Author Topic: You know what the DSi needs?  (Read 1524 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
You know what the DSi needs?
« on: Monday, June 01, 2009, 11:03:56 PM »

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: You know what the DSi needs?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, June 02, 2009, 10:26:34 AM »
Oh, silly me.  I was thinking 1 less camera, a gba slot, and DSi-ware worth paying for.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, June 02, 2009, 11:49:45 AM »
I was going to post exactly that earlier, then ended up not doing it for some reason.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, June 02, 2009, 05:20:14 PM »
high five!

In related news, word is that eventually DSI only games will be all the rage because they can take advantage of the improved memory and faster cpu.  Kind of sounds like bullshit, but if true fuck Nintendo.  They won't do that for years and by that time they best have the DS2 on the way...with texture smoothing and shit.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, June 02, 2009, 08:25:55 PM »
I'm generally disappointed with Nintendo lately.  I've never had this long a period with absolutely nothing that I really want to get from them.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 29, 2009, 01:33:16 PM »
So, nintendo announced a new DS today.  The DSI LL (or XL in Europe).  Two 4-inch screens and about the size of a small netbook.

Oh, and still no GBA slot.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 29, 2009, 02:21:00 PM »
If I still buy a DSi, I'd probably get this one. I find myself holding my DS close to my face, so larger screens means I'd do less of that.

That said...its a strange move to make yet another model.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 29, 2009, 03:07:56 PM »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, October 29, 2009, 06:12:51 PM »
... cow ...

QFT.

I'm still pissed the last model even got made.  This is just a fucking insult as far as I'm concerned.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 29, 2009, 06:20:22 PM »
I haven't bought a portable Nintendo system since my GBA SP, because I finally broke down and got one, and not too long after they announced the DS. By the time I was considering one, they released the DS Lite, and by the time I seriously considered that, they had the DSi. Nintendo isn't leaving any of their systems out long enough for me to NOT feel like I'm either behind on hardware iterations, or just being reamed. So I just don't play portable games anymore, because the PSP has seena lmost as many iterations.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, October 29, 2009, 08:36:28 PM »
I bought a DS Lite just after last Xmas, the last (and only portable) I had before that being the GBA...which didn't really get all that much use (no backlight....kind of a pain to use in a lot of situations). Sure, the DSi was announced  a few months later, but I have no regrets. What the fuck do I need (not one but) two cameras on my portable for?  The GBA slot is far better in my mind and I haven't seen one game come out for DSi ware to make me wish I had one.

Now, two-three years down the road, when DSi only games start coming out, I might be pissed....but a month after the first one hits the DS2 will be out anyways.