Author Topic: Depth Hunter  (Read 1443 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Depth Hunter
« on: Saturday, February 04, 2012, 10:30:24 PM »
SO PRETTY!

Play an underwater spear fisherman! OK so I tried the demo and I don't really like the spearfishing gameplay part of it. I still don't fully understand the "right" way to reel the fish in, I was just getting pretty close to them and then reeling before the line broke. But it worked and I got to try out some other game modes like the treasure hunting and photo mode, which I liked very much. Why? Because the game is really stupidly pretty. The full game has a free mode that lets you just explore that would be just a great way to zone out and enjoy the sights.

Desura currently has it on sale for the next week or so, $14 instead of the regular $20. I'm really tempted to buy it. Grab the demo and give it a whirl.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Depth Hunter
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 04, 2012, 11:16:03 PM »
That is gorgeous!

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 05, 2012, 09:11:31 AM »
This sucks. I really want to get it because I love underwater exploration stuff, and to hear that it's got some other modes makes me happy... but I just can't spare $14. All my cash is going toward school now.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, February 05, 2012, 09:24:42 AM »
Speaking of pretty hunting games, I heard talk about this one called The Hunter. Its a hunting sim, looks pretty good though.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, February 05, 2012, 09:57:50 AM »
So it's more or less closer to what Endless Ocean should have been. Right?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, February 05, 2012, 10:08:17 AM »
I still need to get Endless Ocean.

Oh yeah Pyro, I remember that. Never got to play it. I need to download the client next time Im at the book store.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 04:08:37 PM »
So the Desura sale dropped even more, so now the game is only $10 for the next few days. I'm pretty tempted now to grab it. The only thing holding me back is not knowing how much more content there really is. It was 25 missions...ok, thats cool, but didn't the demo have 4-5 of them already? 25 would go pretty quick unless they were more elaborate. Also, the demo is 300-ish MB, and the full game is 500-ish. So is it just the one map? Maybe its expanded a little...maybe theres more fish.

I'm just worried that it'll be a slightly larger version of the demo and not anything more substantial. Then again...its so pretty...

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 01:30:16 PM »
EVEN CHEAPER! Desura now has it for $8 for apparently the next 9 hours or so. So tempting...

WTF Is... Depth Hunter

He did mention there are 3 locations in the game so...TEMPTING.