Author Topic: Weird story  (Read 1823 times)

Offline shock

• Poster Child
Weird story
« on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 09:26:18 PM »
 http://www.denverpost.com/economy/ci_5919266

The kids went to my high school.  I knew the kid that died through acquaintances.  The weirdest thing, though, is that I was really good friends with the kid who was driving the car.  We hung out quite a bit.

Who knows what is going to happen to him.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
Re: Weird story
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 09:44:29 PM »
Sad story, its a shame the kid wasn't wearing his helmet, it sounds like it would have saved his life. My mom used to take me around the icu that she heads at the hospital and show me the head trauma from patients not wearing a helmet- very nasty stuff.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 10:17:20 PM »
I'm not sure where the "helmet generation" starts, but I'm almost 23 and we never wore helmets for anything. It sucks when a classmates dies though, I've only had 2 die that I went to school with, luckily I didn't know either one. One died from complications during brain surgery and the other was killed while my friend was drunk driving ( the kid wasn't wearing his seatbelt and flew out the window and was smashed between the car and a tree.

The second incident had the most effect on me, I never knew the kid that died but I knew the driver. The whole thing literally split the school in half.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 05:57:49 AM »
Wow, tragic story.  That's too bad.

Thursday was the last day of classes for seniors. Heritage breaks for summer vacation for the rest of the student body on Tuesday.

"No one is going to remember this as our last day," Gastl said. "They are going to remember it as the day Johnnie died."
High school students are funny.  They think high school is this massively important part of their lives and each day has its own memory.  I thought so too at the time.

Little does this "Gastl" know that even if this person did not die, he probably just wouldn't remember the last day of high school at all.

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 06:07:27 AM »
I don't even remember my last day of high school and I graduated a year ago.  Haha.

And I came to this conclusion like.. last night: I really don't enjoy being around about 95% of my high school friends. Save for a few guys, I'd be happy if I never saw them again.  Haha.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 06:10:42 AM »
I haven't seen a single one of my high school friends in years.  Like five years.  Maybe more.

I just didn't have a strong connection with any of them.  I mean I had my fun and whatnot, but looking back none of them were really true friends.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 06:45:58 AM »
I had a few friends in high school that I still maintain relationships with, but I never actually went to high school with any of them.

Sad story.  I never wore a helmet for anything, either, and I used to do crazy stunts on my bike going down the big hill outside my mom's house.  Nearly clobbered myself into oblivion a bunch of times, but I guess kids never learn.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 06:52:41 AM »
I had a few friends in high school that I still maintain relationships with, but I never actually went to high school with any of them.
Oh yeah, almost all my friends now were people I met in high school.  I just didn't go to high school with any of them.

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 10:59:48 AM »
"It's just so sad," said Rusty Nail, 50, who lives nearby and drives past the spot often

I hope you don't know this guy too.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 11:18:44 AM »
Rusty Nail is also the name of a bar in Thief River Falls, MN. Kind of infamous in our family....

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 07:33:22 PM »
I was actually going to comment on what a bizarre name that is, but then forgot to.  It made me laugh, which I felt bad doing while reading the article.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野