October 15, 2010, 12:42:00 AM »

Or "I AM NOT A MUSTARDDDDD!!!!!@!!!!"

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #95 on: Friday, October 15, 2010, 01:02:46 AM »
Or "I AM NOT A MUSTARDDDDD!!!!!@!!!!"

OR... OR....

"RUCKKKK YOU DOLFEEEEN!!! RUCCKKK YYOU WALEEEEE!"

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #96 on: Friday, October 15, 2010, 04:16:39 PM »

A "Forum God" like myself is above that.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #97 on: Friday, October 15, 2010, 09:34:12 PM »
Why do you have Pug's sig? That's terribly unoriginal.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #98 on: Friday, October 15, 2010, 11:11:23 PM »
Dude, why do you have Pug's sig? That is NOT COOL.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 02:20:26 AM »
Piracy comes easily to D.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #100 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 01:42:49 AM »
Another massive update for BFBC2 on PC. Approx. 784MB.
A comprehensive update hits the PC version of EA's FPS Battlefield: Bad Company 2 tomorrow, the publisher has announced.

The patch takes into account requests posted in the 'My biggest issues' thread of the game's official forum. Alas, "Girls don't want to go out with me" isn't addressed but a bunch of other important stuff is.

The full list – posted below – includes bug fixes, weapon tweaks and stat revamps.

The update means that the game's servers will be down on Friday between 6.00am and 10.00am GMT, so no breakfast headshots tomorrow.

There's no word on whether the update will be applied to console versions at any point in the future.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 came out on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 back in March. Eurogamer's
Dan Whitehead gave it an impressive 9/10.
All Weapons Bronze Insignia requiring an unobtainable bronze star for the tracer dart – requirement removed.
Improved Hit registration made through several fixes and some of the hitboxes themselves have been changed. This will increase the accuracy of guns.
Blue box chat window removed.
The 2 second immunity when spawning/being revived will now be immediately removed either by firing, zooming, or any movement (move, crouch, jump). A Spawning Player can still orient passively in the Game World.
3D vision fixed.
Fixed slug shotgun zoom crosshair on PC so they better represent the long range accuracy. Crosshairs now close more on PC, similar to consoles.
Reduced slug shotgun hip accuracy to require zooming for consistent long range accuracy. Hip accuracy is now on par with the semi automatic weapons.
Fixed a bug on PC where the G3 would do less damage than intended.
Fixed VADS turning sensitivity on PC so it performs like the ZU23.
Reduced VADS push back and damage to balance it with the ZU23.
Fixed a bug where vehicle countermeasures would fail to remove tracer darts at high speed.
Reduced the reload time for vehicle countermeasures.
Slightly increased the AT4's damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.
Increased the AT4's top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.
Increased the AT4's splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry. The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.
Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.
Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire.
Fixed a bug with the SVU that gave it better close range damage than other semi auto weapons.
Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.
Fixed an C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert.
Fixed a bug with FOV when aiming the M1911.
Lowered the close range damage of the AN94 to highlight its long range role.
Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.
Increased the close range damage of the shotguns to give them a greater advantage vs slugs.
Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMG's.
Slightly lowered the damage of the MG3 at close range to balance it with other high rate of fire weapons
Slightly increased the damage of the UH60.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #101 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 02:04:20 AM »
If Steam forces this shit on me for singleplayer, I will lose it.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #102 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 02:06:26 AM »
If Steam forces this shit on me for singleplayer, I will lose it.
Just make sure your game is set to "don't keep this game updated" in the Steam properties.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #103 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 04:44:35 AM »
Yea I did. Unfortunately it seems to reset often.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #104 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 04:56:05 AM »
Do you not leave your computer on while you're away? I typically don't either but I usually let it run while I'm asleep. That's when I typically launch steam to gather and download updates.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #105 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 05:07:31 AM »
That's what I do. That BFBC2 update downloaded while I was asleep. I usually leave my PC on and downloading while I'm at work too; that's a good 8 hours of null time it could put to good use.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #106 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 05:22:12 AM »
Do you not leave your computer on while you're away? I typically don't either but I usually let it run while I'm asleep. That's when I typically launch steam to gather and download updates.

That's besides the point. I shouldn't have to do mandatory downloads of huge game patches which I don't need. When you have a large library on Steam, it adds up.

Rolling blackouts, slower connection speeds etc., makes my internet time more precious. Even if it wasn't, it shouldn't matter.

Anyway, so far, so good, I can play BC2, and it isn't forcing the patch yet.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #107 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 07:08:02 AM »
Btw, regarding BFBC2 (and other non-Steamworks titles) you can actually install the retail editions and use the legitimate CD key you got from the Steam purchase. In the case of BFBC2 it works well because you're given the choice of disc check or a one-time online check for authentication. So you can have a non-Steam version installed if you prefer, however BFBC2 will run its own auto-updater, so you'll have to also tell it not to do that.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #108 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 07:14:43 AM »
Btw, regarding BFBC2 (and other non-Steamworks titles) you can actually install the retail editions and use the legitimate CD key you got from the Steam purchase. In the case of BFBC2 it works well because you're given the choice of disc check or a one-time online check for authentication. So you can have a non-Steam version installed if you prefer, however BFBC2 will run its own auto-updater, so you'll have to also tell it not to do that.

@Xessive

Battlefield: BC2 (PC) is $14.95 on EA Download Store for Halloween.
Ever dealt w/ EA for downloading a game before?
Plus, I actually have a B-day coupon that does stack w/ this deal and would make it a little over $11 or so.
That's pretty cheap - even if I do get stuck w/ the 5 install limit (since it's a DL version, not Retail).

My curiosity w/ EA Download Store is - do they give you installer files and then you can back it up somewhere like say on DVD's or another HDD?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #109 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 07:26:45 AM »
@Xessive

Battlefield: BC2 (PC) is $14.95 on EA Download Store for Halloween.
Ever dealt w/ EA for downloading a game before?
Plus, I actually have a B-day coupon that does stack w/ this deal and would make it a little over $11 or so.
That's pretty cheap - even if I do get stuck w/ the 5 install limit (since it's a DL version, not Retail).

My curiosity w/ EA Download Store is - do they give you installer files and then you can back it up somewhere like say on DVD's or another HDD?

If you're really concerned about EA's Download management software and its install limits just download a torrent of the game and use the legitimate CD key you get from the EA purchase. It'll work and you won't have to deal with the EA software. Since you purchase it legitimately anyway, your soul should be clear of any guilt or guilt-like sentiments.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #110 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 07:37:18 AM »
If you're really concerned about EA's Download management software and its install limits just download a torrent of the game and use the legitimate CD key you get from the EA purchase. It'll work and you won't have to deal with the EA software. Since you purchase it legitimately anyway, your soul should be clear of any guilt or guilt-like sentiments.
If I'm worried about Install Limits and DRM - hey, that's pretty much what cracks are for. :P

I just want to be able to DL the entire game ONCE and be able to back it up on disc(s), more so than anything else. I really don't want to go through re-downloading big-ass games like this.

X, how much space this game take up on your HDD?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #111 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 08:07:12 AM »
If I'm worried about Install Limits and DRM - hey, that's pretty much what cracks are for. :P

I just want to be able to DL the entire game ONCE and be able to back it up on disc(s), more so than anything else. I really don't want to go through re-downloading big-ass games like this.

X, how much space this game take up on your HDD?
Well, beauty of BFBC2 is that it doesn't need a crack ;)

The game takes up about 6.8~7GB.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #112 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 08:15:45 AM »
Well, beauty of BFBC2 is that it doesn't need a crack ;)
Securom is more tolerable than StarForce.

The game takes up about 6.8~7GB.
That's not too shabby - I got room open for that (on my 2nd HDD).

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #113 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 08:18:08 AM »
I didn't know this. Thanks X.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #114 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 10:12:09 AM »
I just checked out EA Download Manager program - which updated itself to new version.

Yeah, if you mess around w/ your Settings - there's a setting to keep Installer files after a game you download is installed. Very cool.

G4WL - I hope they take note of this...

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #115 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 02:08:14 PM »
Any time, Pug :)

I just checked out EA Download Manager program - which updated itself to new version.

Yeah, if you mess around w/ your Settings - there's a setting to keep Installer files after a game you download is installed. Very cool.

G4WL - I hope they take note of this...
The trick I figured for G4WL is to open the temp folder while the game installer is open and copy the files from the temp to wherever you want to store them, and then finish installing it (at which point the installation files get deleted).

Coming back to BFBC2.. I really, really hope Punkbuster can figure out this crap with the cheaters/hackers coz it's not fun playing online anymore. Having a guy run up to me and stab me despite the entire clip I just emptied into his face is not fun. Even worse are the assholes uses aimbots.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #116 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 05:10:04 PM »
The trick I figured for G4WL is to open the temp folder while the game installer is open and copy the files from the temp to wherever you want to store them, and then finish installing it (at which point the installation files get deleted).
G4WL's trick is after it downloads, just don't go ahead and hit Install. Go ahead and copy the files elsewhere - to another HDD; CD's; DVD's; BR's; whatever. Then, once you finishing copying it elsewhere, then go ahead click "Install."

Coming back to BFBC2.. I really, really hope Punkbuster can figure out this crap with the cheaters/hackers coz it's not fun playing online anymore. Having a guy run up to me and stab me despite the entire clip I just emptied into his face is not fun. Even worse are the assholes uses aimbots.
I began the SP today. Holy crap - awesome graphics and the gunplay is just really good. This is some of the best looking graphics I've seen - it's up there w/ Crysis.

Made my way to...
(click to show/hide)

EDIT - 10-29-2010:
I love the name's of these missions, being references to other stuff...
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: Friday, October 29, 2010, 06:11:39 PM by MysterD »

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #117 on: Friday, April 01, 2011, 07:11:56 PM »
I started this up today in anticipation of the Vietnam and Onslaught sale next week. Tried Rush first. First match I got in, I got spawn sniped twice and withing a couple minutes my team's spawn was being camped. I left, found a new game, and it was pretty much the same thing. Then I switched to conquest. There were a few times when I got sniped within seconds of spawning, and several times when I got sniped out of the jeep I was gunning in. Then the match devolved into us camping their spawn.

I'm convinced snipers have no place in a competitive multiplayer environments. None whatsoever. Sure they CAN be helpful to your team, but 90% of the time they're not. Snipers do not make the game more fun for anyone but the sniper, and they make it worse for everyone else.

Also, I remember Day of Defeat, like 10 years ago, having spawn points setup so that the enemy team couldn't get into them. When did we devolve into allowing them back in?

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #118 on: Thursday, September 22, 2011, 04:10:19 PM »
New PC Patch released that fixes some things, adds some features, and also removes Securom DRM in Non-Steam versions.

Removed some memory leaks
    Fixed crashes when the game attempted to render lots of content (high detail, high FOV or multiple-monitor modes); this should particularly help multi-monitor users
    Chat window no longer causes lag spikes
    Chat window reworked opacity & visibility-time is controllable through settings in settings.ini
    Clantag is remembered when using auto-login
    Banner URLs can be up to 252 characters in length
    SecuROM wrapper removed from non-Steam version
    Minor performance enhancements
    Reduced rubberbanding on servers with more than 24 active players
    PrintScreen takes a screenshot, file stored in Documents\BFBC2\Screenshots directory