Author Topic: Best fortune cookie fortunes ever? ... in bed ... + Anniversary.  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Best fortune cookie fortunes ever? ... in bed ... + Anniversary.
« on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 12:41:50 PM »
Julia and I got fortune cookies at a Chinese place last night, and as is obligatory with any fortune, you have to add "in bed" to the end or suffer the consequences of having no sense of humor for the rest of your life.

Hers was:  "Be generous, and the favor will be returned within the week" ... in bed.

Mine was: "You will soon be involved in many gatherings and parties" ... in bed.

Oh snap.

A little ironic considering our second wedding anniversary is on Monday, but we actually decided to go out for it last night.  We didn't really want to do anything fancy despite the fact that her parents had given us some money to do so, so we decided to just do dinner and a movie instead.  Dinner was Chinese food at this place we like that's slightly more expensive than your average Chinese place, and the movie was North By Northwest (Hitchcock) at a local theater that's opened up recently that shows a lot of second-tier movies and classics.  They serve beer, wine, pizza, salads, and all kinds of stuff, so you can actually order food and drink before going to your movie, then go in, watch the movie, and have your food brought to you while you watch.  It's pretty stinking awesome.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Best fortune cookie fortunes ever? ... in bed ... + Anniversary.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 12:50:48 PM »
I wonder if the people who write these fortunes have given in to the whole 'in bed' thing, and now just write fortunes to compliment the joke. :P

Also congratulations to both you and Julia. More congrats to Julia for putting up with you for the past two years.

Also what is Kupo?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 12:56:12 PM »
Heh, I read your post to Julia and she about died laughing.  She finds the whole kupo joke terribly amusing, and she even named one of her Nintendogs Kupo because of it.   ;D

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 02:06:15 PM »
I wonder if the people who write these fortunes have given in to the whole 'in bed' thing, and now just write fortunes to compliment the joke. :P
My last fortune was "You will have sex with many Playboy playmates at one time."

I hate how fortunes never come true...

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 03:29:45 PM »
You have to give it time. Or maybe it meant actual rabbits?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 03:37:11 PM »
Maybe that was it, because last week....uh, nevermind.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 10:30:17 PM »
Happy anniversary!  Also that theater sounds pretty cool, sounds kind of similar to the Alamo Drafthouse we have in Austin, where you can order food and drinks while watching the movie, that's actually where I went to see Pan's Labyrinth and had 3 Guiness pints while I watched it.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 11:06:56 PM »
Happy Anniversary!! 

Taken.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #8 on: Monday, January 22, 2007, 12:02:22 AM »
Thank you.  =)

I don't think they have Guinness at our place.  =(  But they do have Boont Amber Ale, so that's all right.