Author Topic: Street Fighter 4 - Update: Ultra SF4 announced; USF4 PC will use ONLY Steamworks  (Read 77261 times)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Street Fighter 4 -- Update: 9.0 from GameSpot
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 05:04:24 PM »
Nice controller.
Does that work on the PC?
The USB edition is for PC/Mac originally.

Out of curiosity I plugged my Cordless Rumblepad 2 into the PS3 and son'o'my bitch it worked!! It bound all the buttons properly too!

So, to all those people who bitched about the PS3 controller being rechargable as opposed to battery-operated, Sony put up a shutup. I prefer the d-pad on my Logitech anyway! I am one step closer to gamepad awesomeness.

One more reason to love the mighty PS3.

I'm curious if any of the older generation USB pads will work too.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 05:17:04 PM »
You didn't know it worked? I thought it was common knowledge. :P :P

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 05:40:20 PM »
Do you even read threads before you post in them?

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 07:18:22 PM »
No.. Well, it was 4 a.m. here when I posted! I haven't slept and I was amazed! Plus y'all should know by now I'm easily amused!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 07:40:19 PM »
Do you even read threads before you post in them?

X pulled a MyD.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #125 on: Sunday, March 01, 2009, 01:25:36 AM »
Hang on.. I'm wide awake now.. I just went through the whole thread and there's no mention of Logitech PC controllers working on the PS3. I mentioned that the Saturn USB pad works on the PS3, which is what got me to plug in my Logitech.

I already knew that USB mice and keyboards work no problem, just not in games (except UT3).

Anyway, back to SF4. I just unlocked Gouken finally. I also played my first few online matches! It was laggy as heck, and I can never find any decent connections but it was still awesome.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, March 01, 2009, 03:37:26 AM »
Haha sorry X, that was totally my bad.  I thought I was replying directly to MyD's earlier question about whether or not the controller worked on PC, despite the giant "PC" on the picture and numerous mentions of it being a PC pad.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, March 01, 2009, 04:00:17 AM »
Haha sorry X, that was totally my bad.  I thought I was replying directly to MyD's earlier question about whether or not the controller worked on PC, despite the giant "PC" on the picture and numerous mentions of it being a PC pad.
Hahaha no worries :P Totally had me doubting myself! hehe

I think for the PS3 the best option will probably be the SF4 FightsPad. According to several Asia shopping sites the pads should be around here (Middle East) some time this month.

Que, have you tested any other USB peripherals with the PS3?

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, March 01, 2009, 05:59:53 AM »

So MyD pulled a MyD then....
*slaps self upside the forehead*
I see that now, in the lower-left hand corner of the pic...

The controller reminds me a lot of the old Sega Genesis 6-button controller, which I thought was great for old classic Genesis games that had that kind of set-up -- i.e. Street Fighter 2 and MK games.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, March 01, 2009, 06:37:50 AM »
So MyD pulled a MyD then....
*slaps self upside the forehead*
I see that now, in the lower-left hand corner of the pic...

The controller reminds me a lot of the old Sega Genesis 6-button controller, which I thought was great for old classic Genesis games that had that kind of set-up -- i.e. Street Fighter 2 and MK games.
Ha! In yo' face MyDsicle! :P

Yeah, it's based on it. That is actually the Japanese style of the Staurn pad which was later adopted to the US 2nd edition Saturn. The original US Saturn pad is the one I prefer though mainly becaause its d-pad is smooth and doesn't get your thumb all raw. As a Street Fighter player it's a critical distinction.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, March 01, 2009, 11:03:22 AM »
Que, have you tested any other USB peripherals with the PS3?

You know, I really haven't.  Thus far I just haven't had any reason to.

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #131 on: Monday, March 02, 2009, 06:29:24 PM »
sf4 training manual now available for download - this is the thing they sent out with review copies.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2009/02/27/sfiv_training_manual

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #132 on: Monday, March 02, 2009, 06:30:16 PM »
Got my stick today.  Some comparison shots:

All of my sticks

(click to show/hide)

Top Down

(click to show/hide)

The flap that will inevitably break

(click to show/hide)

Hand on the stick, for a point of reference

(click to show/hide)

All in all I like the stick.  Very solid, heavy, and will probably stand up to a lot of use.  Worth 150?  I don't know.  I don't think you could put something comparable together for much cheaper. 

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #133 on: Monday, March 02, 2009, 06:41:22 PM »
Oooh the SF FightStick is the sexiest by far! Dude, you have massive hands! haha Of course I could be misinterpreting the scale :D

I haven't got the FightPad yet but I've been checking out some YouTube videos and reviews of it. It's a lot bigger than I thought it would be! In the pictures it looks like it's about the size of a Saturn pad but in the vids it's clearly a lot bigger! One guy compared it with the X360 pad and it's about the same height but wider. I think it's close to the original Xbox pad. Still I'm sure it'll be awesome.

Here are a couple of reference shots I found:
(click to show/hide)

Here's a comparison with the X360, PS3, and the Sega Saturn pad for PS2:
(click to show/hide)

EDIT:
I like your spiler tag idea K-MaN ;D It'll help the 56kers :P

EDIT2:
There is one minor thing about the SF4 FightPad that I don't like, which the original FightPad did right. The two buttons they brought to the front are R1 and R2 (or RB and RT for X360). Which means that they moved the L2 (LT) button over to the right. Kinda doesn't make sense.

The original FighPad had moved L1 and R1 to the front keeping L2 and R2 in their respective shoulder positions. Sorta like the USB Saturn pad (except it shifted the L2 and R2 buttons).

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, March 04, 2009, 01:00:20 PM »
I just noticed something that's kinda odd.. In Arcade mode, each character is not set to their own location.. The location comes up randomly. It's not a major problem or anything but it would make more sense if each location was dependant on who you were fighting against.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #135 on: Wednesday, March 04, 2009, 02:15:23 PM »
Yeah, no one has a true "location" except Seth

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #137 on: Wednesday, March 04, 2009, 03:40:37 PM »
That kinda sucks about the locations becasue it also affects the music. I like to hear each character's theme playing when I enter their zone. It only happens with the Rivals so far.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's pissed off about the unavoidable grabs.

Anyway, I found an easy way to beat Seth! Play Arcade with 1 round matches. Since I always kick his ass in the first round but get my ass handed to me in the second and third, it's no problem if the whole match is just one round.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #138 on: Thursday, March 05, 2009, 03:12:33 AM »
Nah. If you play a 1 round match, then he plays as if he is playing the second round. He does all his mad moves.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #139 on: Thursday, March 05, 2009, 03:18:21 AM »
Nah. If you play a 1 round match, then he plays as if he is playing the second round. He does all his mad moves.

I haven't noticed so far. I've been able to finsih the game on Medium with no continues once I set it to 1 round.

I'm getting a better handle on charge-move character like Guile and Chun-Li. I can now pull of some decent combos. Guile's super and ultra combos are a little quirky though.

Online play is a lot of fun! I wish I was getting better latency but it's still playable. It's amusing to kick ass in Street Fighter internationally :D I have had my ass kicked too, which is part of the fun. It's too bad that there are no rematches on Ranked matches though.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #140 on: Thursday, March 05, 2009, 03:28:52 AM »
Yea in the first round he doesn't do any of his special uppercuts, or that "BECOME A PART OF ME" ultra move, or the Zengief powerbomb grapples... He does those in the second round once you beat him once.

But if you set it to one round, he does all those moves right off the starting mark.

Sometimes you get lucky.

The first time I played Seth at Medium, I kicked his ass in two rounds with Ryu. Then the next three characters I tried, I beat him within 30 minutes each time.

But then I ran into hell with some of the characters. So frustrating.

Yea, latency sucks massively. My problem is that my account is set in Canada, so I keep facing North American players and my ping sucks.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #141 on: Thursday, March 05, 2009, 03:46:56 AM »
Create a new account in the Asia or Europe region. On PS3 I have 3 active accounts (one for NA, one for Asia, and one for Europe). My Asia accoutn is my main one, the others are just in case and to access their respective stores.

It's so frickin' retarded how everything is restricted by location and you can't change your location! Suppose you move!

Oh I also discovered that the STreet Fighter IV save file is the only one that cannot be duplicated or backed up. That sucks royally. Suppose something happens to the PS3 or I get a new HD! It sucks that it won't let me back it up at all! The least they can do to compensate is make it so I can store my saves online and access them on my account from anywhere!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Street Fighter 4 -- Update: PC release date will be revealed on May 1st
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 07:42:46 AM »
How times have changed. Now there is an announcement announcing an announcement.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 12:34:32 PM »
How times have changed. Now there is an announcement announcing an announcement.
I know haha WTF?!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 01:34:23 PM »
You'd figure they'd just announce the damn release date,,,,

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
Re: Street Fighter 4 -- Update: SF4 PC will use G4WL for MP (Reply 146)
« Reply #147 on: Friday, May 01, 2009, 10:05:16 PM »
so, I picked it up today. I'm really digging it. It seems really freaking hard though. Seth, is a bastard!!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #148 on: Friday, May 15, 2009, 02:30:33 PM »
SF4 PC Version requirements revealed

Street Fighter IV PC System Requirements Revealed
May 15, 2009 at 12:54 PM - Andrew Burnes - 6 Comments
Capcom sent over the minimum and recommended system requirements for the forthcoming Street Fighter IV PC release:

Minimum:
    CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.0GHz or higher
    RAM: 1GB or higher
    HDD: 10GB of free space or more
    Video Card: DirectX 9.0c/Shader3.0 or higher compatible: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series or higher; ATI Radeon X1600 with 256MB or higher VRAM
    Sound: DirectSound compatible, DirectX 9.0c (or higher) compatible
    Input Devices: Mouse, Keyboard

Maximum:
    CPU: Intel Core2Duo 2.0GHz or higher
    RAM: 2GB or higher
    HDD: 10GB of free space or more
    Video Card: DirectX 9.0c/Shader3.0 or higher compatible: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 series or higher; ATI Radeon X1900 or higher, with 512MB or higher VRAM
    Sound: DirectSound compatible, DirectX 9.0c (or higher) compatible
    Input Devices: Gamepad (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #149 on: Wednesday, July 01, 2009, 04:14:13 PM »
PC version comes out soon, and I found some interesting new.

I'll keep this short and sweet: SecuROM continues to be a long term partner of ours. That's not going to change. I've said it before and I'll say it again. As a technology, SecuROM is great. It's how some of our competitors have opted to apply that technology and communicate it that has been ill advised. We've always been less restrictive (more concurrent installs, revokes automatically upon uninstall, revoke tool always available, no phone homes after initial activation). We've raised the install limit on Flock (which you called out) to 100 on Steam. Why would anyone need more than 100 concurrent installs?

For SFIV PC:

The retail DRM will be disc-based SecuROM (not network authenticated this time). It will require you to have the disc in the tray to play.

Digitally, the DRM will vary from portal to portal. If you don't want SecuROM's network authentication mechanisms, Steam will use its own DRM, Impulse will use it's GOO DRM. Direct2Drive, Metaboli, Gametap, GamersGate, Capcom's Estore, Nvidia.com will all be using SecuROM's network authentication.

In this particular case, you the consumer can decide what you prefer and purchase accordingly.
So SF4 will use GOO on Impulse. Pretty awesome. Now if we could get them to rerelease Age of Booty with it...

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, July 01, 2009, 04:58:33 PM »
For SFIV PC:

The retail DRM will be disc-based SecuROM (not network authenticated this time). It will require you to have the disc in the tray to play.
Great!

Digitally, the DRM will vary from portal to portal. If you don't want SecuROM's network authentication mechanisms, Steam will use its own DRM, Impulse will use it's GOO DRM.
Great!

Direct2Drive, Metaboli, Gametap, GamersGate, Capcom's Estore, Nvidia.com will all be using SecuROM's network authentication.
No thanks.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, July 01, 2009, 05:03:31 PM »
Huh, I didnt catch that the first time I read it. If the retail copies are just the disc check like Fallout 3 had, then I'm ok with that.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, July 01, 2009, 05:08:59 PM »
Huh, I didnt catch that the first time I read it. If the retail copies are just the disc check like Fallout 3 had, then I'm ok with that.
I really don't want to DL 10 GB or so of stuff here at full-price costs.
That'll take a good deal of time to DL.

I'd rather have stuff of that size or bigger on disc.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, July 01, 2009, 06:58:23 PM »
Yeah, if it's just a disc check I might even consider picking it up.  But now that BlazBlue is out, probably not.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #154 on: Thursday, July 02, 2009, 01:26:02 AM »
I hate disc checks. I'd rather have one time online activations. They are far more convenient.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #155 on: Sunday, July 19, 2009, 06:42:00 AM »
SF4 PC Review from Gamespot
9.0 from GameSpot

Offline and Online with GFWL
Street Fighter IV supports both online and offline multiplayer modes, though cross-platform play with consoles is not available. In offline play, you'll be able to go head-to-head with a second player using your unlocked characters. Online is handled through the Games For Windows LIVE service and registers and runs without a hitch. For matches you'll be given the choice between friendly player matches, ranked games, or Championship mode. Winning ranked matches awards you battle points, which are used to both show off your prowess and help with the matchmaking process. Patched in after the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Street Fighter IV shipped (and also available on those platforms), Championship mode adds online play with a tournament-style knockout system. The ranking system means you'll only fight against players of roughly the same skill level as you accrue points and progress through a mock round system on the way to a final showdown.

If you're after the true arcade experience, you can toggle online competitive challenge mode on and off to work with single-player. Just as you would expect in an arcade, if you're battling the CPU and someone issues a challenge, your game will pause and you'll automatically accept the invitation. Once the game has finished and you leave the multiplayer lobby, you'll restart your offline game where you were. You can set it to Player, Ranked or Championship matches as per your preference.

We played online against opponents with both strong and weak connections, and even at slightly less than full connection strength, you'll receive an offline-like, seamless fighting experience. Poorer connections are more akin to a slide show, although we did manage to find games with supposedly poor connections that played quite well.

Performance & Graphics
The PC version of SFIV manages to ratchet up the already-gorgeous visuals a couple of notches over its console counterparts by offering resolutions up to 1920x1200, as well as selectable shader and antialiasing options to suit your PC's capabilities. Three new "extra touch" visuals--ink, watercolour, and posterization--add visual effects to your character and the environment. This includes the ability to add thicker borders, though it's purely cosmetic and doesn't alter gameplay. These settings aside, the visuals are almost indistinguishable from those on the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3, and the frame rate is solid even during the most frenetic battles.

Controls
Unsurprisingly, the PC game includes support for Microsoft's Xbox 360 controllers and handles identically to its console brethren. The analog sticks are easy to use for performing ultra moves, though the Microsoft controller's D pad leaves plenty to be desired. Keyboard play or a mixture of keyboard and pad are supported, and while serviceable in a pinch, it's certainly not our preference for serious play. Button layouts for pad and keyboard can both be mapped to your tastes. Your best bet, of course, is to invest in a good arcade stick or one of the controllers designed specifically for this game. While not available in all territories, bundles with gamepads and a copy of the game are available from many retailers.

Offline PyroMenace

Re: Street Fighter 4 -- Update: 9.0 from Gamespot for SF4 PC (Reply 155)
« Reply #156 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 05:04:05 PM »

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #157 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 05:09:38 PM »
Still $70 in Canada.  Still waiting for a price drop.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #158 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 06:07:22 PM »
Gamestop has new 360 copies for 20$, just ordered one.

Good deal, for 360 owners.
I wonder when PC will drop to that kind of price -- or if it'll get that kind of sale.

I think SF4 -- given the amount of 360 owners -- would've really benefited from PC/360 X-Platform Play.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #159 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 07:35:48 PM »
PS3 is $20 as well, but you'll have to head to a store to get it.  That's... tempting enough.