Author Topic: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption  (Read 902 times)

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
« on: Thursday, August 23, 2007, 01:16:12 PM »
IGN has an non-spoiler article up with an overview of the first few hours of the game.  It all looks positive

http://wii.ign.com/articles/814/814436p1.html

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
Re: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, August 23, 2007, 01:29:10 PM »
And Nintendo finally has a launch site

http://wii.nintendo.com/site/metroidprime3/index.jsp

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, August 23, 2007, 03:04:25 PM »
No Wii.  Must... not... want...

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, August 23, 2007, 04:08:59 PM »
I think I mentioned in the Bioshock thread that this is pretty much the only game I've felt I needed for a good while, but that's mostly because it's Metroid. As such, I know I want it and, aside from stupidly watching an E3 trailer that showed me too much, I refuse to read anything more on the subject because total surprise on the littlest things, even mechanics, are worth their weight in gold right now.

Sadly, with my current schedule I probably won't really be able to play until the weekend after its release unless I spend a couple nights not sleeping very much. That'd probably be a bad idea with this lingering cold I have, but I rarely make healthy decisions when Metroid is involved.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, August 23, 2007, 05:47:43 PM »
Do any of us?  I think once I get BioShock mostly out of my system and realize that instead of buying a new video card I could get a Wii and MP3... arg.  Must finish Prime 2 first!

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, August 23, 2007, 08:30:47 PM »
Yeah, I'm fighting to get Prime 2 finished before Tuesday.  I'll be cutting it pretty close I'm afraid.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, November 08, 2009, 09:59:49 AM »
So let me give you the run down on this game.

This and Bioshock released within a few weeks of each other.  I was basically talked into buying Bioshock by the guys at the game store.  I bit, took it home, and played the first little bit.  Even the biggest Bioshock fan must admit it takes a little bit to get going.  I wasn't impressed right away and decided I'd much rather have the money toward Metroid Prime 3.  So I sold my copy of Bioshock to Pyro at a small discount and used the money for Metroid Prime 3 day one.  I promptly play about an hour or so into the game, get distracted by something else (can't remember what) and do not touch it with any significance until 2 days ago (spurned only by Pyro's posting of the Game Crazy deal on the Trilogy collection and buying the game a second time).  Between the time I bought  MP3 and now I bought Bioshock on clearance at Target and blew through it in a weekend.

There's so much epic fail in that paragraph.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, November 08, 2009, 11:17:41 AM »
Haha, it's pretty funny though, because it happens to everybody.  I picked up MP3, played through about half of it, then stopped for reasons unknown.  I still really want to go back and finish (and I will), but just waiting for the right time.  Most likely that'll end up being when Other M is close to launch.