Author Topic: Heat is like the best movie ever  (Read 2681 times)

Offline PyroMenace

Heat is like the best movie ever
« on: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 06:21:29 AM »
GTA has gotten me into this crime movie watching mode. I watched Inside Man last week which is a damn good movie, then tonight I was in the mood to watch Heat. I've seen it quite a few times, but every time I watch the movie its like a better experience than the last time. I think its because I catch more stuff and get a better sense of understanding of scenes and the way plot points work out and discover how more genius it is. Honestly I think it ranks in one of my favorite movies of all time now. I just discovered its nearly a 3 hour movie... it never really dawned on me because I enjoy every second of it. Its really the pinnacle of Micheal Mann's work, it doesnt get any better than this, even as far as crime movies go.

This makes me want to watch more Mike Mann movies... I've been wanting to watch Collateral again forever, that one and The Insider. I've heard Miami Vice sucks though, so I think I'll skip on that.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Heat is like the best movie ever
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 10:30:53 AM »
Yes, Heat was awesome.
I actually saw that in the theaters, a long time ago.
Very memorable.

Great movie.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 05:47:20 PM »
Pacino vs De Niro, right?  That is an outstanding movie.  The Departed is another you should watch, if you haven't already.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 05:57:23 PM »
I've not seen Heat, and Julia didn't like The Departed, so I never got to finish watching it.  I was a bit bummed about that, but from what I saw of the movie I didn't see what the big deal was, though.  I should check Heat out sometime, I always wanted to watch it.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 06:52:29 PM »
My sister bought my parents the DVD to heat what seems like a long time ago, maybe 10 years+. My mom started watching it and got like 20-30 minutes in and turned it off out of boredom. I took it to my room and watched it, and later convinced her to let me have it. :p

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 07:11:44 AM »
Heat is alright.  I thought it was very slow and just too long.

Funny story surrounding this movie.  I bought a bootleg VHS copy a long time ago for like $5.  I didn't get around to watching the whole movie for quite some time.  Finally, months later I sat down to watch the whole thing.  Well, about 10 minutes before the movie ended the tape just went to white noise.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 11:51:03 AM »
That happened to me not long ago with something I downloaded.  The AVI cut out close to the end.  I found the ending on youtube.

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 02:23:35 PM »
Heat is definitely one of my favorite movies.  I haven't seen a better movie shootout than the one I'm obviously referring to in this movie.