Overwritten.net
Community => General Discussion => Topic started by: Antares on Monday, September 25, 2006, 09:35:59 PM
-
Anyone watch the premire tonight?
I fell asleep this afternoon and woke up about halfway through so I only caught the last half. I liked what I saw. A bit heavy handed with the whole "destined for something greater" vibe, but I'll definitely try to remember to watch in the future.
-
I haven't watched it yet, but I'll just wait to download it. Commercial-free videos are the way to go ;D
-
I saw a little and it seemed alright. The problem is there doesn't seem like enough to pull me back in. Once you see that they are superheroes in the Unbreakable since (about as realistic as you can make them without going over the top), there's not a whole lot go off of once you see and accept that they have powers. The idea's cool, but I really wasn't feeling the characters enough to care beyond that idea. After the trailer for the remaider of the series you pretty much can piece everything together from there, at least that's how it feels.
Part of the problem is they may have too much to introduce in the first episode or two. You can't really flesh things out enough and have to hope the sheer quantity makes up for it.
-
I'm extremely curious. But I just hope it doesn't take a Lost season 2 turn.
-
I just watched it, and I like it so far! I loved the end of it too!
-
I thought it was pretty decent. I loved the Japanese dudes!
-
Oi Spocku! Death-Grippu Spocku! Death-Grippu!!
Haha they were cool :D I can't wait to see how Hiro's powers develop.
-
I'm extremely curious. But I just hope it doesn't take a Lost season 2 turn.
awww I haven't seen it, don't tell me it sucks.
-
I haven't watched Lost, but Evangeline Lilly has been on my top 10 list of sexy ladies for a while.
-
I thought the second episode was better than the first. The characters all had to deal with the consequences of their actions. Interesting stuff.
-
awww I haven't seen it, don't tell me it sucks.
The first season was awesome. Just great. Then the second season just....lost its spark or something. I just didn't care anymore. But that's just me, though.
-
Ok, I'm watching the second episode right now and I really need help. Minor spoilers:
In the scene with the cop who can hear the kid or something, who is the blonde fbi agent/cop/cia whatever. The one with short hair and freckles. It's really annoying me that I can't figure oout what she's from.
-
Nevermind, it's the chick from Carnivale.
-
I liked the pilot of this show Heroes. It was good -- and one of the better shows on TV.
Too bad I miss'd this past Monday's new episode. I wonder when it'll be replayed...
-
You can always download it :P
I caught it on TV, but I figure this is one show I'd like to keep on disk COMMERCIAL-FREE!
-
nbc.com had the option to stream the premire. Not sure if they did it for the second episode. I never tried it, so I have no idea how many commercials there were and if the quality sucked or not.
-
Has anyone seen the 4th episode yet? It's entitled "Collision." The end of it was awesome! Not that much was going but we get a bit of foreshadowing! Holy monkey!
-
Anyone still watching? Best episode ever tonight.
-
Oh man, I just watched the 5th episode.. Awesome. Awesome to the MAX!
-
I think I like the show more than Lost right now, and that says quite a bit. Fuck, tv got a lot more awesome since the reality phase dropped. I went from only watching hockey games to watching pretty much at least one show a night.
You must motherfucking save the cheerleader.
-
OK, my curiousity got peaked enough. I found a torrent with the 1st 4 episodes, and I'm getting it now.
I do hope this doesn't follow the Lost formula too closely, meaning plot development so slow that watching buns rise in the oven seems like a blur by comparison.
-
OK, managed to get & watch all 5 episodes. Definitely interesting, although I see cliches already rearing their ugly heads. The obligatory dark conspiracy in particular irks me, although this one seems not to be so one-dimensionally evil. Maybe it will pan out. I'm definitely watching more episodes. So, when's the next one?
-
OK, managed to get & watch all 5 episodes. Definitely interesting, although I see cliches already rearing their ugly heads. The obligatory dark conspiracy in particular irks me, although this one seems not to be so one-dimensionally evil. Maybe it will pan out. I'm definitely watching more episodes. So, when's the next one?
I know what you mean :P I'm beginning to see a Xavier VS Magneto sort of plot! I never really considered Magneto purely evil, he's reacting to a hatred and a fear.
Next episode should be out on Monday. I think the first season will only be 8 episodes, and based on the ratings of the whole season NBC will decide whether or not they'll continue. By the looks of things so far, there will very likely be more seasons.
-
8 episodes? Shit . . . That means they won't get anywhere, at the rate it's going. I'll keep watching though, for now.
-
I just finished the 5th episode, which means that I'm all caught up, right?
-
I just watched all 5 this weekend..so awesome
[spoiler]Future Hiro was badass with his little goatee and huge samurai sword![/spoiler]
-
I just watched all 5 this weekend..so awesome
[spoiler]Future Hiro was badass with his little goatee and huge samurai sword![/spoiler]
Oh yeah! I even like the little geeky Hiro :D
-
I really really really want to watch this show because everyone is talking about it, but I need to catch up.
-
I liked today's episode. The show seems to get better as it goes. If it wasn't for the hype I would've stopped after the first 2, which are only mediocre.
-
Starts here in about 3 min. I"m pretty pumped.
-
Awesome. By the way, I had no idea about this before, but apparently every time a new episode comes out NBC releases a free 'graphic novel' for download. They aren't recaps, but rather fill in the back story a bit. Check them out here:
http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/
You can get pdf files at the wikipedia page as well:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_%28TV_series%29#Graphic_novels
-
Sweet!
-
I'm not that big on comics, but free comics to support the show is just cool.
and just for bragging rights, rotating my monitor into portrait mode lets you see the whole page at once at a readable level, it's awesome.
-
What is this, network television? Eh, I'll grab it off bit-torrent, but I'll probably just come back after it's over with one of those crotchety-old-man "TV is the collapse of civilization" rants.
-
That dialogue is amazing. I can't find hideous invective strong enough to describe it.
-
invective....word a day calender?
I don't think I've heard anyone use that in a sentence since a 200 level english class....and probably only that once. Impressive.
-
What is this, network television? Eh, I'll grab it off bit-torrent, but I'll probably just come back after it's over with one of those crotchety-old-man "TV is the collapse of civilization" rants.
I'd say, "I told you so," but...
(http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/492/getoffmylawnop0.png) (http://imageshack.us)
(http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7325/opportunitylookclosene9.th.jpg) (http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=opportunitylookclosene9.jpg)
(http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5598/saintthorazinezg6.th.png) (http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=saintthorazinezg6.png)
invective....word a day calender?
I should point out that is the third time you have accused me of that.
NO.
READ A BOOK.
-
Book? Word a day calender?
-
Book? Word a day calender?
Calendar.
-
Jack'sRag(e)
-
Jack'sRag(e)
You might actually have a point.
Oh wait, apostrophes can't be used in nicknames.
-
You win this round. Well played my nemesis...well played.
-
Well plaid... You mean to say that Jack is well plaid....
-
But he looks hideous in it.
-
It's true, I do.
-
Good news, the first season of Heroes has been extended to a possible 13 episodes. The 13th episode is expected to air on new year's day (according to the TV.com episode guide).
-
Awesome. Next week would have been the end to the first season right?
-
Awesome. Next week would have been the end to the first season right?
I think last Monday would have been the end, but they decided to go for the full season :D
They usually put a Heroes marathon on Sunday night too. I download the episodes anyway, and now the comics as well! ;D
-
That last episode was the best one yet.
-
ZOMG! :o
-
[spoiler]Man..that was cool! and they captured Sylar to boot. I cant wait for next weeks episode when they expand on Hiros story when he traveled back in time[/spoiler]
-
[spoiler]Man..that was cool! and they captured Sylar to boot. I cant wait for next weeks episode when they expand on Hiros story when he traveled back in time[/spoiler]
Yep, definitely something to look forward to ;D I love this show!
-
I thought last night was a huge letdown.
-
I thought last night was a huge letdown.
It was at first for me too, I was expecting a little more glamour, but after it ended I accepted it ;D and now I await the next episode patiently.
-
Seriously? I thought it had enough muster to be considered best episode of Heroes yet. I've only watched each one once but yesterdays and last weeks seemed much better than the previous ones.
Maybe I'm just more into it now.
-
Heroes just keeps getting better and better ;D
[spoiler]Mr. Sulu is Hiro's father!! That's right George Takei is in there :P Also, we get a glimpse of Claire's birth mother![/spoiler]
-
Heroes just keeps getting better and better ;D
[spoiler]Mr. Sulu is Hiro's father!! That's right George Takei is in there :P Also, we get a glimpse of Claire's birth mother![/spoiler]
[spoiler]and she can create fire!!! and omg who is Claires dad? btw that Invisible guy is a former "Doctor". He was the doctor from 2004-2005 i believe. Just some useless trivia.[/spoiler]
-
I already knew that. (My brother somehow found out.) So that left very little to like in the latest episode. They did a lot of setting up for future events, and very little else. Boring.
-
I want to watch it, but it's on at the same time as 24, so no thanks.
-
DVR is my friend.
-
So I finally watched episode 14, which I missed last week, over at nbc.com. Nice thing about seeing it in a media player is that you can pause and go back when you think you see something.
(http://home.cinci.rr.com/jgoods/images/Heroes%20E14%20NCC-1701%20License%20Plate.jpg)
;D It shouldn't be a spoiler by now that George Takei plays Hiro's father. That's his limo, and the girl getting in is Hiro's sister.
-
8)
-
haha!! thats a nice touch with the license plate
-
haha!! thats a nice touch with the license plate
HAHA I noticed that too, man I feel like a real trek geek now.
-
I just realized what the licence plate meant!
NCC-1701 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCC-1701)
While I may not be as trekky as some of here, I do appreciate that little easter-egg! ;D
-
In episode 14 of the Heroes TV series, NCC 1701 is the license plate number of a car owned by Hiro Nakamura's father (played by George Takei).
That's right from your link. :)
-
I just finished with the first season. I really liked it, but I think it peaked 75% of the way through. The final couple of episodes weren't bad, but not the climax I wanted it to be.
I think the show missed a lot of opportunities and could have been better, but it was still really good. I am also not convinced that having one of the characters be all powerful -- you know what I am talking about -- is a good idea. It just diminishes the importance/powers of the others. I mean if you look at something like the Justice League, yes you have Superman, but while he has every power you can think of, he doesn't diminish the importance of other characters. He runs fast, but someone runs faster, he is smart, but someone is smarter etc. [spoiler]In Heroes, Peter can do everything, which I don't think was the best move. Hiro is awesome though. [/spoiler]
Some of the acting I found a little off, and oh god the editing is horrible. There are plenty of scenes missing, though I suppose that was due to time constraints. BTW, I really found some of the slow build up to be annoying, because it was so predictable. In something like Unbreakable, I was mesmerized by every scene, even if it was slow. That's because the writing was good, and the storytelling masterful. In fact this is probably the first time I've found something too slow.
Still the first season was highly enjoyable, and very addictive. I was let down by the finale I guess, but it was definitely worth the time.
How is season 2 turning out? From what I've read, people are a little disappointed?
-
Season 2 is pushing me towards the 'I hate this show' camp. Season 1 was slow to build up then mid way through we get some action and some developments - plenty cool. Then the 2nd half was slow to another build up. Season 2 is f***ing slow... again! I just can't be arsed with it, and wth this strike this season might only be 11 episodes s it's not even worth waiting for on DVD.
There's an article on the net Pug that has a producer of the show say 'yeah we screwed up season 2' that they shouldn't have slowed things down again, and had such disjointed storylines. Idiots.
-
The acting is a bit off, but I only think Claire and Peter are the weak points in the acting. Peter is much worse than Claire, its like his idea of acting is imitating a bad Keanu Reeves impression.
-
This show looked like a giant pile of stupid to me from the get-go. I can't say anything its done more recently has changed that opinion.
-
I followed it for a season and a half, and then I lost interest. Every time I try to like one of these endless serials, I give up eventually. They keep dragging things out, and I rarely feel a sense of satisfaction after watching any episode. The only episodic shows I get to like are those where each episode is a self-contained story within a larger serial context.
-
This show looked like a giant pile of stupid to me from the get-go. I can't say anything its done more recently has changed that opinion.
While I enjoyed it Que, I can see why you say that. Even half way through, while it was at its best, there were moments so stupid that I was thinking "man this just jumped the shark." In fact while you can only jump the shark once, I found many moments where I was thinking that, only to start liking it again after something cool happened.
-
I don't understand any of you. The second season has been awesome.
It's true that I hated the series at first, but after I encountered it a few times I came to appreciate it as the hilarious MST-fodder it is. It's got everything: retarded superheroes, bullshit science, angsty teenagers, high school drama, soap opera dialog, awkward romance, prehistoric clichés, and a pretentious plot.
For fuck's sake, this is the most powerful character in the show:
(http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8057/punchhiminhisstupidemofeo4.jpg)
Look at him. Look at him emoing it up with his stupid fucking face. Don't you just want to punch him?
The show is freaking awesome, and there will be no further discussion.
-
By the way, Peter only has that one facial expression. That's because he only has emotion: stupid. Don't believe me? Just try these typical Heroes scenes:
"Peter, New York City is going to explode!"
(http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8057/punchhiminhisstupidemofeo4.jpg)
"Peter, you have superpowers! You're like a freaking deity!"
(http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8057/punchhiminhisstupidemofeo4.jpg)
"Hi, Peter, I'm Claire! I'm a cheerleader with superpowers, but that's because I'm your niece (although neither of us know it yet)."
(http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8057/punchhiminhisstupidemofeo4.jpg)
"Peter, you have amnesia."
(http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8057/punchhiminhisstupidemofeo4.jpg)
"Peter, you killed my brother you stupid jerk!"
(http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8057/punchhiminhisstupidemofeo4.jpg)
"Peter, you don't have amnesia anymore."
(http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8057/punchhiminhisstupidemofeo4.jpg)
"Peter, we're going to lock you in a dungeon for all eternity."
(http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8057/punchhiminhisstupidemofeo4.jpg)
"Peter, you have AIDS."
(http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8057/punchhiminhisstupidemofeo4.jpg)
"Peter, your mom died."
(http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8057/punchhiminhisstupidemofeo4.jpg)
"Peter, you're pregnant."
(http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8057/punchhiminhisstupidemofeo4.jpg)
PS, those screenshots and dialog are completely authentic.
-
Peter, that joke stopped being funny by the 3rd one.
-
Peter, that joke stopped being funny by the 3rd one.
(http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8057/punchhiminhisstupidemofeo4.jpg)
-
lol dude... You know you are right about one thing. The shows throws a lot of sophomore film moments at you. I can't think of one now, but I'll come up with a list of all those dumb moments from season 1, where I thought... that's it... this show lost it.
And yes, when I saw Peter the first time, I thought this is the hero? WTF?
Why does he have all these powers, but can't find a comb?