Author Topic: Samurai Pizza Cats  (Read 3258 times)

Offline NatchDan

• I object.
    • NatchDan Music
Samurai Pizza Cats
« on: Saturday, June 02, 2007, 10:04:11 PM »
This came up in the podcast pilot, and nobody had heard of it, which I found to be a shame. Basically, it was an anime for children that got shipped over to the US, the scripts torn up and surreal new ones written. Oh, and it was about cats, who made pizza, and were samurai. It was full of very self-aware, fourth-wall-breaking humour and surrealism.

Episode One on YouTube
Wikipedia

And I feel lucky enough to be the only person I know of who has ever owned an action figure of one of them.

|

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: Samurai Pizza Cats
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, June 02, 2007, 11:05:23 PM »
Ugh, I remember that show.  Horrible, horrible show even for a kid's show.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, June 02, 2007, 11:34:52 PM »
Heh, I'm totally going to go watch it.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, June 03, 2007, 03:39:17 AM »
Oh I remeber them! It used to be the one cartoon on at the time I would race back from school to watch it, it was so funny! I remeber the last episode was kind of cool... from what I remember.  ;D

Offline NatchDan

• I object.
    • NatchDan Music
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, June 03, 2007, 06:15:14 AM »
Man, I love it so much. Heh.
|

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, June 03, 2007, 09:48:10 PM »
I remember when I first moved from Toronto to Vancouver when I was 8.  My main complaint was that the children's television in Vancouver fucking sucked.  I realize now that it probably had more to do with the short life span of kid's shows than the location, but that's besides the point.  I went from watching bad ass shows like: Transformers, GI Joe, He-man, Bionic mother-fucking 6, C.O.P.S. and Visionaries to watching Rocky and Bullwinkle (and possibly ducktales...which was awesome).  Anyways, the point is that this show was on right after Rocky and Bullwinkle and I wouldn't even watch it.

I just moved cities, didn't know anyone, had no nintendo, and I wouldn't watch it...I was probably outside in the rain counting rocks or something.   

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, June 03, 2007, 11:20:26 PM »
Hey I remember that show! haha.

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: Monday, June 04, 2007, 04:06:44 AM »
yeah, i remember it too, but with a little less fondness. to me, it was just a cheap knock off of the turtles (which were completely awesome). i was probably wrong, but at the time if it wasn't turtles, it wasn't worth shit.

edit -
watching it on youtube now, and it's actually very funny. especially after reading that wikipedia entry and seeing that the entire thing is a complete re-dub. the fact that it's clearly improvised from the original japanese version makes it all the more funny.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 04, 2007, 04:45:59 AM by beo »