Author Topic: Blade Kitten  (Read 1488 times)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Blade Kitten
« on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 07:18:59 AM »
I've checked out the demo on Steam and I really enjoyed it. So much I went ahead and bought the game.

It's great little platformer. If you like Metroid and Castlevania it's along the same lines in terms of gameplay. Regarding presentation and story, it is whacky! hehe So far I'm enjoying it. Plus it has a feline female lead character.. Something about catlike women always draws me in.

It's about ~700MB download, you can get the demo over Steam here. It is also available on XBLive Arcade and the PSN Store.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: Blade Kitten
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 08:48:58 AM »
Oh, I saw that and ignored it, trying out Guardians of Light and the DeathSpank sequel instead.  I'll have to give it a shot.  Thanks.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 08:56:04 AM »
Hmmm, the PC demo isn't that large (and apparently doesn't require Steam since I found a download link on GamersHell). I'll have to try it out.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 09:34:00 AM »
Oh, well awesome. It's right here. Only 238MB ;D

I thought the game was a Steam-exclusive since it had the Steam logo on the official site (listed platforms "XBLive" "PSN" and "Steam").. But apparently it is available as a digital download directly from Atari, non-Steam.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 10:09:27 AM »
This is really impressive, aside from maybe the voice work.  (It's not too bad.  I just hate the lame attempt at cool-speak.)  Good, inventive mechanics and eye-popping fluid graphics.  Spent a half hour on the demo, trying to find every nook and cranny filled with loot.  (There are lots of them.)

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 12:14:15 PM »
I was really turned off by main character (but then I'm not a furry, I guess to each his own), and the controls felt really floaty (on Xbox). It seems like it's got some nice ideas, with the climbing around and stuff, but the floatyness bothered me enough to not want to play anything more than what the demo offered.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 12:15:46 PM »
I tried the PS3 demo for this yesterday and it was pretty fun, might have to get it at some point.