Games > General Gaming

Resident Evil 4 PC -> Update: HD version w/ Steamworks support & 60 FPS coming

<< < (5/6) > >>

scottws:
I'm going to resurrect this ancient thread to state that I finally started playing Resident Evil 4 on Wii.  Holy hell either this game is really fucking hard or I really suck at games now.  I can't even get past the 10 minute stage in this game.  I go into a little town, everyone chases me, and I die.

Once I holed up in a little house and wasted anyone that came through the door, but then I heard glass break and I turn around and there are three psychos standing right there, and I get impaled to death with pitchforks and scythes.  I have no idea how they all piled through the broken window so quickly.  Another time I found a shotgun but a chainsaw guy ended up cutting my head off even though I pumped about 5 shells at near point-blank range into his skull.

What the fuck is with this game?  This is crazy!

MysterD:
I don't recall the PC version being easy. It wasn't ridiculously hard, either.

Of course, I think I was playing on default difficulty.

I don't know about the Wii controls (I don't own a Wii); so, I don't know if it's easier to play with that Wii controller or say the usual type of controller (X360 pad, PC gamepad, or a Playstation type of controller).

iPPi:

--- Quote from: scottws on Thursday, November 27, 2008, 08:34:19 AM ---I'm going to resurrect this ancient thread to state that I finally started playing Resident Evil 4 on Wii.  Holy hell either this game is really fucking hard or I really suck at games now.  I can't even get past the 10 minute stage in this game.  I go into a little town, everyone chases me, and I die.

Once I holed up in a little house and wasted anyone that came through the door, but then I heard glass break and I turn around and there are three psychos standing right there, and I get impaled to death with pitchforks and scythes.  I have no idea how they all piled through the broken window so quickly.  Another time I found a shotgun but a chainsaw guy ended up cutting my head off even though I pumped about 5 shells at near point-blank range into his skull.

What the fuck is with this game?  This is crazy!

--- End quote ---

To be honest, that part of the game is probably the most difficult.  The goal of this section is to simply survive.  I think after a certain number of people or time, you will be safe.

And yes, it's not an easy game -- in fact the Wii version of the game is a lot easier because of the simpler aiming mechanism.

Quemaqua:
Yeah, that's the hardest part.  Read a FAQ or something if you have to, because I forget the specifics.  But there are a number of ways to handle it, and different things happen depending on what you do (like the shotgun thing).  But yes, basically you just have to survive for a while.  I don't remember if you have to kill a certain number of people or just last long enough, but eventually the scenario will end and you shouldn't find anything quite so frustrating in the rest of the game.  I was fairly bewildered until I realized that if you last long enough it'll just stop, because they don't give you any indication of that.  It would be a pretty brilliant and effective scenario if it wasn't quite as hard as it was.  I see what they were going for, it's just a bit too difficult to have so early on.

MysterD:
Capcom Unity -> Comparisons of upcoming RE4 HD PC version (supporting Steamworks) vs. the original RE4 PC release.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version