Overwritten.net
Community => Art => Topic started by: NatchDan on Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 05:45:25 PM
-
Okay, so, I have an idea. This idea involves me writing music for specific scenes from films and then making an album out of it, so depending on the length of the scenes, 5-15 pieces of music. Now, here's the thing: I want to make this an album of great/important/turning point scenes from movies. I want you to tell me your favourite scenes of this type, and I might use them. Any genre of movie is allowed, and any point during the film - just use spoiler tags where appropriate. Go!
-
Awesome idea! I'll have to see what I can come up with.
-
Sweet. I was worried I hadn't explained it well enough.
-
While the chestburster scene from the original Alien is pretty near perfect with just the ambient sound (well, most of the movie is actually), it could be cool to replace that sound with some music that could make it feel different.
I also think it would be awesome to score one of the play scenes from Rushmore. Since Max goes all out on those, it would be a funny way to sort of complete the picture as if they were movies in of themselves.
-
Those are both great suggestions. I totally forgot about this thread like a cad.
I'm going to suggest doing something more obscure. How about Hitchcock's Rebecca and music to the big revelation scene closer to the end in the boathouse? I won't talk more about it given that most probably haven't seen the film.
-
Que, I haven't seen that one, so I'll reserve judgement. Sweet ideas, though, Sy.
I did my first one of these today, though without the scene to refer to, so the timing and whatnot won't fit the original scene, but it's a good jumping-off point. The movie: Blade Runner. The scene: [spoiler]Deckard hunts for Roy/Roy dies/"Too bad she won't live..."[/spoiler]
It is here (http://www.natchdan.com/music/filmscenes/natchdan-bladerunner.mp3) - I ask you to bear in mind that this is a movie soundtrack piece, so it's not to everyone's taste. Slow-burning and all that.
-
Liked it. Can't remember the scene too well (honestly, I was never that big a fan of the movie), but it was a good listen either way.
-
Ill suggest, only because I saw the movie for the first time last night, the smothering/escape scene from One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest.