Overwritten.net
Games => General Gaming => Topic started by: MysterD on Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 09:03:59 PM
-
JB can be happy; more Hitman games will be coming!
Oh, and sequels to Tomb Raider and Just Cause are coming eventually, as well.
(http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/24/sequels-eidos-announces-more-tomb-raider-hitman-just-cause/)Sequels! Eidos announces more Tomb Raider, Hitman, Just Cause
Posted Jan 24th 2007 9:25PM by James Ransom-Wiley
Filed under: Sony PlayStation 3, Microsoft Xbox 360, Action, Adventure, Simulations, Sports
Rest easy, there will be more Tomb Raider, more Hitman, and another Just Cause. And just 'cause, Eidos has also confirmed that a new edition of its perennial footie sim Championship Manager will hit the pitch for (at least) one more go'round. Although development is currently underway for the follow-up foursome, release dates have yet to be issued.
The expected sequels will be joined by Kane & Lynch and Crossfire, new IPs (they still bother with those?), along with Battlestations: Midway, which is due out next month.
-
Eidos still exists?
-
Eidos still exists?
Yeah.
I'm wonderin' whatever happened to the plans of Thief 4, which they were planning to do without Ion Storm....
-
More sequels to Tomb Raider... holy shit who could ever guess!!!
-
With Tomb Raider I'm just glad Crystal Dynamics got the project from now on.. Core did a great job on the first game, then it was just a downward spiral from there.
I'd be interested in seeing how a 4th Thief game would turn out.
-
Hurray more Hitman.
-
Hurray more Hitman.
Amen!
-
.
I'd be interested in seeing how a 4th Thief game would turn out.
There were rumors flying around Thief 4 would take place in a modern setting.
I hope they don't decide on that. I always liked the medieval setting in Thief series. All we need is another stealth game in the modern setting -- it'd be probably too much like Splinter Cell or Hitman.....
Personally, I'd like Thief 4 to be more like Thief: Deadly Shadows w/ the somewhat open-ended world, but having the very complex missions like say Thief 1.
Plus, you can't do Thief 4 w/out Garrett, his blackjack, the rope arrows, and the UNDEAD.
-
Well, we could see that Thief 3 had a bit of Splinter Cell influence considering the way the 3rd person camera worked. I definitely love the medieval setting, but I can see them throwing in a lot of machinery (a la Metal Age). Garrett has to be in the story, it's not "Thief" without Garrett!
[spoiler]I wouldn't mind a new character, like oh say the kid Garrett caught at the end of Thief 3 (exactly the same way Garrett was discovered by the Keeper in the intro of Thief 1). That would be cool.[/spoiler]
-
I hated Thief 3, not the game itself, but the clunkiness of the engine and stuff. The same can be said with Deus Ex: Invisible War. The two games just didn't do well on the PC since the HUD didn't work well on the PC. Plus the game felt like a port, with extremely small play areas before the need to load the next area.
-
Well, we could see that Thief 3 had a bit of Splinter Cell influence considering the way the 3rd person camera worked. I definitely love the medieval setting, but I can see them throwing in a lot of machinery (a la Metal Age). Garrett has to be in the story, it's not "Thief" without Garrett!
I wouldn't mind some technology thrown in, a la Metal Age's premise. That'd be cool.
Man, speaking of Metal Age, I really should play that game. I had that game for years and yet to install it!!! I think it's a pain to get going on XP. I still ain't finished Thief: TDP on my old Win 98 PC -- still installed and all!!! LOL. I think both those Thief games are tough to get going on XP. Hell, I really should try. Thief: TDP rocked and so did Thief: Deadly Shadows. Funny, the only Thief game I beat was Thief: DS.
About Thief characters and past Thief plotlines...SPOILERS
[spoiler]I wouldn't mind a new character, like oh say the kid Garrett caught at the end of Thief 3 (exactly the same way Garrett was discovered by the Keeper in the intro of Thief 1). That would be cool.
Makes sense to me.....Yeah, that'd be interesting....[/spoiler]
But, yeah --- I really did like Garrett's personality. He's great. :) You'd have to bring back that same voice-actor, though, if we're to bring Garrett back... :P
And bring back the ROPE ARROWS!!! Dark Messiah saw how cool they were in Thief 1 and 2 and utilized them VERY well -- why can't we have them back for Thief 4????
-
I loved Thief 3. The engine wasn't the best ever, but it worked admirably. I've played much worse. And the game was fun, a few bitches aside.
-
I loved Thief 3. The engine wasn't the best ever, but it worked admirably. I've played much worse. And the game was fun, a few bitches aside.
;D
-
.... I miss the Legacy of Kain.
-
.... I miss the Legacy of Kain.
I still need to work on Defiance.
-
I haven't played Defiance yet, either. It's been so long since I've played the rest I've forgotten so much... but I haven't gone back to play the others again in ages.
-
I haven't played Defiance yet, either. It's been so long since I've played the rest I've forgotten so much... but I haven't gone back to play the others again in ages.
I began the first level, but yeah -- that was about it....
-
Oh man, the Legacy of Kain series were great. I remember I got up to Soul Reaver 2 (a great game in its own right), but it reached a point where it would inevitably crash on both my systems no matter what I tried. So I never got to finish it. I started Defiance and basically filled in the gaps since the end of SR2. I love how closely the LoK games complete each other.
P.S. Rope arrows rule.
-
P.S. Rope arrows rule.
HELL YEAH!!!