Author Topic: The Oscar Nominations Are Out...  (Read 4109 times)

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
The Oscar Nominations Are Out...
« on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 12:05:17 PM »
and its the same old shit as last time. Theres the sappy romance, the dramedy, the indie flick, blah, blah blah. I don't care about the Oscars, I think they're boring, but there is a good side to this. When a movie is up for an award, the studios send a dvd of the movie to all of the judges. These movies always find their way to the net and you can watch a movie thats not out on video or still in theaters in top notch quality.

Anyways, Keira Knightley is up for an award, so I know the Oscars are shit! You can check out all of the nominees at http://imdb.com/features/rto/2008/globes

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: The Oscar Nominations Are Out...
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 01:22:13 PM »
American Gangster in awesome.  But the sad thing is I haven't seen any of the others, so I have no idea what deserves to be there and what doesn't.

What's wrong with Keira Knightley?

Edit:  Actually, I did see Ratatouille, and it does deserve a nomination, probably also the award, seeing the competition.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 01:46:21 PM »
btw these are the Golden Globes not the Oscars
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 02:48:14 PM »
That's embarrassing.  It says OSCARS in the banner on top, then goes on to list Golden Globes.  Bunch of prevaricating bastards.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 04:52:51 PM »
Oh, so I guess these movies won't be coming out then, but Keira Knightly still sucks.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, December 13, 2007, 06:32:46 PM »
Well I haven't seen any of those movies except for American Gangster, Simpsons Movie, and Ratatouille, so I cannot really comment just yet. 

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 14, 2007, 12:49:46 AM »
Oh, so I guess these movies won't be coming out then, but Keira Knightly still sucks.

Why?  I thinks she's a fine lady and a fine actress.  What's your beef with her, chest not big enough?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 14, 2007, 01:05:42 AM »
She isn't that good an actress yet, I agree.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #8 on: Friday, December 14, 2007, 01:10:48 AM »
I haven't seen her in enough to really say.  I thought she kind of sucked in the Pirates movies, though.  Not terribly, just wasn't anything special (but again, it's hard to say because her role wasn't very special either).

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #9 on: Friday, December 14, 2007, 01:13:20 AM »
I agree. That's why I said "yet". Untill now, she hasn't been terribly impressive, but I haven't seen her Atonement so who knows.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: Friday, December 14, 2007, 02:03:30 AM »
She was a good Elizabeth in Pride and Prejudice (if you get into Jane Austen at all *waits for inevitable puerile jokes*).

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #11 on: Friday, December 14, 2007, 08:23:36 AM »
I disliked that version of Pride and Prejudice, but I have to admit she was good.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #12 on: Friday, December 14, 2007, 10:23:15 AM »
I think Kiera is pretty good looking, but she's gotten a little bit too skinny lately.  She needs to gain some weight.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: Friday, December 14, 2007, 08:24:16 PM »
She was a good Elizabeth in Pride and Prejudice (if you get into Jane Austen at all *waits for inevitable puerile jokes*).

she was good in that... it's a relief to have good up and coming actresses...  though some of her choices are a bit questionable.

Taken.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: Friday, December 14, 2007, 11:50:46 PM »
Are we talking about Keira Knightly here? Is this a joke? This girl sucks!

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #15 on: Friday, December 14, 2007, 11:52:59 PM »
Well I would have agreed with you, but I had forgotten about her performance in Pride and Prejudice. She was pretty OK in that.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 03:53:33 PM »

Didn't see that version of Pride w/ Keira.

But, eh -- hasn't Jane Austen been beat to death recently, w/ films and works based off her stuff directly and/or inspired by her???

I mean recently, there's been...
The BBC-based Pride and Prejudice TV mini-series, the film Pride and Prejudice w/ Keira, this comedy version of Pride & Prejudice I never heard of until now, the film w/ Anne Hathway actually Being Jane Austen, the Bollywood-style flick Bride & Prejudice, the Jane Austen Book Club...

...That's just to name a few there...

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, December 23, 2007, 02:25:13 AM »
people can't get enough of Jane Austen i guess... though not much is known of her.

Keira.. well, in your opinion, who IS a good actress that's around her age, nicklone?

Taken.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, December 23, 2007, 09:44:53 AM »
people can't get enough of Jane Austen i guess... though not much is known of her.

Keira.. well, in your opinion, who IS a good actress that's around her age, nicklone?

I like Scarlett Johansson, she seems like a natural who doesn't try so hard to overract and think thats a good thing.

I got high and watched Pirates, I didn't notice it before but Kiera only has two faces when she acts: shocked and confused. No matter what happens, she's using one of those two faces. The part where she opens the compass and it points to Jack, her reaction was so bad that it made me laugh out loud and I had to pause the movie.