Author Topic: Machine Games releases a new Quake 1 episode  (Read 1603 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Machine Games releases a new Quake 1 episode
« on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 02:43:29 PM »
On Twitter.

Download the file, its only 5MB. In your Quake directory (everyone already has one of these, right?) make a new folder called dopa, then make a shortcut to Quake.exe (or your source port of choice) so it reads C:\Quake\Quake.exe -game dopa
« Last Edit: Friday, June 24, 2016, 04:19:54 PM by idolminds »

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
Re: Machine Games releases a new Quake 1 episode
« Reply #1 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 03:35:56 PM »
Looks like you types doma when it should be dopa.

I wonder what dopa means anyway. Is that an acronym for something? Maybe this is hoping for too much, but i really hope this means Machine Games are working on a new single player Quake. Or someone. As cool as a Quake MP revival could be with Quake Champions, I'm far more interested in another single player Quake modeled after the style of Quake 1.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 04:21:27 PM »
Thanks, fixed. Dunno why I messed that up.

And I dont know why its named that. The files themselves don't say anything. Cmon guys, gotta include a readme.txt with the compile time and background story if you want to be authentic!

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 04:56:29 PM »
Yeah I checked for a readme, hoping for a name and story info, but there's nothing there, just the files you need to run it.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 04:55:35 PM »
I'm really excited to try this. I'm not against a Quake single player game, but also not overly interested in it. I love the aesthetic, but even though I'm a huge fan, there wasn't really anything all that special about that game. Parts of it were even quite bad. The multiplayer is what made it the thing that it is, and it's great engine and fantastic style. But I'd definitely rather see a new single player campaign in that style rather than in that of Quake 2. All that Strogg stuff is really done for me.

But yeah, excited to try this. Downloaded it the other day and still haven't gotten around to setting up a source port.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野