Author Topic: Silent Hill 2 in the works? Neil Gaiman to write... or not?  (Read 3098 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Silent Hill 2 in the works? Neil Gaiman to write... or not?
« on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 09:00:18 PM »
Interesting news.  I find it surprising how many game IPs Gans seems to be doing movie stuff with.  I find it somewhat disheartening, actually.  I'm still interested, though, as any Silent Hill movie that corrects the errors of the first would be welcome in my book.  That movie had so much potential and did so much right that it was a damn shame to see all that it did wrong.  I'm also kind of excited about there being a special edition at some point.  I know there was a bunch of footage they didn't use and such... could be cool.  The extras on the original DVD were probably the best part.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: Silent Hill 2 in the works? Neil Gaiman to write... or not?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 10:09:02 PM »
This might be good, but without Gans, it might take a turn for the worse, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  It would be awesome if Gaiman worked on it too, but I don't see that happening, I thought he was working on the movie adaptation of his novel Stardust anyways.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 26, 2007, 12:21:06 AM »
Time will tell.  I hope somebody talks him into doing it anyway.  I'd love to get his mits involved in a Silent Hill project.  God knows what the last movie needed was better writing.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 26, 2007, 01:04:46 AM »
I don't know why he wouldn't do the the second, on the commentary (so I've heard) he set up the first's ending so that it would have a sequel.

The movie was so cool the first hour in, I don't know how closely it followed the game's story, but the movie fell apart after they go into the church.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 26, 2007, 07:51:20 AM »
I hated a lot of individual things about the flick, but it got so many of the visual things right, not to mention the monsters... even the acting was pretty decent.  The problem was that the writing was so bad the actors had shit to work with, so a lot of them came across as super cheesy or unbelievable where I don't think it was entirely their fault.  And there just weren't enough monster moments.  There should have been a great deal more.