Author Topic: New expansion: Wrath of the Lich King  (Read 13488 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: New expansion: Wrath of the Lich King
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, January 04, 2009, 06:38:24 PM »
Haha, I stand corrected, and point well taken.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 06:38:31 AM »
Keeb are you a hordie or an alliance?  I'm on a low pop PVP server and considering switching.  We've downed 10 man Maly (Alliance first for our server), but we can't gather enough non-idiots to do 25 man Malygos, and we are far from getting 3 Drake Sartharion down.

What's your server/guild/etc like? oO
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 01:57:57 PM »
We cleared 25 man Sarth, Naxx and Maly all within 3 weeks of release. We are supposed to raid 3 times a week but we've been getting it all done in 2. We got 3 Drake sarth a few weeks ago. We are considered one of the top guilds on the server and definitely top 3 Alliance. Its really laidback and the people are great. I have met up with them a few times for dinners and stuff.

We are recruiting mages and paladins right now!
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #83 on: Friday, January 23, 2009, 08:41:34 AM »
I am a mage. <3

I'm not quite sure I'm ready to xfer just yet, but I'll keep you updated.  Can you link me your armory/etc?
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #84 on: Friday, January 23, 2009, 08:42:34 AM »
PS: Nice signature
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #85 on: Friday, January 23, 2009, 04:08:20 PM »
my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tichondrius&n=Sequoia

my guilds rank on wowjutsu is #4 for my server  http://wowjutsu.com/us/tichondrius/   (guild is <Evolution>)
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 10:01:58 PM »
25 man 2 Drake Sarth down. 

We're doing 3 now.  Just one-shotted 25 Maly.  And cleared Naxx last night in our best time yet.  Feeling goooooooooooood.

This would be an Alliance server first, btw.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 12:46:30 AM »
Wow, that's a low population server.

For us, we're doing achievements now.  We did 6 minute Malygos on Tuesday and are now working on The Immortal.  3 achievements away from completing Heroic: Glory of the Raider for my 310% flying mount.

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, February 14, 2009, 05:28:11 PM »
Nuts.  Lol.  All of this gear I'm seeing on you two is making me want to xfer.

More 3d Sarth tomorrow.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2009, 12:02:12 AM »
Just bought this. Gah, I hate this game so much. Can't stop playing. What have I done?!!!

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2009, 02:07:13 AM »
Haha Ghandi, you just doomed yourself.

But dudes, check out my tank, Im getting rather proud of him. Hes got 27,000 health now, hes a fucking damage sponge. I love tanking.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, February 18, 2009, 06:58:28 AM »
Just bought this. Gah, I hate this game so much. Can't stop playing. What have I done?!!!

Guild Wars mocks you for your weakness.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, February 19, 2009, 01:28:21 AM »
Still no 3d.  We've gotten 2 drakes down, but tend to be in the process of wiping about then.  We had it perfectly with about 10% left on the 2nd drake and no DPS dead when the MT died.

RAWR

We'll get there, though.  It's still looking like we are ahead of our competition on the server.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, February 19, 2009, 02:06:14 AM »
Have you tried to use a voidwalker tank?  In 10 man it's still a challenge because of limited numbers, but if you use a voidwalker tank in 25 man, the encounter is a joke.  The VW needs like 75k hp though; I don't think it's too hard to accomplish for the most part.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, February 19, 2009, 10:56:47 PM »
Guild Wars mocks you for your weakness.

You're right, I never gave it enough time. I wish I had.

There's just something about Blizzard games that makes me always go back to them.

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, March 12, 2009, 07:31:58 AM »
FINALLY got 3d down.

http://wowwebstats.com/geby6btltofz3?s=209807-265891

Check out them heals.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Maiev&n=Brbwithflag

I have been talking to a guy from a different server and I was seriously going to xfer.  Now I am thinking that I will stay where I am.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, March 12, 2009, 09:05:34 AM »
That's some terrible DPS.

Anyway, we got Immortal last night and a couple people (including me) completed the Heroic: Glory of the Raider achievement so we got our Black Proto Drakes.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, March 12, 2009, 01:16:39 PM »
wowow spriests in the top 3 dps spots lolz
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #98 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 03:33:11 PM »
Have any of y'all transferred servers before?

I've been applying around and found a pretty hardcore guild called Burning Sensations on  Korgath.  They want to take me to replace one of their 'lesser skilled' players.  They promised me a raid spot.  Wowprogress has them 50thish in the US.  My guild is basically tied for the top spot on my server, so there isn't anywhere else to go.

I'm only hesitant because I've been with my guild for a while and I am decent friends with them all.  It would definitely be sad to go.  At the same time, I feel like I have a much better chance of being successful in Ulduar with the new guild on a medium/high pop server.  And I wanna do it well before Ulduar so I can get situated.

I have another couple days to decide, but I'm not getting any closer.  Haha.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #99 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 05:05:13 PM »
Yea see that's why I can't do the raiding endgame stuff. It no longer becomes playing with your friends, it's all about getting that dps, priest, or tank slot just for some better gear, even if your surrounded by people you don't know or possibly hate. It's like a day at work.

Right now I've just been doing heroics just with some friends, most of them are older people with families and more time consuming jobs, sometimes well get by, but other times we will just wipe and wipe and wipe, but I honestly don't care, we have a good time. The good epics that may drop is just a bonus.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 02:39:26 AM »
I've transferred servers a number of times, and in some cases left behind friends. My problem with friends in WoW has always been that my friends will quit, I'll transfer, then they come back and I'm gone. Or they decide to reroll somewhere and ask me to come, but not all of my friends are going, so I have to choose between group A and group B. the server After rerolling allaince with some online friends, and watching all but one get bored and quit, I went back to horde.

The server I'm on now has someone I've been playing with for most of my time in WoW, he's never quit or taken a break, and he was able to get me into the top guild on the server where I can leech and get free epics. My friend vouches for me, so I get free runs of naxx 10 and 25 man with alts and such. My first night in guild I got 3 piece T7 (2 valorous), and 2 best-in-slot items, plus the 2 best daggers in the game atm. Yay for being carried! I was in full quest blues, didn't even have level 80 5-man non heroic loot, haha.

As far as transferring...

My UD rogue went: Blackrock -> Garithos -> Arthas -> sold him
Human DK went: Blackrock -> Chromaggus -> abandoned
2nd UD rogue went: Arthas -> Skullcrusher ->  Dragonmaw -> Skullcrusher, where I play now

Offline Dragonlor

• Nii-San!
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 02:49:19 AM »
I agree with pyro there, that's why I don't play WoW anymore.  Once you get to end game content it's like masturbating with sand paper.  You aren't having fun anymore even if you pretend you are.  You are doing nothing but another job that you have to pay for.  You missed Wednesday raid because you had to go to the doctor sorry you're out of the guild.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, June 13, 2009, 07:03:39 PM »
Just caved in and bought this. I've got a 68 warrior and I want to level past 70, but I might just go ahead and make a DK like everyone else. They kick so much ass (as opposed to a warrior) that there's no point in going to 80 with my warrior.