Author Topic: Grandia II: Anniversary Edition -> Update: New patch with lots of features  (Read 2418 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
GameSpot -> Grandia II: HD Edition is coming to GOG + Steam in 2015.

Grandia II HD Edition, a remastered port of the acclaimed Dreamcast title, will be available for PC through GOG.com as well as Steam, publisher GungHo Online Entertainment America has told GameSpot.

The HD Edition will include updates to the game's visuals--shown in the gallery of screenshots below--as well as a Japanese voice acting track, gamepad support, and a new, harder difficulty level.

Originally released for the Dreamcast in 2000 and ported to PlayStation 2 in 2002, Grandia II will be making its debut on PC with this new port. In April, GungHo released a survey polling fans on their interest in PC ports of classic titles by developer GameArts, including titles in the Grandia and Lunar series. In May, after an "overwhelming" response to the survey, the company announced Grandia II would be ported to PC.
« Last Edit: Friday, September 04, 2015, 02:27:17 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Grandia II HD coming to GOG in 2015
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 04:29:50 PM »
[Place-holder]

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Grandia II HD coming to GOG + Steam in 2015
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 08:48:03 PM »
Nice! I loved that game back in the day :D

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 08:00:18 AM »
Nice! I loved that game back in the day :D
I never played it.

Glad to see more JRPG's hitting the PC.
Hell, in general - glad to see more Japanese-made games hit the PC, instead of just being on consoles.

:)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 09:37:55 AM »
I reviewed the PC version for AOG. Quality game, though I'm sure it feels even more dated as fuck now. I loved the battle system, though.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re:
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, August 02, 2015, 09:05:20 PM »
It was already released on PC shortly after the console versions, but anyway pretty cool news.   I have fond memories and may try it out

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 03, 2015, 09:38:44 AM »
Grandia II remains the only JRPG that I ever bothered to finish.  I usually hate them.  This one was alright.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 24, 2015, 02:53:28 PM »

It's officially called Grandia II: Anniversary Edition.

I love how the visual comparison is with the Dreamcast version not the PC version which already exists.

Other than the Hard Mode there's nothing new. I don't really see why anyone who already has Grandia II would pay $20 (or even $15 until 31 Aug 2015) to get the game again.

Oddly enough, according to many complaints on the Steam forums the game is locked at 30 fps. The original PC version was not.

The word is the Anniversary Edition is a port of the Dreamcast version not a re-release of the original PC version. Which is a very strange decision.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 24, 2015, 05:45:10 PM »
About Grandia II Anniversary - like most games, I'll maybe give it a look when it hits a 66-75% off sale on Steam; GOG; Amazon; or whatever & wherever.
I don't own the Grandia II original on PC - so I'll definitely still be interested, once it hits a massive price-cut in a sale.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 24, 2015, 06:11:08 PM »
Anyone still got their Dreamcast saves from years ago somewhere?
Or from using an emulator?

Get 'em onto your PC - they work in the new Anniversary Edition b/c they STILL use the old VMS game-file format.

Destructoid -> Old Grandia II Dreamcast saves (VMS file-format) work on the new Grandia II: Anniversary Edition.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 24, 2015, 06:38:41 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Grandia II: Anniversary Edition -> Update: Now on GOG + Steam
« Reply #10 on: Friday, September 04, 2015, 02:26:34 PM »
Oh, look!

Grandia II Anniversary got a new patch on Steam.
It adds 60FPS battle toggle switch; Shadows On/Off toggle; 4K + Ultra Wide Res' Support; Custom Res' Support; Separate Audio Volume settings; Bug Fixes; etc.