Author Topic: Dark Messiah of Might & Magic Thread  (Read 17606 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Dark Messiah of Might & Magic Thread
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, February 11, 2007, 07:12:11 AM »
I have the game off the disc installed, but I am just wondering about multiplayer and if I have to install that through steam?

Sadly, the MP cannot be played w/out STEAM. :(

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, February 11, 2007, 07:28:30 AM »
Aww Jeebus. Now I have to have steam download it.  :(

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, February 11, 2007, 07:29:16 AM »
Aww Jeebus. Now I have to have steam download it.  :(

Wait....you don't have STEAM installed?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, February 11, 2007, 10:36:22 AM »
No I mean I will have to let steam download the multiplayer component.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, February 11, 2007, 10:42:29 AM »
No I mean I will have to let steam download the multiplayer component.

Oh, God.....it took forever for me when STEAM forced to do the SP AND MP....

At least four hours, right there....

*snores....*

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, February 11, 2007, 10:45:32 AM »
Why were you forced to download the SP?

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, February 11, 2007, 10:47:24 AM »
Why were you forced to download the SP?

B/c, after installing it on the drive....

...When STEAM decided to run b/c I was isntalling the MP, I didn't un-click the SP. So, the SP transferred itself over.

No big deal.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, February 11, 2007, 10:54:40 AM »
So you didn't download it, and instead lied!

Well I will download the MP portion. You and Xessive want to deathmatch a little? :P I imagine the melee will be a lot of fun.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, February 11, 2007, 11:02:31 AM »
So you didn't download it, and instead lied!
Well, it connects you to a STEAM server transfers your files over into STEAM files -- so, it is a download, actually.....

Well I will download the MP portion. You and Xessive want to deathmatch a little? :P I imagine the melee will be a lot of fun.

So is the spellcasting! Muhahahahah!

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, February 11, 2007, 11:09:14 AM »
Sounds like a blast! The only "magic" I can see myself using is Poison-blast balls! But I can't play, it's not installed.. 7 gigs is a little too big for me right now, and I've only made just enough room for NWN2 and Oblivion. I had to take out Double Agent (10.5 GB install!!!). Besides that my connection is too slow for decent gaming.. I have a 256k connection here, beats dial-up but I tried some HL2DM and CS;Source and the latency is craptastic.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #90 on: Sunday, February 11, 2007, 11:10:00 AM »
Sounds like a blast! The only "magic" I can see myself using is Poison-blast balls! But I can't play, it's not installed.. 7 gigs is a little too big for me right now, and I've only made just enough room for NWN2 and Oblivion. I had to take out Double Agent (10.5 GB install!!!). Besides that my connection is too slow for decent gaming.. I have a 256k connection here, beats dial-up but I tried some HL2DM and CS;Source and the latency is craptastic.

I think you can install the MP alone; the MP's like 3.5 GB.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #91 on: Sunday, February 11, 2007, 11:19:51 AM »
I think you can install the MP alone; the MP's like 3.5 GB.

That's not too bad. I wish I could do that with SCDA though! The MP is only 2.5 GB and I don't need the extra 8 GB from the singleplayer, but for some retarded reason you can't install separately.. In Chaos Theory it was nice and easy, I could just cut and paste the multiplayer folder and it worked beautifully.

Anyway, I'll need to actually by the game, since I can't just log in to Steam with my cousin's account (that's how I've been playing it so far). And again, the connection is not good for any of my multiplayer games, all except Quake 2 of course.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #92 on: Sunday, February 11, 2007, 11:30:45 AM »
Xessive that made me laugh. Since I've met you, you've had stuff loaded on your hard drives, and they've always been much bigger than mine.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #93 on: Sunday, February 11, 2007, 11:32:28 AM »
Yeah, old habits die hard :P

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #94 on: Sunday, February 11, 2007, 04:04:06 PM »

Oh, joy!

How big/small is your hard drive???

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #95 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 03:57:50 AM »
I've got a 120 GB, an 80 GB, and a 40 GB.. The largest amount of free space I have on any one drive is about 5 GB.

I also just realized that I have 4 empty SATA slots, so I should get myself a nice SATA harddrive!

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #96 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 04:02:11 AM »
I am disappointed. You had a 120 when 10 was considered sufficient!

Now I am the master. I have a total of 400 GB wheee and I need more  :(. Hurrah for Bit Torrent.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #97 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 04:24:20 AM »
I am disappointed. You had a 120 when 10 was considered sufficient!

Now I am the master. I have a total of 400 GB wheee and I need more  :(. Hurrah for Bit Torrent.
Haha I have a total of 240 GB, but I need to manage my space to squeeze out the most of it. I have a lot of videos (taking up approx 90 GB). I should start burning DVD's. Well, first I need to buy some blank DVD's.

If I buy a 160 GB we'll be even :P

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #98 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 04:51:21 AM »
Get a sweet 200GB SATA if the opportunity presents itself.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #99 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 07:40:31 AM »
Get a sweet 200GB SATA if the opportunity presents itself.
I just might, considering harddrive prices are pretty good here!

On a related note, it's extremely difficult to get AMD processors here! Everybody is over-hyped about Intel!

First I had to get over the seemingly endless moron who don't know the difference between a socket 939 and AM2 (I'd ask for socket 939 chip and they'd offer the AM2 chips). I finally found one socket 939 AMD dual-core processor, but it's near top of the line of the X2 series, costing 1200 Dhs, which is approx $330 USD. Dang it, I need a sexy new CPU! So I'll have to wait a little till prices drop or I have the money.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #100 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 08:07:16 AM »
hahahaha....

This reminds me of my first trip back. Yes the middle east is really crazy about Intel.

But how come you are upgrading dudey? I think you'll see a far bigger jump if you up your vid card. There are some new ones coming out for DX10 at very low rates.

Anyway AMD have been so much better than Intel that I was extremely frustrated when I came back. However when I heard about the Core Duo 2 I got really excited as it meant I could get top of the line locally... for once.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #101 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 03:39:41 PM »
Right now the bottle-neck of my system is the CPU. My Radeon X1650 will be able to hold me for a while too. I would have gone for an Intel chip but I love my mobo, and it's a socket 939, so it can only take AMD processors.

Besides I'm not planning on upgrading too much.. The only thing I can really upgrade on this system is the CPU, since the board is AGP and I currently have the best AGP card around. I'll build a new system eventually (maybe in a couple of years), but the problem is finding a decent mobo out here. I may have to order it online, but I know what I want.

Coming back to Dark Messiah, I just found a GeForce 8800 and DM is the bundled software :P

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #102 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 03:49:44 PM »
Coming back to Dark Messiah, I just found a GeForce 8800 and DM is the bundled software :P
You make it sound like you have one of those cards just lying around somewhere in your house! :P

I wish I had one of those just lying around in a box, and was like "Oh, I got this lying around?"

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #103 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 04:05:52 PM »
HAhaha I wish :P Oddly enough I did find it lying around in a store here, it was one of those tiny back-alley computer stores (the only ones worth going to for decent equipment really). The major stores here don't stock components (i.e. Futureshop, Best Buy, etc.). You have to dig around between these little shops if you're building a system.

I'm working on freeing some much needed drive space.. That way I'll be able to install Dawn of War fully!

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #104 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 10:56:22 PM »
Yea my that's how I got my Dark Messiah.

Anyway man what processor are you looking for? They still have them here, you can buy it through me.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 03:38:41 AM »
Yea my that's how I got my Dark Messiah.

Anyway man what processor are you looking for? They still have them here, you can buy it through me.
That might be a sexy idea.. I'm considering the Athlon64 X2 Dual-Core 4800+ (it should be around $200 USD).

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 04:28:53 AM »
I was considering the 4800 before deciding on going intel. But it was $320 US 6 months ago. If I had found it for that much I would have gone for it hehe.

edit:

Just checked online, it is between $280 and $350 depending on where you look. Plus shipping of course.

For $160-180 you can get the Athlon 64 3800 X2.

Even the X2 4200 is $225.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 06:01:26 AM »
Dang, I must've misread something! I'll do a bit more research before I make any final decisions :P

Anyway I've been perusing Newegg.com just to see what's on the market.

This is my current processor: Athlon 64 3700+

They have the Athlon 64 X2 4800+ for $248, in a retail package. And the Athlon 64 X2 4200+ is at $200. I don't really care about the retail packaging, so OEM are cool, and they're usually a lot cheaper.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 06:57:25 AM »
Yea definitely OEM is fine in most cases though in video cards they are sometimes castrated a bit.

Anyway you have to keep in mind that there is usually a 15% tax on that and shipping. :P

Still $250 is good. Yes that is a fantastic processor. I will see if I can find it for you here ok bro?

I can also ask a friend who is a seller. You can Western Union him the payment and stuff. But the best thing of course would be to find it locally because of warranty of course.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 11:13:13 AM »
Yea definitely OEM is fine in most cases though in video cards they are sometimes castrated a bit.

Anyway you have to keep in mind that there is usually a 15% tax on that and shipping. :P

Still $250 is good. Yes that is a fantastic processor. I will see if I can find it for you here ok bro?

I can also ask a friend who is a seller. You can Western Union him the payment and stuff. But the best thing of course would be to find it locally because of warranty of course.
I'm gonna poke around here some more, and I'll let you know if I've found it or not. Thanks though :)

I freed up some space by uninstalling Phantasy Star Universe (I've pretty much milked it now :P), that freed up a good 5 GB. I'll see if I can borrow DM from my cousin (I'm saving my money for Jade Empire and a couple of other titles ;)).

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2007, 11:53:45 PM »
Just checked my email and it looks like the GoGamer.com 48 hour madness sale has Dark Messiah for $15.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #111 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 02:54:25 PM »
Just checked my email and it looks like the GoGamer.com 48 hour madness sale has Dark Messiah for $15.

An Import, I should note.

It says there "Out of Stock", right now.
Hope you ordered it (if you decided to) before it went "Out of Stock."