Author Topic: Apple email  (Read 3227 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Apple email
« on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 09:36:15 PM »
Lets play "Spot the Bullshit!"

(saw this posted on Shacknews)

How to Make Movies on a PC

1. Connect your video capture device. (What's that? A video capture device is what some software companies call your camera.) Your video capture device doesn't magically communicate with your PC. You'll need a compatible cable, compatible video card, compatible display, compatible sound card, compatible pointing device (that's PC for mouse), and compatible memory. If you don't have compatible devices, add external ones and make sure you have compatible cables and connectors for them. Great. On to the next step.
2. Open your movie-making program. Your PC didn't come with a movie-making program? Visit your local technology store or purchase a movie-making program online. The good news is that there are about 1000 third-party movie-making programs to choose from. The bad news is that there are about 1000 third-party movie-making programs to choose from. Once you've installed the program of your choice, you'll want to follow these steps for most movie-making programs.
a) With the proper capture hardware ready, download your footage. To start downloading your footage, go to File and choose Capture. (Keep reading. Mac filmmakers are finished, but your PC movie-making experience still has a way to go. A long way.)

1. Connect your camera.
2. Open iMovie (included in every Mac) and watch your video import automatically.
3. Drag clips, music, and photos into the timeline.
4. Take a bow. Don't forget to thank the Academy.

Hollywood-style movies.
Another great reason to own a Mac.
Learn more

b) Go to the Video Capture Device menu, choose Available Devices, and choose your camera type.
c) In the Enter a File Name for Your Video box, enter a file name for your video. Then, in the Choose a Place to Save Your Video box, choose a place to save your video. If you are unsure where to save it, click Browse, and browse through the hundreds of places you can save your video.
d) If at any moment you need help, use the Device Capture wizard, the Device Connection wizard, the Device Compatibility wizard, or the Device Requirement wizard. If you can't locate the wizard you need, refer to the Help wizard.
e) If you can't access the Help wizard, call tech support, cross your fingers, and hope you get someone who actually works at the company.
3. After your movie-making program has downloaded the footage and created video clips, you can finally start to make your movie. Is your computer running a little slow now? Did you remember to make room on your PC for this massive video project? Yes, of course you have to. You can always reinstall what you remove. Make sure your PC is equipped with a 600-megahertz processor, 128 megabytes of RAM, and 2 gigabytes of space on your hard drive. However, a 1.5-gigahertz processor, 256 megabytes of RAM, and 4 gigabytes of space on your hard drive is recommended. Why didn't we say that in the first place? Well, we like to give you options. Make sure your computer is up to par, and let's move on.
a) Arrange your video clips in the order you'd like them to appear.
b) To trim video clips, open the Clip menu, choose Trim, then click on your footage and edit away.
c) You want music in your movie? You'll have to import that using a different program. Refer to your program documentation.
d) Photos? Now you're pushing it.
e) Add all the effects (available in a separate program), titles, and credits (available in a separate program) you need to complete your movie. Now you're on your way.
4. In order to play the movie you've just created, you may need special software. Refer to your program documentation for ways to play and share your movie.
5. Take a bow. Wasn't that easy?

How to Make Movies on a Mac

1. Connect your camera.
2. Open iMovie (included in every Mac) and watch your video import automatically.
3. Drag clips, music, and photos into the timeline.
4. Take a bow. Don't forget to thank the Academy.

Isnt this fun?

You'll need a compatible cable, [comes with camera] compatible video card [comes with PC], compatible display [you already have a monitor], compatible sound card [already in PC], compatible pointing device (that's PC for mouse) [no shit? Already with PC], and compatible memory [already in PC].

So in reality, step one becomes: Connect your camera. How interesting.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Apple email
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 10:26:43 PM »
That's where they need an intermediary to translate all that lingo into normal English.

Cools

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 12:47:30 PM »
*brushes on his Apple lingo*

USE A MAC DUMB-ASS!

I think that's close enough. :)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 27, 2006, 07:23:03 PM »
Doesn't windows come with movie maker?  I mean, I've never tried it and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't compare to iMovie, but it makes me wonder something.  Why is it that whenever someone writes an article like this, if it's apple or an apple fan (and likewise microsoft or a microsoft fan), they always resort to blatent bullshiting?  Why the fuck are people who aren't either Bill Gates or Steve Jobs always writing these damn articles anyways?  We get it, you love your choice in operating system.  Fantastic.  Sure tell me why you like it, but don't try to convert me.  I'm an adult capable of making my own decisions and when you lie to me to try to get me to buy something you think is better it just makes you look like a fucking idiot.

Anyways, both operating systems (and hardware) have their advantages and disadvantages, why do the marketing machines and fans have to go out there and make shit up?   

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 27, 2006, 10:19:49 PM »
I think it's pretty much the same argument as religion.

Dude #1: "My God is better! Your Gods makes you not eat cows!"
Dude #2: "Well, your God doesn't let you eat pigs! And my Gods are awesome!"
Dude #3: "Shutup! Both your Gods suck! My God can kick both your Gods' asses!"
Random Dude: "God?"

I don't think there's ever a good reason to argue about religion. Religion is a personal thing, it's between the individual and her/his faith. As with Operating Systems, everybody uses whatever works for them. Anyone who tries to force you to use something your not comfortable with is a hypocritical fascist.

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 12:06:16 AM »
I think it's pretty much the same argument as religion.
yes, but you can apply logic and reason to an argument regarding opposing technologies, to do the same with religion would be a futile waste of time.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 12:25:57 AM »
I don't know.  There's an entire sub-class of logical philosophy based around the topic of religion (usually refered to as philosphy of religion) that essentially does just that.  You could argue that this is applying logic and reason in it's purest form.  Then again, i've never really read any of these arguments compairing two different religions.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 10:20:52 AM »
Haha well my point being that arguing religion is essentially pointless, and arguing OS's should only be in relevant topics. I mean you could argue that Mac is better for design and image related stuff or for its stability, and PC is better for programming and code related stuff, or for its compatibility (there's a lot more stuff for PC out there than there is for Mac).

Cools

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 11:56:39 AM »
and PC is better for programming and code related stuff

Not anymore. :P

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 01:29:34 PM »
True.. Times are-a-changin'.. Still PC's are way more customizable than Macs. I think that's the main reason I haven't fully switched to Mac.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 01:33:14 PM »
I havent fully switched to Mac because they are freaking expensive and all the games are for Windows.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 01:34:53 PM »
I havent fully switched to Mac because they are freaking expensive and all the games are for Windows.
Well, that's my secondary reason :P Although the expense is part of the main reason: I can custom build my own PC for way less than a Mac would cost me.