Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown  (Read 11811 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, May 05, 2013, 01:22:53 PM »
It's meant to be replayed anyway, so "short" is a relative term. But compared to the original, it doesn't take as long to get through a game. And it probably isn't as replayable as the other was. But I'm not critical of it. I thought it was awesome and still do. I loved the original too, but don't feel there's anything wrong with the new entry.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, October 06, 2013, 07:19:17 AM »
So, during the Free Steam weekend, I managed to rack up 5 hours of this.

Maybe I'm just not good w/ strategy games or something, since I do lack experience w/ them.

And while I was doing okay in the beginning, but it just gradually got worse and worse.
And today, I finally failed on my 1st playthrough - miserably.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, October 06, 2013, 07:54:05 AM »
It's not an easy game.  That's for sure.

I know they've fixed most of the bugs in the game by now, but I haven't played it in a long time.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #83 on: Monday, October 07, 2013, 02:37:59 AM »
I'm pretty anxious about the expansion coming out in November: Enemy Within.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 01:40:19 AM »
So I've been playing this again, and I've been streaming it (on Twitch). Which has been a lot of fun! I've done a little Nuclear Throne, a full play (on easy) of Dungeon of the Endless, and now starting in on XCOM: Enemy Within since I never played it and want to prep for XCOM 2.

XCOM: Enemy Within, Let's Play—Imminent Sequel Panic!

It was going really well until it, uh ... stopped going really well.

If you're short on time, you can also see the worst of the bloodbaths:

Highlight Reel

Anyway, I'm remembering how great this game is, and can't wait for XCOM 2. But I also discovered The Long War, a mod that's apparently top-notch amazing, and basically is the ultimate way to play this game. I don't have the balls to even begin to want to try that at this point, but some of you guys might be interested. It adds and changes classes, adds tech and research stuff, weapons, new mission types, changes up the way the aliens work, and generally makes things way harder and the campaign much longer. It's really ambitious and apparently carries it off really well, to the point that the guys who made it are forming a studio and working on their own strategy game now. Check it out!

« Last Edit: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 02:14:51 AM by Quemaqua »

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野