Author Topic: I went to get a DS and got a PSP instead. :O  (Read 13082 times)

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: I went to get a DS and got a PSP instead. :O
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, April 21, 2007, 02:03:06 PM »
Hey what is your highest score?

On the PSP?  It's been too long for me to remember.  Several hundred K on the 360, like 500K on normal and 700K on hard.  (I'll have to check to be sure.)  Yeah, I know, weird, but true.  The "harder" mode is a completely different set of skins, and obviously, it's been easier for me.

Edit: 103,406 on the PSP.

Edit 2:  Heh.  Make that 240,652, plus at least 6 new skins.  I thought I had gotten a lot more into the concept of the game by playing on the Xbox, but I wasn't sure.  The game might have been easier.  Not so.  I really am more in tune with the game.  I hadn't played the PSP version for ages, and here I more than double my old best score in one shot.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 21, 2007, 03:34:50 PM by Cobra951 »

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 01:00:01 PM »
Cobra you were right about a game being faster off a mem stick. I had tried Midnight Club III off the magic underworld shop and it loaded almost instantly. Off the UMD it takes almost a minute at times, and seems to be running slower. Crazy.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 10:02:35 PM »
Yeah, don't use memstick performance as a benchmark for how an actual UMD will run.  There are load times on the Metal Slug UMD that are completely seamless on the memstick.  Like it doesn't even give you a message.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, April 26, 2007, 02:57:32 PM »
I went to pickup my uncle from the airport -- which is quite far. Anyway got there and learned the flight was delayed by 2 and a half hours. Frustrated I sat down at a coffee place and started playing my PSP. I have to tell you, the time passed very quickly. I am quite happy with having a handheld. Very useful.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 03:43:43 AM »
I had the Tekken magic underworld copy to hold me till the UMD came in, which I got a great deal on. Anyway the UMD has music and I love this game. In the car I get a goofy look of happiness on my face as I play... But again, the loading times are far worse than with the mem stick. But the game is definitely worth owning.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 12:32:00 AM »
On a whim I purchased Syphon Filter. It isn't bad at all.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 06:54:52 AM »
For those not following the Odin Sphere thread, I highly recommend getting a Magical Underworld Store copy of Princess Crown for PSP, a port of the Sega Saturn game of the same name.  It's Jap only, but there's a really great guide here with everything you need dialogue-wise translated.  It's a little goofy, but it works, and the game is outstanding and unique fun.  Most of the menus and stuff are either graphical or in English, so it's really just needed for dialogue and following the plot.  A FAQ can help you figure out what all the items do pretty easily.  I highly recommend giving it a whirl.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 24, 2007, 10:14:55 PM by Quemaqua »

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, May 24, 2007, 01:05:24 PM »

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, May 24, 2007, 01:47:32 PM »
God of War PSP

Damn that is looking pretty good so far.  If I had a PSP I would probably end up getting it.  Also Pug, have you played the God of War games?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, May 24, 2007, 02:19:16 PM »
Yea Belmont. My brother had visited me last year for a few months and I got him a PS2. We got both the god of wars, and I really enjoyed watching my cousins play it. I actually didn't enjoy playing it as much myself, as I did watching. It was pretty awesome though.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, May 24, 2007, 10:15:21 PM »
I can't wait for it.  They still haven't sent me my demo disk.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, November 01, 2007, 04:38:20 AM »
OK so I think buying Syphon Filter was a mistake for me. I mean I am sure it is a good game for those who like that sorta thing on a portable, but not me. I might sell it in favor of something else. BTW, I finally got the hang of Wipeout. Awesomeness.

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles holds my interest. Any good? GPW seems to have a hardon for Castlevania, and I've never tried one, so I am thinking of picking this up.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, November 01, 2007, 06:20:33 AM »
I never understood why people like any of the Syphon Filter games.  Boring, generic shit from the ground up, if you ask me.

Dracula X looks cool.  I think that one's supposed to have a free version of Symphony of the Night piggybacking along with it, too, which is one of the best games of all time.