Author Topic: Pulp - Jarvis Cocker  (Read 2545 times)

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
Pulp - Jarvis Cocker
« on: Monday, June 25, 2007, 01:57:11 PM »
While I was out running errands today NPR was doing an interview with a guy named Jarvis Cocker, a member of the band Pulp. I've never heard of the guy before, but what they played reminded me a lot of David Bowie and a other stuff from 60's rock, one of the few areas of "normal" music I really like. There was even a bit that used the core music from Crimson and Clover, which instantly won me over. So, I'm going to have to go out and find some more of this stuff.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 25, 2007, 02:18:04 PM by sirean_syan »

Offline beo

• Veteran
Re: Pulp - Jarvis Cocker
« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 25, 2007, 03:02:22 PM »
how can you not of heard of pulp? they were massive here about 10ish years ago - guess they didn't make it stateside. i'm not a massive fan, but they've done some good stuff. "disco 2000" and "common people" were huge hits.

at the brit awards a few years back he invaded the stage in protest of michael jackson's appearance. it was most amusing.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Monday, June 25, 2007, 03:41:20 PM »
I also don't really pay attention to much of the music world. The few things I tend to know are because other people tell me things randomly or because some horribly popular person with talent does something stupid. It may well have been that they made something of a splash here and I just completely missed it.

They actually talked about that little stunt on the interview and it sounded pretty funny. Half the fun was Jarvis saying he couldn't think of anything better to do other than act like he was passing gas because he didn't expect to actually get onto the stage.

Offline NatchDan

• I object.
    • NatchDan Music
« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 25, 2007, 08:22:33 PM »
Man. You need to find Shatner's cover of Common People. I mean, you have to.
|

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: Monday, June 25, 2007, 09:23:59 PM »
Funny thing is I've heard the cover, but had no idea where it came from until today.