Overwritten.net
Community => General Discussion => Topic started by: Cobra951 on Friday, March 09, 2007, 11:03:42 PM
-
. . . and I can't get over how much it reminds me of Dead Rising. They may disavow a connection, but no doubt iit's there. Heh. This is the 1st time I watch it too. I was only interested because of the buzz about the connection to DR.
-
The remake yes? I enjoyed this movie alot.
-
Yeah, "John Romero's". It's a cut above your typical zombie flick so far. The lights just went out in the mall. They're out looking for generators . . . and they got jumped. Oooh! :-[
-
It's actually a really really good remake. I like it just as much as the original. Maybe more.
-
I didnt care so much for the movie.
[spoiler]When they up and decide to leave the mall. It just wasn't believable...like "We've got a good thing going here and could last a long time. We've got food, a safe place to sleep, plenty of entertainment. Hey I know! Lets make a dangerous run to a dock where a boat may or may not be to set sail for an undetermined location that has a strong chance of being just as infested with zombies as our current location! No guarantees of food or safe shelter!" And then everyone, even the skeptical asshole that hates everyone, agrees to go along with it.[/spoiler]
-
I loved it.
-
I don't remember the original. I did see the B&W Night of the Living Dead.
Kind of an abrupt ending. It was OK overall. Now I want to see the original.
-
Is that the one where there are like some Army canisters that got shipped to the wrong place, and some guy hits it and releases gas that turns him into a zombie and then the burn his body but it rains and then people start coming out of graves and at the end the Army blows up the town with a nuclear artillery shell?
-
Is that the one where there are like some Army canisters that got shipped to the wrong place, and some guy hits it and releases gas that turns him into a zombie and then the burn his body but it rains and then people start coming out of graves and at the end the Army blows up the town with a nuclear artillery shell?
Thats not the originial Dawn of the Dead, I didn't like the remake because they tried to make it into an action movie and took all th violence out of it. In the first one they're trapped in this tiny little room, they didn't have the whole mall to themselves. They got bored, restless, hungry and their lives were constantly in danger. I don't know why they would want to leave the mall in the remake.
-
That's what idol said. I sort of agree, although I imagine that eventually, they'd have to make a break for it.