Author Topic: Dr. Steve Brule  (Read 1739 times)

Offline wizall

Dr. Steve Brule
« on: Monday, March 03, 2008, 05:50:40 PM »
I know most of you have probably seen these clips, but for those who haven't:

1:  http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/ccbe047722

2:  http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/e1a3e057d6

I seriously can't stop watching them.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
Re: Dr. Steve Brule
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 03, 2008, 06:03:20 PM »
Haha :D

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 03, 2008, 09:39:32 PM »
That is the worst fucking show on television, right up there with American Dad.  Fuck Adult Swim.  They used to be cool.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 03, 2008, 09:41:56 PM »
It's a show? News to me.

Based on those two clips, it seems funnier than American Dad. Of course, that's not saying much. American Dad sucks so fucking hard.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 03, 2008, 09:43:49 PM »
It's two completely different kinds of suck.  Squidbillies, for instance, would be a third.  AS has rather a lot of varieties of suck these days.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 03, 2008, 09:46:35 PM »
Most of the new AS shows that I've seen have been pretty bad. There's one where it's really slow stop motion animation with a blue overlay. I forget the name. But it's terrible. They need a new Sealab 2021.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 03, 2008, 09:58:31 PM »
They need a new anything.  ATHF kind of went downhill (or just got weird(er) depending on your viewpoint), there's still no new season of Venture Bros., no new season of Metalocalypse, they got rid of Futurama, there's no more Home Movies, Family Guy we've all seen every episode 800 fucking times, all the anime is either stupid or played out, and all that's supporting them is shit like that Lucy Daughter of the Devil, Morel Orel, all the "hey let's make fun of religion" shows, Xavier Renegade Angel show (I still haven't scrubbed my eyeballs clean from watching the first episode), the stupid Tim and Eric shit (I don't think I could find any other two people that I'd like to punch in the face more, besides my neighbors), and all the other shows that are basically the same fucking thing wrapped up in vaguely different yet still entirely unfunny aesthetics.

So I guess what I'm saying is we've got Robot Chicken.  Well, and I guess Ghost in the Shell: SAC.  I haven't seen a lot of that yet.  But we're mostly talking AS originals here anyway.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 03, 2008, 10:05:36 PM »
I've only seen one episode, but I caught a bit of Frisky Dingo the other day and was very intrigued. It's from the makers of Sea Lab and it's got a lot of awkwardness going.

It also had this bit with these Space Marinish guys talking and in their group was one female marine, but no one was quite sure why she was different. Funny stuff.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 03, 2008, 10:10:32 PM »
I haven't really caught that one.  A few episodes seemed okay, then a few just seemed way too off the deep end for me.  It does seem to be one of the better shows compared to the others, though.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 03, 2008, 11:35:35 PM »
WE don't get Adult Swim here (I don't think.  I don't really watch TV so I could totally be wrong about that), but I was a big fan of downloading ATHF, Sealab, Venture Bros, and Robot Chicken.

Sealab was great, but I'm fairly sure I've seen all of them (except maybe for a few of the later ones).  ATHF is awesome, and I just checked the episode list.  Totally pumped that it started up again.  Robot Chicken, while funny, is hard to keep track of.  I have no idea which ones I've seen and which ones I haven't.  Venture Bros.  I'll be happy when that starts again.  I think I watched most of Season 1 and 2 back to back when I was really hung over one day.  Strangely, I think it might have been one of the best days ever.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 03, 2008, 11:54:22 PM »
ATHF kind of went downhill (or just got weird(er) depending on your viewpoint)

Yeah there's no real question that it went downhill after season 1. It was hit-and-miss after that. The thing about Robot Chicken is that it can be hit-and-miss per little skit - there's always funny parts but the whole thing doesn't demand hilarity.

As for Adult Swim as a whole, I wonder how the ratings have been affected. I can only assume that they have gone downhill. Surely people can't stand this new stuff.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 04, 2008, 12:06:10 AM »
Moral Orel is one of my favorite shows on AS, its definitely one of the smarter shows on there if you don't get offended by it. I also miss The Boondocks and The Venture Bros, Tim and Eric is ok, but I don't really watch AS anymore. I'm not in high school anymore...

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, March 04, 2008, 01:11:10 AM »
Tim and Eric is shit, that clip was mildly amusing, too bad the show sucks.  New Metalocalypse and Venture Bros will be here soon though, I think its June for both last I checked and Venture Bros is going to be 26 episodes this season instead of 13 so yay for that.  Frisky Dingo has caught my interest enough to keep watching it though.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, March 04, 2008, 01:36:33 AM »
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Boondocks.  That show is still pretty good stuff.

Offline wizall

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, March 04, 2008, 02:46:52 PM »
I actually had no idea it was a show, but now I see the Adult Swim logo in lower-right side.  I just thought the clips were funny.

It does seem strange that a live action show would be on AS, but I haven't had that channel is years so I miss all this.  I did love Home Movies, though.  The others, such as ATHF, weren't all that funny, imo.  Venture Bros was amusing in places, I suppose.