Author Topic: Demigod Thread  (Read 13330 times)

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
Re: Demigod Thread: Demo now available!
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, December 26, 2009, 07:45:41 PM »
Are you guys still playing this? I grabbed the demo and enjoyed it, I'm thinking of buying it.

$30 seems like a bit much, though. Does anyone still have a 50% off coupon that they aren't going to use?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, December 26, 2009, 09:35:07 PM »
Sorry man, I think they all expired.  My last one died Nov. 1st.  It's a good game, though, definitely worth picking up.  I haven't played in quite a while, but I've been itching to play some again.  We had a total blast with it.  I think some places have been selling it cheaper than $30.  I think it was even spotted at Target not too long ago.  Check around.

EDIT - Amazon has used copies starting at 8 bucks, and a shitload of new ones for $10.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 04:55:59 PM »
The second free demigod, Oculus, has been released. There are some funny instructions to access it, though.
Demigod v1.20 (1.20.147 on Impulse)
--------------------------------

- Add Oculus for FREE to your Demigod account by entering your email address at https://store.stardock.com/product.aspx?productid=ESD-SDE-W005. You will need to logon to Multiplayer in-game after adding to your account to be able to access in single and multi-player modes.
- Oculus: Blast Off range now increases from 15 flat to 15/16/18/20.
- Oculus: Brain Storm clears negative effects.
- Oculus: Ball Lightning health increased from 600/650/700/750 to 600/765/930/1095.
- Fixes for Russian voice localizations.
Some people are asking why its not just added as a regular update, but its pretty obvious. They are testing the system for selling demigods. This one just happens to be free, but you go through the steps anyway.

Anyway, its cool. Can't wait to check him out.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 05:09:31 PM »
If it's free, it's for me! :)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #124 on: Thursday, February 04, 2010, 03:35:35 PM »
Demigod Owners - you probably got this e-mail, too.

I got an e-mail from Stardock that has a promo code for 75% off a digital download of Demigod for any friend.

That'll make the game AFTER the coupon cost $7.49.

(It's $29.99 for digital download BEFORE the coupon.)

So, anyone want it?

EDIT:
Coupon is good until Feb. 18th.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #125 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 03:50:18 PM »
DemiGod Owners...
You likely received another 75% percent off coupon from Stardock to give to a friend.

Anybody want a 75% off coupon for a Demigod DL from Impulse?
Let me know.

It's good until April 8th.

Reg. price = $19.95.
After 75% coupon = $4.99.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 26, 2010, 04:32:05 PM by MysterD »

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #126 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 09:42:54 AM »
Awesome news!

Greetings!

GPG has submitted to us version 1.3 of Demigod for testing. It addresses a whole bunch of outstanding issues that have been reported.

GPG has intimated to us that v1.3 is the beginning of a new series of free updates to Demigod.  I will have more details next week as it goes through QA.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Demigod Thread
« Reply #127 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 01:02:30 PM »
Haha sweet :D I just bought it too! I went for the $10 special they have going on.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #128 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 01:39:43 PM »
Man, I haven't played Demigod in a while. And when I did play it, I couldn't stop playing it. It was just a blast - a RTS/RPG hybrid.

We need more Demigod content. Get going on that, GPG! :)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, June 08, 2010, 09:43:33 AM »
1.30 released
Gas Powered Games and Stardock Entertainment have released version 1.30 of Demigod today. Available now for all registered customers via the Impulse client, this new update includes bug fixes and gameplay improvements. Changes include:

* Abilities while moving fix: Demigod movement has been re-architected to resume attacking previous targets after using abilities. This fixes multiple problems with triggering Demigod abilities while moving.The following exceptions and modifications are by design:
    * Direct targeted abilities, where it makes sense, will cause the Demigod to switch targets (like Warp Strike and Pounce). This will also set the old target variable so if they use a further ability they will go back to attacking their new target.
    * Escape abilities (like Warp Scroll and Bat Swarm) will not re-engage the old target and will actually clear the old target so using another ability will not cause you to re-engage.
    * Giving a move order will clear your old target. So, giving a move order and then casting Warp Area will cause DA to attack whatever he ends up closest to.
    * Fix for ranged units stopping short when ordered to attack structures.
    * Fix for summoned minions not starting at max health when the player has +minion health items.
    * Fix for Oculus' Ball Lightning spawning in invalid locations.
    * Unclean Beast's Plague ability will no longer overwrite Post Mortem.
    * Wings of the Seraphim will no longer be removed when healed.
    * Heart of Life effects will no longer be removed when healed.
    * Fix for obscure Russian-translated map domination crash. Thank you, Ptarth, for helping to point the way on that.
    * Achievement and Single Player tournament screen Demigod lists now have scrollbars.
    * Oculus’ Ball Lightning will now benefit from standard minion HitPoint Buffs.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, June 08, 2010, 01:47:17 PM »
Sweet, Idol.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2010, 10:19:43 AM »
Sequel?

Gas Powered Games head Chris Taylor has made first mention of a sequel to PC action-RTS Demigod, speaking at gamescom last week.

“We made an investment in that game and we spent a lot of money on it. Now, some things have happened since that; we’ve got a lot of interest in a sequel to Demigod,” said Taylor, speaking to Gamers.fr.

“Maybe the kids will go to college if we do a really good job on the sequel, and we can make some of the money back that we invested in the core game and the core IP.”

Then there was this stupid thing, I think from the other french web site.
Demigod, developed by GPG and published by Stardock, was a textbook example of what can happen if you don’t have adequate anti-piracy measures in place for a PC launch.

In its first week on sale, the game was played by more than 120,000 people online and only bought 18,000 times.
Yeah, as if this isn't a problem with games with DRM on them. Give me a break.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2010, 01:32:44 PM »
I think I'm among the vast minority of people who bought it but never played online.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2010, 01:44:55 PM »
You probably arent a minority at all. Most games, even multiplayer focused ones, has a majority of people never taking it online.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2010, 01:50:12 PM »
Demigod 2 sounds good to me. :)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2011, 09:59:49 PM »